TWR 2020 problem

My TWR game wont load as it states an error has occured "not a valid bookmark". Not sure what this means, the actual data I downloaded doesn't have any errors according to the game itself. Is this because I modified the data and added a few new companies? And does anyone know how to fix this?

From the GDS FAQ

"I am getting 'Runtime Error 3159, Not A Valid Bookmark' or 'Runtime Error 3343, Unrecognized Database Format' or 'Runtime Error 3011' or 'Runtime Error 3112, Record(s) cannot be read; no read permission on 'tblGameInfo'' or "Connection Error 3049, tblGameInfo could not be found" or "Connection Error 3049, File May Be Corrupt"..."
Unfortunately this means that the Microsoft database that we use for the game has been corrupted; currently it is not known why this happens (this is not an issue specific to TEW).
You should first go to Options -> Remote Assistance and try using the code repairdb. If you cannot get to the Options screen to try this then you can do the same thing by pressing the Repair button on the load game screen.
If that does not work, you should apply the backup file (using the Game Recovery button on the Load Game menu; if you cannot access this screen then you can perform the same operation manually by replacing your TEW2020.mdb save game file, found in Databases -> Name -> SaveGames -> Name, with the one found in its Backup folder).
In the rare case that none of the above works then you will need to start a new thread for further help.

Also, some virus checkers can cause connection issues. In particular, Avast is notorious for causing problems. You may have to temporarily disable your antivirus or alter its settings to stop connection issues.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SMMALIK said:

Where is options?

The Options button is here, in the bottom-left corner:

TGl2MBe.png

But I think it sounds like you can't load a game at all, right? If that's the case, try using the Repair button on the Load Game screen:

ofB9ODN.png

• Like 1

Just now, LittleDaniel said:

The Options button is here, in the bottom-left corner:

TGl2MBe.png

But I think it sounds like you can't load a game at all, right? If that's the case, try using the Repair button on the Load Game screen:

ofB9ODN.png

Thanks, for some reason none of the steps that were given are working for me so I'll just do it again manually. Thanks for the help though