Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

If you want to talk about another manager, either go to your team screen and select "Release Comment > Next Opponent/Previous Opponent" from the menu on the side (right, by default). Or, go into a managers profile and do the same. You can comment on players' performances by right clicking their name, then selecting "release story to media", or something like that.

But sometimes they'll approach you as well.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Zeokage

I hope they manage to get the license for 2006...

Thanks for the help with the other points. Now I have to figure out how to play the media, and get out of a very bad slump I've been in since I last posted.

WTF :crying:

I'm just after installing FM again after being out awhile. Then I went to my editor to change a few things like transfers and shit like that and it's all in German or some language like that. Whats wrong with it?

Thanks

I'm into my 3rd season and I'm at Strasbourg after being sacked by Wigan for offering an ultimatum.

I got Wigan promoted in the first season, bought Mikael Forssell and got them 7th in their First PL Season and I get sacked when I ask for more wages <_<

But, now I'm at Strasbourg who are in the French Second League. Played 18, Won 14, Drawn 4 and Lost 0. Nonda is a god. 19 goals in 20 games.

Edited by Jordan Stiva

Guest Red Devil

Mudda, on the Dugout there's a new update called FMFinland. It's a newer version updated from 1st September. I've been playing with it now in the Premiership and it seems to be going good.

Guest Red Devil

Yeah it probably will be, I really wanted to start a new game that's why I used this one. There's nothing wrong with it and I'm not sure if the players stats have been updated but the transfers have.

I started a game with Newcastle. Having Owen, Shearer and Luque is fucking awesome. Signed Sneijder and Tekke Fatih and made a great start. Then in January I sold Luque for 26 Million to Valencia and bough in Rio Ferdinand, Rob Huth, Van Der Vaart and Diego. 4 Player for one is fucking awesome! Well I had a few million left over but them 4 for around 30 million has made my team. I'm in mid February and top of table. It could be that I've been knocked out of every competition early so only concentrating on the Premeir League has made it easy to win. I'll find out next year, well I've got 10 games left and 6 points ahead so I think I'll win it.

I'm Newcastle too, I edited the Premiership myself, but I've never downloaded a mod or update or patch, so I'm still using the original game. Sold Luque to Barcelona. Doing well, in 2nd but only by two points, and I have a game in hand. Its just gone into January. I signed Crespo, and he, Owen and Shearer were scoring for fun, until Shearer got injured for three months in mid October.

I need a bigger squad though, with Shearer out, Owen and Crespo have got knackered playing almost every match, and the goals have dried up a little, and my midfielders play reasonably well, but get booked a lot, and NEVER score. I think my midfielder with the most goals is Solano.....with two!

Also, everyone 'needs a rest' practically every game. I'm still in four competitions, so playing 2/3 games a week is taking it's toll on the fitness levels.

Since as it's January, I'm trying to add to the squad with bosman signings for the summer, and loan signings now to tide me over, but I may spend a bit of cash on a midfielder (preferably a goal scoring one). I'm looking at Kallstrom and Rothen.

Edited by timmayy

I need a bigger squad though, with Shearer out, Owen and Crespo have got knackered playing almost every match, and the goals have dried up a little, and my midfielders play reasonably well, but get booked a lot, and NEVER score. I think my midfielder with the most goals is Solano.....with two!

Also, everyone 'needs a rest' practically every game. I'm still in four competitions, so playing 2/3 games a week is taking it's toll on the fitness levels.

It's difficult when you don't have cover, though. Like he said, Owen and Crespo are his only two strikers with Shearer injured, and I'm guessing he doesn't have any decent cover in the squad.

That being said, I'd switch the formation every now-and-again to a 4-5-1, so you're giving one of them a rest.

It's difficult when you don't have cover, though.  Like he said, Owen and Crespo are his only two strikers with Shearer injured, and I'm guessing he doesn't have any decent cover in the squad.

It's difficult when you don't have cover, though.  Like he said, Owen and Crespo are his only two strikers with Shearer injured, and I'm guessing he doesn't have any decent cover in the squad.

Exactly. With a fully fut squad, I have a first team of maybe 15 players or so, then a couple of fringle players, then my young reserves, I need a bigger first team squad. I do have Ameobi I suppose, but he never scores, and apart from that It's youngsters. I have the same problem at Centre back, where I only really have Bomsong and Taylor.

Luckily though, after my next game I play Yeovil in the FA Cup, which is a good chance to rest people, followed by Wigan (who are bottom of the Prem) then it's about time for Shearer to be back, so Owen or Crespo can get a rest.

Guest Red Devil

I'm finding it really easy with Newcastle now. The best thing to happen to me was getting knocked out of all competion in the first round. For most of the first season I only played Premiership matches and my players were fresh so I picked up a lot of points and ended up winning the league. Now this gave me 20-30 odd million with the TV rights, Premiership Victory and Champions League Rights for next season.

The second season I retianed the title after bringing in a few more players. I won the FA Cup, got eliminated from the League Cup in the Semis and lost against AC Milan in the Champions League Final in Penelties. Once again I gained a lot of money.

The third year I retained the title again and this time won both the League Cup and FA Cup. However I lost in the FA Cup Semi-Finals to Man Utd.

Now I'm in the fourth season and bringing in some good bosmans and spending money gained from all those title wins have gave me an awesome team. Here it is,

GK: Tim Wiese

DR: John Heitinga

DL: Matias Lequi

DC: Ledley King

DC: Christian Chivu

DMC: Freddy Guarin

AMR:Arjen Robben

AML: Rafeal Van Der Vaart

AMC: Ronildinho

FC: Michael Owen

FC: Fernando Torres

Now there's only one original Newcastle player in there but a few of them are backups. I never set out to have Newcastle win everything, I just wanted a team that was winners become winners so I'm happy with the team. It's pretty young so I'm going to try and keep the game going for a few more years. I'm also the manager of Brazil and have won the Copa America. This has been my most succesful game ever so I'm really happy with it.