• Red Sox in 6
    • Yankees in 6
    • Red Sox in 7
    • Yankees in 7

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say Ortiz for MVP of the series, Johnny Damon MVP of tonight's game (for obvious reasons).

I had Sox in 7, but I never once believed the Yankees would have to execute the biggest collapse in sports history to allow my prediction to come true. Life is good right now. I eagerly anticipate the next 6 months of Yankees fans whining about how they need Beltran, Pavano, Bonds, Pujols, Randy Johnson, Roy Oswalt and others to compete next year. FUCK THE YANKEES baby!  :devil:

The Knuckleball still baffles me, it's an awesome pitch. The forkball isn't too impressive but when Mike Morris was throwing the palm ball... fuck that thing had bend.

WOO WOO WOO WOO.

4 Straight, YANKEES SUCK ASS!

Go Boston.

Lowe, was great tonight! He came through. I think the reason behind Pedro coming in was to stick it into the Yankee fans but sadly it didn't work.

Johnny Damon! I knew right from where the pitch was thrown it was going to be a home-run or atleast a deep base hit. GRAND SLAM!

Ortiz is like the hero of Boston now. Good for him. There should of been a Co-MVP... Schilling (for his performance from game 6)

"WHOSE YOUR DADDY, YANKS?"

and after the biggest comeback in Sports history all I can say is...

"What Curse?"

Forkball is basically the Vulcan sign, but not quite.

I know. I can throw a forkball. The only two I have seen that I have never figured out are the screwball and the knuckleball.

"What Curse?"

'Hi, we're the St. Louis Cardinals. Our lineup reads like the NL Murderer's Row, and we have, more then likely, the reigning NL MVP, as well as a former MVP. We are also the most well rounded team in baseball this year, with a starting rotation that is pretty damn good. Oh, and yeah, we ran away with our division, a division that gave us the team we're playing in the NLCS.'

'Hi, we're the Houston Astros. You might remember us as the team that fired their manager at the halfway point, and since then has made your little 4 game comeback look like a midseason homestand. We also have Carlos Beltran, who is killing in the playoffs. Oh, and a guy named The Rocket... we think you've met before.'

In other words... It ain't over til' its over.

The curse isn't about beating the Yankees, or being better then them, the Sox have done that before, though not like this. Its about winning the World Series.

Bucky Dent

Aaron Boone

Craig Biggio?

;)

I hate the Sox as much as I hate the Yankees. And right now I hate the Cards too. GO 'STROS!

Edited by sycodmn

"What Curse?"

'Hi, we're the St. Louis Cardinals. Our lineup reads like the NL Murderer's Row, and we have, more then likely, the reigning NL MVP, as well as a former MVP. We are also the most well rounded team in baseball this year, with a starting rotation that is pretty damn good. Oh, and yeah, we ran away with our division, a division that gave us the team we're playing in the NLCS.'

'Hi, we're the Houston Astros. You might remember us as the team that fired their manager at the halfway point, and since then has made your little 4 game comeback look like a midseason homestand. We also have Carlos Beltran, who is killing in the playoffs. Oh, and a guy named The Rocket... we think you've met before.'

The curse isn't about beating the Yankees, or being better then them, the Sox have done that before, though not like this. Its about winning the World Series.

Bucky Dent

Aaron Boone

Craig Biggio?

;)

I hate the Sox as much as I hate the Yankees. And right now I hate the Cards too. GO 'STROS!

"What Curse?"

Bucky Dent

Aaron Boone

Craig Biggio?

;)

"What Curse?"

Bucky Dent

Aaron Boone

Craig Biggio?

;)

A very large amount of true Red Sox fans will take the victory over the Yanks even if it meant a loss in the W.S. A loss to either one of the NL teams isn't that likely.

Hahahahaha the Red Sox have no heart. They just fought back from down 3-0. Like a kid with ebola, their heart is leaking out of their ears. Not to mention, they have the momentum. They just made baseball history.

Add to that one little extra stat that's somewhat overlooked:

Every World Champion since the turn of the millennium directly defeated the New York Yankees in order to get there:

2001: Diamondbacks (beat Yankees in World Series)

2002: Angels (beat Yankees in first round)

2003: Marlins (beat Yankees in World Series)

2004: ??

(I know, not an impressive stat, but we need all the help we can get...)