Nas Won't Reply To 50 Cent

Lord Nibbler

I don't know if you've heard about this, but here goes:

At a concert, before Nas came on, the DJ started playing some 50 Cent/G-Unit songs which were met with boos. Nas then came onstage to see what was going on, asked fans who they came to see and reportedly said something along the lines of "Not that fake shit, not that 50 Cent."

50 heard this and put out a little reply on the Banks freestyle track "Y'all Niggaz Starvin".

Now Nas has said that he probably won't reply to 50, instead saying, "If you got a issue, come talk to your town and see what they feeling. But as far as that battle stuff, I leave that for the new dudes."

Now, people are falling over themselves to defend Nas and make him out as the hero. But he's not. If this were the other way around, everyone would be criticising 50 Cent for not replying after taking a cheap shot. People criticise Eminem for not replying to...say...Crooked I, when Em hasn't even dissed Crooked I in the first place. It's incredibly hypocritical. But, because it's Nas Almighty it's OK. Nas started it, and he must have known what would happen. 50 is the type of rapper to diss someone at the drop of a hat (or in this case, the drop of a name). I'm not saying Nas is scared to battle 50 (he'd almost certainly win) but I think he's scared of the backlash. He doesn't want fans to turn on him like they did Ja.

P.S. On the track, 50 also takes shots at Shyne, with whom he is also beefing.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bluesman

I actually like Nas, and am disappointed by this. He has battled people before, IIRC, so this is kind of baffling. Like you said, he had to know what was going to happen. Hopefully he was just kidding about not battling, and is planning on doing something.

I actually like Nas, and am disappointed by this. He has battled people before, IIRC, so this is kind of baffling. Like you said, he had to know what was going to happen. Hopefully he was just kidding about not battling, and is planning on doing something.

Indeed. Nas would easily beat 50, and he should do so. I mean, I dunno, chickening out of a battle seems a lot more damaging than just battling him.

Who. Fucking. Cares.

Disses. What are they, 12? Seriously. It's such trivial commercialized bullshit. Why does anyone give a fuck?

What's beef? Beef is when you need two gats to go to sleep

Beef is when your moms ain't safe up in the streets

Beef is when I see you

Guaranteed to be an ICU, one more time

What's beef? Beef is when you make your enemies start your Jeep

Beef is when you roll no less than thirty deep

Beef is when I see you

Guaranteed to be an ICU, check it

People need to stop calling this petty shit 'beef'. This ain't no West Coast/East Coast we gonna kill you kinda beef. This ain't Deathrow and Bad Boy. No one cares anymore.

What's beef? Beef is when you need two gats to go to sleep

Beef is when your moms ain't safe up in the streets

Beef is when I see you

Guaranteed to be an ICU, one more time

What's beef? Beef is when you make your enemies start your Jeep

Beef is when you roll no less than thirty deep

Beef is when I see you

Guaranteed to be an ICU, check it

People need to stop calling this petty shit 'beef'. This ain't no West Coast/East Coast we gonna kill you kinda beef. This ain't Deathrow and Bad Boy. No one cares anymore.

Edited by Jimmy the Exploder

Guest bukkake bandit

Now, people are falling over themselves to defend Nas and make him out as the hero. But he's not. If this were the other way around, everyone would be criticising 50 Cent for not replying after taking a cheap shot.

Nas would piss all over 50 Shit. Not that I'm too bothered, as I only care for Snoop, who is the only good rapper still out there. Maybe that's just my opinion. I couldn't care for rap music anymore, it's nothing compared to how it used to be.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

Because Nas can rap and has credibility. 50 Cent, on the other hand, is garbage. There's NO WAY people would turn on Nas if he replied. There's a better chance of people turning against 50 Cent.

That's my point. Because people love Nas so much, they defend him for doing things they would criticise others for doing. It's hypocritical. Taking cheap shots and then backing down should be seen as equally cowardly/sensible no matter who does it.

Nas would piss all over 50 Shit. Not that I'm too bothered, as I only care for Snoop, who is the only good rapper still out there. Maybe that's just my opinion. I couldn't care for rap music anymore, it's nothing compared to how it used to be.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

I'm not saying every rapper today is shit, but I cant hardly name anyone that's half decent nowadays and does anything special(Minus maybe Nas and Diddy).

*cough*

Kayne West.

Jurassic 5.

The Roots.

Dizzee Rascal.

Cannibus.

*cough*

And since when was Xzibit anything special? Not jumping on you, but have I missed something? He should stick to presenting Pimp my Ride.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

Like I said, it's my opinion. Sure there are some good rappers out there, but nothing compared to how it used to be. I mean all the actual good ones I haven't heard from for ages(Xzibit, Dre, Ice Cube etc). There's too much shit about nowadays, and you cant deny that. Yeah you get one or two good people, but mostly it's all crap now. When I turn on something like MTV Base I see crap like Eminem(Who in my opinion is over rated and boring now), 50 Cent, Cassidy and so on, instead of stuff like TLC, Snoop, Tupac and so on. I'm not saying every rapper today is shit, but I cant hardly name anyone that's half decent nowadays and does anything special(Minus maybe Nas and Diddy).

Just my opinion though, maybe I'm wrong. No need to kill me for it.

Edited by Jimmy the Exploder

Like I said, it's my opinion. Sure there are some good rappers out there, but nothing compared to how it used to be. I mean all the actual good ones I haven't heard from for ages(Xzibit, Dre, Ice Cube etc). There's too much shit about nowadays, and you cant deny that. Yeah you get one or two good people, but mostly it's all crap now. When I turn on something like MTV Base I see crap like Eminem(Who in my opinion is over rated and boring now), 50 Cent, Cassidy and so on, instead of stuff like TLC, Snoop, Tupac and so on. I'm not saying every rapper today is shit, but I cant hardly name anyone that's half decent nowadays and does anything special(Minus maybe Nas and Diddy).

Just my opinion though, maybe I'm wrong. No need to kill me for it.

X has got a new single out, called Mutha Fucka. It's standard Xzibit fare, nothing special, but I like the guy.

Yeah, there's a lot of shit out there, but you're supposed to expect shit from mainstream music. Scratch the surface, though, and you'll find some incredible rap music. The Roots, Jedi Mind Tricks and Jadakiss all have new albums out. The former are worth buying, but the latter is only average.

The Roots - 'Tipping Point'

Recommendations: Guns Are Drawn, Boom (but only if you're familiar with Big Daddy Kane and Kool G Rap, otherwise you won't 'get' it)

Jedi Mind Tricks - 'Legacy of Blood'

Recommendations: Saviorself feat. Killah Priest, Philosophy of Horror

Jadakiss - 'Kiss Of Death'

Recommendations: Intro (honestly), Why? feat. Anthony Hamilton (the remix is better).

De La Soul have some new shit coming out. I'm assured that if the retail is like the promo, it's gonna be good.

Canibus

Recommendations: Poet Laureate II, 2000 B.C., Lost @ C

Also, if you're into West Coast gangsta, look out for The Game's forthcoming debut. Dre will be producing a lot of that.

I cant hardly name anyone that's half decent nowadays and does anything special(Minus maybe Nas and Diddy).