Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

Well I managed the impossible and just finished in 6th in League 1 with Wednesday after we hit a run of 13 games unbeaten. And then completed the beyond impossible and won the playoffs to get into the Championship...

And then done the impossible again and won the opening game against Burnley 2-0.

I am pretty much in shock how much better they are performing of late. And I've only brought in 3 players: Les Ferdinand, Keith Gillespie and Paul Dickov.

The transfer issue about wasting 45 mil on Kaka doesn't surprise me. When you are a Prem club you are more likely to splash out more transfer money due to the high standard of the football.

But when you play as a lower league team you can scower the free transfers and Premiership rejects. I've only spent £6,000 of £100,000 and thats on Dickov.

Much more fun to be a lower league club.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest The Real Deal

Yeah I know that but 45.5m for the first option for Kaka.

I mean I would have done it in CM 01/02 but as the games financial ways get more detailed im rarely going to spend over 20m+

The first otion issue don't you also have to pay the club extra for it?

So he could be paying over 50m?

Guest Red Devil

I've never undertood the first option thingy so have never used it. Mudda, what exactly happened? did you set it for that amount and forget about it and then had to pay the money without getting the player? If so that's bollocks. They should really give you a warning in the messages.

Anyway i've splashed out 40million to bring in Stevie Gerrard from Liverpool to Betis as i needed only a DMC to have a really world class team even though i spent last January, this summer and next January's transfer budget which i set myself. I don't think i'll be needing anyone anyway, I've got a reasonable team and good enough back up.

Guest The Real Deal

The first option thing is that you negotiate an offer with the club for that player, you can set how long it lasts for 1-2 years I believe and during that time you can buy that player for the negotiated fee agreed and no other club can buy that player within that time.

Guest Red Devil

So no matter what, if they agree to the price at the start then they won't be able to reject that offer down the line as long as it's in the time specified?

If so that's quite cool. Would get a few of teh younger players who'll turn into stars and give them that option. It's a similer thing they Man Utd did with Christiano Ronaldo i think.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Well, in that case I can get Kaka for 5million more within the next 2 years, shame I haven't got 5 million until next season or until I sell someone else, looks like Gilberto might have to go to Aston Villa afterall.

Is anyone else like me?

I play the game for about 3 or 4 days straight and then I don't touch it for another 2 or 3 weeks then do the same etc etc. I can't seem to stick with it for ore than a week of playing.

With my Leicester game, I played it non stop. Since then.. on and off, like you.

I've tried to play different games with Arsenal and Crystal Palace, and couldn't get into it.

But since I started this game with Yeovil Town, I can't put it down. I got sacked by Yeovil and then took the Notts County job and have been doing fantastically. Took them over when they were 23rd in League Two, and have one game remaining in the league and I am 4th! No chance of automatic promotion, but a win in the Play-Offs could, and would be brilliant.

Guest Red Devil

Both my Longest games, Liverpool(till 09/01) and Real Betis (till 06/07) have resulted in me playing non stop through the first 2 seasons while i build up my team and get the youth into work. Then after that i only play it when i feel like which is once every 3 days and then lose intrest after not playing it for a while. That may just be becuase with both teams it took me a few seasons to win some gold so that might have made me relax and get too bored of it so i might end up playing with a shitty conference team and take 20+ years to get them to become the greatest team ever. The only problem with that is by the time i get somewhere i won't know whose who as the game will be filled with regens.

Yeah I find the bigger the challenge the longer I stick with the game. I keep going back to my current Wednesday game when before with Chelsea I was only playing to win the league and become champions of Europe. The first happened on goal difference and the second didn't happen at all, but intrest was lost anyway.

I always like the challenges though and Sheff Wed is a difficult one. Esp when you can beat Fulham (who were relegated) 3-1 one week and then lose to Derby 4-0 the next...Once I have completed my goal of making them Prem champions, thats when I will probably get bored! But thats a few seasons yet...

I just finished my first season as Rangers. Won the league by 9 points in the end but it wasn't until the last few games until Celtic started losing and drawing to teams other than me. I was undefeated in all league games. I was knocked out of the CIS Cup by Celtic (1-0) and the Final of the Tennant's Cup is still to be played and is another Old Firm Derby, which I'll probably win.

My Champion's League campeign didn't go so well. I got knocked out in the Group stages with Anderlecht in a group with Olympiakos and Milan (I think). I finished 4th in the table so I never even got a UEFA Cup place. But somehow, Stefan Klos (my keeper) got the Goalkeeper role in the Team Of The Tournament which is rather bizarre.

And my highlight of the season? Decides beating Anderlecht 3-0 it would have to be...

THIS~! :lol: