GTA: San Andreas

Miami Vice

Guest Bluesman

The Lazlow interview of Loc has some great lines, especially this one (not exact):

"I don't know what you just said, but maybe this will cheer you up: I brought you some malt liquor"

Edited by Bluesman

"Marthephaluth Titanium!  I love that word!  I'm getting a redwood in my khakith!  If I come back ath a  thuperhero thatth what I wanna be called!  It'th a Marthephalus Titanium!"

"You thound like a thpinthter with two puthieth...catth!"

-Maurice, Gardening With.

"Stop making eyes at the producer."

"I've already slept with him,"

"Me too."

"Ooh."

-I Say, You Say

All on WCTR.

"Rollercoaster" by RHCP

That song is great, but I don't think it's the Chili's that sing it in this. I'm sure it sounds different from Kiedis' voice.

And the radio is confuddling. I've listened to WCTR through the cycle twice in a row, and the only time I've heard Lazlow was during that teaser for his show. I've only heard Lonely Hearts once, and I forget when.

The DJ on LSR also mentions what happened in the game, for instance with the gang wars. If you win, he mentions how the Grove Street Families are making a big comeback, or he'll mention how the Ballas are swarming over Los Santos. It rawks.

I like Radio Los Santos, Bounce FM, the reggae station, Playback and Radio X (to an extent, really only for Alice in Chains and Stone Temple Pilots)

And for the record, Public Enemy = More socially aware and more intelligent NWA. I like both though, but fuck Slick Rick, Big Daddy Kane, Eric B & Rakim, GangStarr etc.

I personally would prefer a white guy, but only because it would be easier to make someone that i'd be more confortable with.

Agreed, black people (especially in video games), make me uncomfortable too.

Please don't cut parts out of my message to try and make me look bad, I also said that having it be a black character doesn't bother me at all.

All I meant was it would be easier for me to make a white guy, because I like characters like GTA3 guy. I know he wouldn't fit well in CJ's specific role, but I didn't say he would either.

I personally would prefer a white guy, but only because it would be easier to make someone that i'd be more confortable with.

Agreed, black people (especially in video games), make me uncomfortable too.

Please don't cut parts out of my message to try and make me look bad, I also said that having it be a black character doesn't bother me at all.

All I meant was it would be easier for me to make a white guy, because I like characters like GTA3 guy. I know he wouldn't fit well in CJ's specific role, but I didn't say he would either.

Why wouldn't you feel comfortable with a black character out of interest?

I think Shampoo means he could relate more to a white guy since, I'm assuming, he's white himself. He just worded it wrong, if thats what he means.

Without getting all serious and moral - colour shouldn't matter, especially in a video game. I mean really who here can relate to a character like Tommy Vercetti, a big time gangster, even if he is white? I think the creators have done a good job in drawing gamers into the character of CJ, relating with his loss and struggle - the way you start in the middle of nowhere and with poor stats increases a bond in between the gamer and CJ. The pixelated colour of his "skin" should mean nothing.

A white guy would make absolutely no sense in this situation. Neither would a latino guy really, the cultures, especially the gang cultures, are different enough that it would change it.

Personally, CJ is a fine character. I have no problem with it. In fact, a Tommy Vercetti re-tread would have sucked ass. I am enjoying SA far more then VC, and most of it is the setting and characters.