Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

I'm finding it really easy with Newcastle now. The best thing to happen to me was getting knocked out of all competion in the first round. For most of the first season I only played Premiership matches and my players were fresh so I picked up a lot of points and ended up winning the league. Now this gave me 20-30 odd million with the TV rights, Premiership Victory and Champions League Rights for next season.

The second season I retianed the title after bringing in a few more players. I won the FA Cup, got eliminated from the League Cup in the Semis and lost against AC Milan in the Champions League Final in Penelties. Once again I gained a lot of money.

The third year I retained the title again and this time won both the League Cup and FA Cup. However I lost in the FA Cup Semi-Finals to Man Utd.

Now I'm in the fourth season and bringing in some good bosmans and spending money gained from all those title wins have gave me an awesome team. Here it is,

GK: Tim Wiese

DR: John Heitinga

DL: Matias Lequi

DC: Ledley King

DC: Christian Chivu

DMC: Freddy Guarin

AMR:Arjen Robben

AML: Rafeal Van Der Vaart

AMC: Ronildinho

FC: Michael Owen

FC: Fernando Torres

Now there's only one original Newcastle player in there but a few of them are backups. I never set out to have Newcastle win everything, I just wanted a team that was winners become winners so I'm happy with the team. It's pretty young so I'm going to try and keep the game going for a few more years. I'm also the manager of Brazil and have won the Copa America. This has been my most succesful game ever so I'm really happy with it.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm a bit more confident in my Newcastle game now. I was worried about cover for my main starting line-up, but I just spent almost £15M on Jankulovski and Kallstrom in the January window, so I have plenty of cover for midfield, and Jankulovski can also play in either full-back slot. Also, Shearer just returned (though isn't 'back' yet), and out of nowhere, Ameobi scored 3 goals in his last 4 games, so I feel like I have four strikers to rotate now, rather than just Crespo and Owen as my only two choices.

Guest Red Devil

I've got a question, Records. Do they get updated in the game?

Firstly, I had Jacie Milburn as Newcastle's top scorer ever with 178 goals. Now Shearer has scored 183 goals in his Newcastle career but on the club records page it still lists Milburn as the top scorer ever for Newcastle? I've made sure Shearer has scored 183 goals with Newcastle so it's either not possible to change the record or it may be because he's still active? I'm not really sure so if anyone can shed any light on that it would be great.

Also another question on records. With my Newcastle game I'm 57 games unbeaten which is a club record, I'm also 50 games unbeating in the Premiership. Problem is, Didn't Arsenal have a 50/51 game unbeaten run? If so, why in the "milestones" section of the game, when I had 42 games unbeaten the League did they tell me I have set a new Premiership record?

Both questions aren't overly important but I'd rather know then....not know.

With Shearer's goal thing, it's based on league goals I think, so if some of those 183 goals are more than likely cup goals.

When looking at the records, switch to current season and it'll tell who your current top league scorer is who is active.

The least glamorous Champions League group ever:

Austria Vienna

Bournemouth

Porto

Wisla Krakov

Oh well. Being the most awesome manager in the world, me and my Cherries side will drift through it. And we're joint-top of the league with Chelsea, so I'm happy.

One question, though:

I'm seriously lacking good backup forwards, having been forced to sell Craig Bellamy, Portillo and Joseph Desire-Job (damn Minimum Fee Release Clauses.). I've signed some German U21 International that I can't remember the name of, and a youngster called Andy Scott from Brighton who can play anywhere, but neither are really good enough for an extended run in the first team should Adrian Mutu or Alan Connell get injured. So, who's still good and cheap(ish) by 2008/9?

It was ludicrous. There were only three highlights in the whole game that weren't Brazil scoring, and one of those was Robinho hitting the post.

My guys might as well not have turned up at all :P But there were two things I found funny:

1, Nobody actually said anything negative at all after the game. As if I was expected to lose Stupid - Nil.

2, Scoring ten goals in ninety minutes isn't enough to get you man of the match now? :P

That is quality . how long were the highlights? just out of curiousity.

And im pretty pissed off with it at the moment . earlier i played in the league cup for 139 minutes , so thats 19 minutes stoppage time and strangley enough Fergy werent about .. in that time i got Carrick injured :(

They took fucking ages :P

And yeah, I had twenty minutes of injury time at the end of extra time in a cup game once. I didn't get screwed or anything (I was 2-1 down before ET-HT, it finally finished 3-1), it was just annoying.

So yeah, I started a game with Chelsea and sold every single foriegn player, including Scots and Irish people.

I still won the league, and still only conceded 10 goals :shifty:

Carlton Cole is fucking amazing if you play 4-4-1-1 with Cole as the lone striker, backed up by an AMC or FC with free role...

Carlton Cole Is The Man For England !

Ok , i need some help I went sorta crazy and spent £56million in a season and i dont know who to play in midfield

My Options:

Left : Riise (playing left back majority of the time)

Luis Boa Morte (Current top scorer on left wing)

Center : Julio Baptista (New Signing £13.5 Million)

Van Bommel (Current Captain)

Jermaine Jenas (Doing Well Occasional Right Winger)

De Rossi (New Signing £16.5 Million)

Micheal Carrick (Doing Good , Now In England Squad)

Jerimies (Brought in as a back up and to give rest to MVB and Carrick but then i decided to spend a hella lot of money on midfielders)

Right : Davies (Signed Back For £7.5Million from Liverpool after a deal which was £7m , Riise and Garcia)

Jenas (Not Bad There , Has To Play There In CL Super Si is Eligeable)

If you wanted to know the rest of my side is pretty basic Spurs . Robinson in goal , Riise /Ziegler , King , Upson/New £8m Forigner whos name i cant spell , Mabizela . Defoe/Keane , Saha/Kanoute