• Red Sox in 6
    • Yankees in 6
    • Red Sox in 7
    • Yankees in 7

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to be a copycat but I also think Sox in 6.

Pedro/Schilling start 1-2, and then they also start 4-5 on short rest.

They win in 6 because somebody else steps up (probably Lowe if I had to take a guess) because I don't think both Martinez and Schilling can beat NY's power hitting twice in the same series.

I say BoSox in 6 as previously said, Yanks have no pitching. Mussina seemingly cannot win a Game 1, Kevin Brown is using Tommy John's elbow ligaments on loan and Lieber and Vazquez and No.3s at best

The Sox can start Schilling 1, 4 & 7 if needed and Pedro can give you one win. Wakefield's crazy knuckler in October is deadly and Arroyo is a wildcard

The Red Sox have the better bully getting to their top 2 than the Yankees and can outmash

Guest kijlhumt

With apparent drama with Rivera and his wife and something going on there that might result in Rivera not being there, plus Gordon almost having his eye poked out by a champagne cork, my money is on the Red Sox.

I will fully admit that I was wrong about them.

Red Sox in 6. The winning hit won't come from Manny or Ortiz, but from someone unlikely. Such as Kevin Millar or Jason Varitek.

Red Sox pitching has been great in the playoffs, with Bronson Arroyo being a lot better than I expected (He hit 20 players in the regular season, he tied for the MLB lead with Carlos Zambrano) And Schilling and Pedro are pitching as good as ever.

And then I see Red Sox vs. Cardinals in the finals.

Edited by Mortified Penguin

Aaron Boone is playing for the Indians.

Anyway, Sox in 6. Schilling will win a game or two. Wakefield will own the Yanks again. Pedro and Arroyo should do fine as well.

And seriously, screw this "hammer of God" crap. We all know that fate's just been a bitch on the Red Sox side.

Edited by Lowerdeck

Guest NYJetFan86

I'm not joking there was an article I read in a New York newspaper today it was either in the Daily News or Newsday that had an interview with Aaron Boone and in it he said the Yanks will win in 7

Guest kijlhumt

I'm not joking there was an article I read in a New York newspaper today it was either in the Daily News or Newsday that had an interview with Aaron Boone and in it he said the Yanks will win in 7

Guest NYJetFan86

I'm not saying that Boone is gonna be right in his prediction I'm just saying what his prediction is but since I'm a Yankee fan I'm agreeing with his prediction that the Yanks will win in 7 because like sycodmn said in the MLB thread the Red Sox will never win as long as the Yanks are around because it's in their heads or something along those lines

Francona said today that he wouldn't be pitching Schilling on short rest due soreness in your ankle. For a power pitcher like Schilling if you don't have your legs you can't get behind the ball as much as you'd like.

Anyways my prediction Yankees in 6. Jeter owns the Red Sox all series on his way to taking ALCS MVP honors.

De-rek Je-ter *clap clap-clap clap clap*