Family Guy: The Movie

Benji

It was what they were planning before FOX brought the show back, I think the first 3 episodes when they come back are a part 1-3 that would have been this movie. I think there plan is too release them on DVD before they even air and allow people to watch them as if it was a full movie

Edited by Corizzle

I believe that they used the plot for this movie to make the first few episodes of the upcoming Family Guy season 4, but I could be wrong.

EDIT: I got scooped. :crying:

Edited by Jar Jar Beatnik

Guest Future Shock

Godfatha speaks the gospel!

Family Guy wouldn't transform well to a movie because, well, it doesn't have any massive storyline. It's manic, it's random, and that's the reason it rules! :P

I heard the rumour as well about Stewie searching for his real father.

To all those who say a Family Guy movie would rock, it wouldn't.

TV shows going into movie form have always sucked (with the arguable exception of South Park) and this would be no different.

Nothing arguable about South Park being a great TV to movie transition. That was pure brilliance.

But you're possibly in the minority only watching Family Guy for 60 minutes at most. I've watched an entire disc of episodes on DVD in one sitting with my girlfriend or a group of friends. I personally can't get enough of the show.

It's been mentioned on the show several times that Meg isn't Peter's kid. 

I'm pretty sure it was only mentioned once and wasn't meant to be taken to seriously.

I remember it twice. Once, the family was in the car and Peter said it. Meg was listening to her headphones and was oblivious to it. Not sure what episode, this one's the sketchy one.

The second time, the one I'm sure of, was when Brian was on trial to get custody of his puppies from Seabreeze. Peter was trying to prove Brian was a better father than him, said he didn't know who Meg's father was. Brian answered it, Meg oblivious with headphones.

But you're possibly in the minority only watching Family Guy for 60 minutes at most.  I've watched an entire disc of episodes on DVD in one sitting with my girlfriend or a group of friends.  I personally can't get enough of the show.

I've watched the full season discs back to back on a bunch of occassions. As have most of my friends. I don't think a Family Guy movie would do that well as it's not that huge of a show, but I doubt it's appeal would be lost because it's 90 minutes long.

But you're possibly in the minority only watching Family Guy for 60 minutes at most.  I've watched an entire disc of episodes on DVD in one sitting with my girlfriend or a group of friends.  I personally can't get enough of the show.

I've watched the full season discs back to back on a bunch of occassions. As have most of my friends. I don't think a Family Guy movie would do that well as it's not that huge of a show, but I doubt it's appeal would be lost because it's 90 minutes long.

Well they never intended for the movie to get a theatrical release, it would have been straight to DVD and then aired on Adult Swim. But since their DVD market was so huge, FOX decided to bring the show back on the air and now the movie is getting split up into episodes.

Am I the only one who doesn't like Family Guy all that much? In short doses it is fine, but after watching one episode it is almost impossible to watch it again, I find. The random humor is fine the first time you see it, but that it why it works - it's random. When I see an episode for a second or more time, it's no longer random, I know it is coming, and I don't find it funny. I also find Lois, Meg, Chris, and Brian (and often Stewie) to be incredibly annoying. And the biggest problem is that all the characters are so one dimensional that when they try to build an actual plot (Lois might get wacked, everything about Brian finding himself, etc.) it just comes off flat. 15 minute shows (Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Harvey Birdman) are shorter and thus, don't have to worry about the plots as much and it really helps the completely random humor.

Or maybe it's just me?