Silver PS2's

Cactus Drags

I think thats true of all PS2's actually, when stood vertical something doesn't work properly or suchlike. I know that's vague, but I do know I heard something about even normal ones shouldn't be vertical.

:P

Guest Mr McFarlane

Yes, When any PS2 is vertical it tends to scratch much more often then if you play it normally.

Thanfully the new PS2 model is going back to the old PS1 disc system

PS2 never looked sexy (i actualy think all tree of todays consoles look like poo on a stick), the problem with the smal one is that it looks like it needs a very smal mod chip taht 1. dossent exists yet and will take some time to happen (in general, not to speak of a good one) and 2. will coast a handfull sinc smal technic stuff just dos aaaaaaand

The one thing that does get to me about the PS2 was on release they said it was designed to look like something you could have next to your TV, VCR etc. and not look out of place like your old-school games console, and to an extent they achieved it. It does look right snazzy on my TV stand. But why, when TV's have now gone from black to silver as the predominant colour, did they make the PS2 black? It took them ages to knock out the silver one. Spanners.

I have my PS2 standing up Vertical and haven't had a problem with it, not that it matters much since I never play my PS2 much anymore [i play my X-Box alot more] but I used to have mine horizontal when I first bought it but I thought it would look nicer standing up since I thought it looked kinda retarded when it was horiztonal due to way it looks so akward so I decied to stand it besides it saves me valuable space that way.

Uhh, I thought that the PS2 worked better standing up.

Hell no,

It doesn't run better in any position, Unless you have a first generation problem machine like I do.

Vertical and the one I have to do to make my games work most of the time, Upside down, damage the CDs easier then Horizontal playing.

I've always love the pop open loader on the PS1, And it's sexy that new PS2 model goes back to it.

I've had my PS2 since launch day and, aside frmo the few times I took it to a friends house, standing up all the time. I have yet to have a problem with my PS2 that was the result of my PS2 and not a faulty (IE rented or preowned) game. I heard everyone saying how their first generation PS2s have DREs or other problems, then I look at Old Faithful sitting there on the floor on my room, under my tv stand, standing upright, and think I must've gotten lucky

Guest Mr McFarlane

Probably, Or you probably don't use it enough/move it around enough to dislodge what creates the DREs in the first generations.

Sony really designed it poorly and it could DRE so fucking easy. The solution?

Well, I'm not going to go into detail but I have to crack open my PS2 and turn a little white cogwheel that controls the level of the laser inside the PS2. When I get it to the right place it'll play everything again.