Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

I think he meant managing IN Japan, to managing IN England. I.e, go from managing Osaka to managing Arsenal. That's possible too, I've done it loads, as have loads of other teams.

Oh, and I just spent an hour making the Swap file, only to find that they were taken out with patch 5.0.5,

If there was a PissedOffOMeter in existance, I'd probably have broken it.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is there anyway I can see all the transfers that have been done in the current season?

Just finished my third season at Notts Forest, first season in the Prem after going through the playoffs last term. I managed to finish 8th despite having what was rated as the worst team and being favourites to go down. Through some good luck everyone played out of their skins and ended up improving, and despite having £10mill to spend, I only spent around 1.5 of it.

Here's the team:-

GK - Thomas Myhre - One of the top three in the reasons why we did so well. Played every game, league and cup, think he ended up with 48 appearences with 51 conceded and around 20-22 clean sheets.

DR - Chris Baird - Signed from £500k at the beginning of the season, did well, but is being replaced for the upcoming season with Justin Hoyte from Arsenal.

DL - Alan Sheehan - Can't remember where I signed him from, but got him the season I got promoted for around £75k. Is 19 and is already one of the best left backs in England.

DC - Michael Dawson - Outstanding all season, him and Myhre a rock for our defence.

DC - Milan Dudic - Signed for free at the beginning of the season, had a good season but inconsistent. Will find it hard to compete with new signings Titus Bramble and Svensson next season along with Notts Forest protege Wes Morgan.

MR - Keiron Dyer - Was released by Newcastle and took a wage reduction (signing on for £11k a week) to join us. Was injured for a quarter of the season but was one of our best players.

ML - Kris Commons - Excelled after coming from the reserves after the sale of Andy Reid in my first season. Was named second in the end of season awards for best player behind Thierry Henry.

MC - Scott Parker - Signed in January from Valencia for £1million. Became a rock for our midfield and is who I'm basing my team around next season.

MC - Mathiu Flamini - Signed for £250k in January from Arsenal and he and Parker have formed a dynamic midfield duo.

FC - Henri Camera - I got him for £500k in my second season at Forest and scored around 40 goals. Scored 19 this term in the Premier and 25 altogether. Integral part of the team.

FC - Peter Crouch - Played terrific despite only netting 6 goals for the entire season.

Bit Part Players:-

Nigel Quashie - Played the first half of the season till Parker was brought in.

Robert Hughes - Ever present till Flamini was brought in. Excellent youngster who alternates with Flamini.

Chris Sutton - Only started two games and made around 25 appearences of the bench scoring twice.

Wes Morgan - Backup central defender. Another excellent youngster who I want to work into the team gradually.

The worst news going into the new season is that Thomas Myhre is heading to Fulham under the Bosman ruling.

New signings coming in to help with Europe if I can through the Intertoto and to help push for a higher place in the Premier are:-

Patrick Kluivert (Free from Newcastle)

Svensson (Free from Soton)

Titus Bramble (Free from Newcastle)

I've got another couple coming in but I can't quite remember who they are.

Edited by LBTN 4:20

It works, it works! Holy shit.

I'll upload the file somewhere later. I'm going to run a test for a while first, to see if anything unexpectedly lame happens.

Hmm, it seems to be a case of "Business as usual except in a different league" so far. Loads of European teams wanted to buy the big name talent that was now in Conference South though, on the (relatively - Henry is still worth 10m) cheap. Nobody left though.

The most interesting thing is, Birmingham are eight points clear at the top of Conference South after Arsenal and Chelsea had a terrible start (Unbeaten in the ECL group stages, but Arsenal were 12th in November :P). Mansfield vs York League Cup final anyone? :P

Edited by TheReilDeal

I just realised, since it's a text file, I might as well just post it instead of uploading it, right?

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Chelsea" "Grays"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Arsenal" "Cambridge City"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Man Utd" "Thurrock"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Everton" "Lewes"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Liverpool" "Eastbourne Boro"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Bolton" "Basingstoke"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Middlesbrough" "Weymouth"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Man City" "Dorchester"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Tottenham" "Hornchurch"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Aston Villa" "Bognor Regis"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Charlton" "Bishop's Stortford"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Birmingham" "Weston-super-Mare"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Fulham" "Hayes"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Newcastle" "Havant & W"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Blackburn" "St Albans"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Portsmouth" "Sutton Utd"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "West Brom" "Welling"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Crystal Palace" "Newport Co"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Norwich" "Carshalton"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Southampton" "Maidenhead"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Rotherham" "Southport"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Nottm Forest" "Nuneaton"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Ipswich" "Droylsden"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Derby" "Kettering"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Preston" "Altringham"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "West Ham" "Harrogate Town"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Reading" "Redditch"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Sheff Utd" "Worcester"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Wolves" "Worksop"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Millwall" "Stafford Rangers"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Q.P.R." "Hucknall"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Stoke" "Gainsborough"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Burnley" "Hinckley"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Leeds" "Lancaster"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Leicester" "Alfreton"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Cardiff" "Vauxhall Motors"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Plynouth" "Barrow"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Watford" "Moor Green"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Coventry" "Stalybridge"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Brighton" "Runcorn FC Halton"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Crewe" "Ashton Utd"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Gillingham" "Bradford PA"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Sunderland" "Margate"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Wigan" "Redbridge"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Luton" "Barnet"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Hull" "Hereford"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Tranmere" "Carlisle"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Brentford" "Aldershot"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Sheff Wed" "Stevenage"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Hartlepool" "Exeter"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Bristol C" "Morecambe"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Bournemouth" "Woking"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Huddersfield" "Accrington"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Doncaster" "Dag & Red"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Bradford City" "Crawley"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Swindon" "Scarborough"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Barnsley" "Gravesend"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Walsall" "Tamworth"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Colchester" "Burton"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Blackpool" "York"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Chesterfield" "Canvey Island"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Port Vale" "Northwich"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Oldham" "Forest Green"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "MK Dons" "Farnborough"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Torquay" "Leigh RMI"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Wrexham" "Halifax"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Peterborough" "Yeovil"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Stockport" "Scunthorpe"

Edited by TheReilDeal

Just finished my third season at Notts Forest, first season in the Prem after going through the playoffs last term. I managed to finish 8th despite having what was rated as the worst team and being favourites to go down. Through some good luck everyone played out of their skins and ended up improving, and despite having £10mill to spend, I only spent around 1.5 of it.

Here's the team:-

GK - Thomas Myhre - One of the top three in the reasons why we did so well. Played every game, league and cup, think he ended up with 48 appearences with 51 conceded and around 20-22 clean sheets.

DR - Chris Baird - Signed from £500k at the beginning of the season, did well, but is being replaced for the upcoming season with Justin Hoyte from Arsenal.

DL - Alan Sheehan - Can't remember where I signed him from, but got him the season I got promoted for around £75k. Is 19 and is already one of the best left backs in England.

Holy shit, Weymouth have reached the Second Knockout phase of the UEFA Cup in my reversed leagues game :o And they've got a shit Bulgarian team (they just convincingly beat Feyenoord...) so they might make the Quarter Finals...

Maybe the Coefficients won't be as screwed as I thought they'd be by the time the big boys make it back :P Weymouth and Hornchurch are bloody millionaires due to this Europe run (Hornchurch won the Prem, and Weymouth are running away with it this season) and have started signing half-decent players. (Well, Paul Ince and Robert Green ¬_¬)

Update: The coefficients are being slowly fucked over. Despite Man Utd winning the FA Cup, they couldn't stop England slipping to sixth (Scotland have risen to seventh), and losing a Champions League place.

I'm now at the end of season four, so Chelsea (who got the consecutive promotions) have just been promoted to the Championship, and Man United (who missed out the first season but have been consecutively promoted since) are now in League One.

Finance-wise, Chelsea are still fine, but Manchester United, Liverpool (who STILL can't get out of Con South), Norwich and Charlton are all feeling the strain, and are insecure financially. Newcastle are in debt, Arsenal (who only just got promoted to League Two) are in recievership, as are Southampton.

So far, only two non-league teams promoted to Con N/S have managed to stay up; Whitby Town this season and Kingstonian the season before (they went back down this season without winning a single game).

The Premiership has been won by:

Hornchurch (sucked dick in Europe and relegated the next season, but that was to be expected because they were still a Conference South team through and through. It's taken them three seasons to get back to the Prem (they came up this year)).

Grays (won a game in Europe but still didn't do much, floundering in mid table now).

Alfreton (missed out on CL Knockout qualification by a point, but had a pathetically easy group comparitively. Came second this season and have some quality players).

And this season, York (on the back of consecutive promotions, they finished second last year, and swapped with Alfreton this year).

The richest club in England? Welling. The only club so far to have been in Europe every year, and they're rolling in it as a result (3rd-3rd-5th and 5th this year).

There are quite a few small and medium name real like Premiership players who've signed for the new Premiership clubs, but no really big ones. Most of the World Class talent from the big teams moved to Spain or Italy.

Oh, and Milan have won the Champions League every season except the first (when Juventus won it).

Edited by TheReilDeal

Reily fucked up a few names.

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Chelsea" "Grays"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Arsenal" "Cambridge City"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Man Utd" "Thurrock"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Everton" "Lewes"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Liverpool" "Eastbourne Boro"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Bolton" "Basingstoke"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Middlesbrough" "Weymouth"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Man City" "Dorchester"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Tottenham" "Hornchurch"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Aston Villa" "Bognor Regis"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Charlton" "Bishop's Stortford"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Birmingham" "Weston-super-Mare"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Fulham" "Hayes"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Newcastle" "Havant & W"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Blackburn" "St. Albans"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Portsmouth" "Sutton Utd"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "West Brom" "Welling"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Crystal Palace" "Newport Co"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Norwich" "Carshalton"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Southampton" "Maidenhead"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Rotherham" "Southport"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Nottm Forest" "Nuneaton"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Ipswich" "Droylsden"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Derby" "Kettering"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Preston" "Altrincham"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "West Ham" "Harrogate Town"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Reading" "Redditch"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Sheff Utd" "Worcester"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Wolves" "Worksop"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Millwall" "Stafford Rangers"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Q.P.R." "Hucknall"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Stoke" "Gainsborough"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Burnley" "Hinckley"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Leeds" "Lancaster"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Leicester" "Alfreton"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Cardiff" "Vauxhall Motors"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Plymouth" "Barrow"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Watford" "Moor Green"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Coventry" "Stalybridge"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Brighton" "Runcorn FC Halton"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Crewe" "Ashton Utd"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Gillingham" "Bradford PA"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Sunderland" "Margate"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Wigan" "Redbridge"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Luton" "Barnet"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Hull" "Hereford"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Tranmere" "Carlisle"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Brentford" "Aldershot"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Sheff Wed" "Stevenage"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Hartlepool" "Exeter"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Bristol C" "Morecambe"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Bournemouth" "Woking"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Huddersfield" "Accrington"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Doncaster" "Dag & Red"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Bradford City" "Crawley"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Swindon" "Scarborough"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Barnsley" "Gravesend"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Walsall" "Tamworth"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Colchester" "Burton"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Blackpool" "York"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Chesterfield" "Canvey Island"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Port Vale" "Northwich"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Oldham" "Forest Green"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "MK Dons" "Farnborough"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Torquay" "Leigh RMI"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Wrexham" "Halifax"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Peterborough" "Yeovil"

"SWAP_TEAMS" "Stockport" "Scunthorpe"

Guest Zeokage

Thanks for your replies regarding managing in multiple countries, but the other questions weren't touched on at all...

Is there a disadvantage from playing multiple careers now?

Also, I haven't been able to find a list of leagues playable anywhere. Is there a list anywhere?

Finally, would it be better to wait for FM2006 (can't remember the release date) or get FM2005 as most, if not all, the bugs have been fixed?

Started a new game with Spurs, edited so Fredi Kanoute has gone to Sevilla. I need a new 4th striker, preferably someone big, so I see that Norwich are interested in the transfer listed Sean Davis, so I offer £500,000 + Davis for Dean Ashton. Ashton wants £49,000 a week - he's having a laugh surely?

GK: Robinson

DR: Stalteri

DL: Edman/Ziegler

DC: Dawson

DC: King ©

RM: Mendes/Routledge

LM: Reid/Kristansen

CM: Carrick

CM: Davids

FC: Defoe

FC: Mido

Guest Zeokage

No, I just want to see what's there. I was planning to have 3-5 careers running in the same game. Starting off unemployed in England, Japan and possibly USA for 3 of them. Seeing a list of the others would hopefully give me some ideas for places to start for the other two.

Ok, here we go:

Europe:

Austria (Premiership, First Division)

Belarus (Highest League, First League)

Belgium (First/Second/Third Division)

Bulgaria ("A" PFG, "B" PFG)

Croatia (First/Second Division)

Czech Republic (Same)

Denmark (Premier/First/Second)

England (Premiership to Conference North/South)

Finland (First/Second)

France (First/Second/National)

Germany (First/Second/Regional)

Greece (National A/National B)

Holland (Premier/First)

Hungary (Division 1/Division 1B)

Iceland (Premier/First)

Ireland (Premier/First)

Israel (Premier/National)

Italy (Serie A/B/C1/C2)

Northern Ireland (Premier/First/Second)

Norway (Same)

Poland (First/Second)

Portugal (Superleague/Second/Second B)

Romania (First/Second)

Russia (Premier/First)

Scotland (Premier/First/Second/Third)

Serbia (Second. Not quite sure what happened to the First ¬_¬)

Slovakia (First/Second)

Slovenia (First/Second)

Spain (First/Second/Second B)

Sweden (Premier/First/Second)

Switzerland (Super/Challenge)

Turkey (Premier/Second A/Second B)

Ukraine (High/First)

Wales (Premier)

Africa:

South Africa (Premier/First)

Asia:

China (Super/First)

Hong Kong (First)

India (National)

Indonesia (Premier/First)

Malaysia (Super/Premier)

Singapore (S-League)

South Korea (K/K2)

North America:

Mexico (First/First A)

USA (Major League)

Oceania:

Australia (Premiership)

South America:

Argentina (First/Second)

Brazil (First/Second/Third)

Chile (First/First B)

Columbia (First/Second)

Peru (First)

Uruguay (First/Second)

My fingers hurt now :shifty:

Guest Red Devil

It's so hard trying to get into a game for me now. For the next few weeks I haven't got much to do so I've been trying to get a game going but I can't get past a few months. In the last week I've tried playing with Luton, Ipswich, West Ham, Wigan, Aston Villa and Man Utd and given up far too quickly. With the shitty teams I kept getting my ass kicked so it got boring. With United I kept winning so it got boring. I'm trying to find a team that will interest me. I think my next team is Middlesborough. They've got a good squad and should be a challenge trying to get them into Europe.

Hopefully I can stay interested in this game!

Guest Zeokage

Thanks for the list... was the J-League taken out?

A couple of other questions... I downloaded the demo and started off well with Exeter (2 wins in 2), but the tactics are different from the old versions I played. Simpler, which is good, but when did they take away the sectored positioning? The thing where the pitch is split into 12 and in each sector you can tell each player where to be.

Also, how do you talk to the media? Do you have to wait for them to talk to you?

Edited by Zeokage