Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Started a new game as Man City, with an update from thedugout.net accurate to the 27th of July, meaning no SWP. I'm 3rd after 8 games, the only "big" teams I've played are Liverpool (0-0 at home) and Man Utd (won 4-2 away!).

My team looks like this:

GK: James

DR: Sun Jihai

DL: Warnock (£400,000 from Liverpool)

DC: Sommeil

DC: Distin

MR: Sinclair/Georgiadis (Free transfer)

ML: Musampa/Sinclair

MC: Bowyer (£1,500,000 from Newcastle)

MC: Barton/Reyna

FC: Andy Cole/Fowler

FC: Benni McCarthy (£1,100,000 from Porto)

McCarthy has been a fucking bargain, as has Georgiadis. Hoping to cement a midtable place, then bring in some more players, as my squad is pretty thin.

EDIT: Robbie Fowler is back in the England squad?! Jesus.

David James and Trevor Sinclair have also earnt themselves recalls. Bah.

The update is quite good - some stats have been changed I think, but I don't know how in-depth it is. Defoe and Carrick hardly play for Spurs, but it's worth a d/load if you want to start an up-to date-ish game.

Guest Red Devil

I had that FM attribute colour helper where players stats get yellow for 1-9, orange for 10-14 and red for 15-20. I reformated my PC and now I've downloaded it again but totally forgot where to put it. Does it also add in the player ratings in matches with players playing 8 or over getting red? Could anyone who has it installed please tell me which folder to install it into. Thanks.

I'm sitting comfortably atop the Premiership with Arsenal. I'm currently whooping Man U's ass 5-0 at Highbury.

EDIT:

Make that 6-0 (Y)

Edited by 17

Guest Thomas Jefferson

I won the FA cup with Arsenal but was unable to defeat to defeat Man U both the times in the league. But I defeated them 7-0 in the Community Shield

Do any of you guys use the 2G kits?

If you have a decent collection of them could you please send them me as there is nearly 30 pages to go through on sortitoutsi.net's forum and they don't come with a config file to make them work on the game either.

Cheers

I'm about to start my second season with Arsenal. I orchestrated a Treble for the Gunners, winning The FA Cup, The League Cup, and most importantly the Premiership. The Champions League still eludes Arsenal, as we got our asses handed to us by Inter who went undefeated throughout the entire tournament and beating Juve 2-1 in the finals. Over the summer I signed Mario Alberto Santana from Palermo. I also signed Belleti from Barcelona for £4.5M to provide some cover for Lauren. The Arsenal board did screw me however, I had arranged the Belleti transfer just right after the transfer window closed in January, so it would go through in the summer and at the time I had 7.5M in my transfer budgetm so I'm thinking, OK, even if I spend 4.5M, I'll still have 3M to buy youngsters and maybe a decent back-up player for the new season, BUT no, when I got my board appraisal for the new season, my transfer budget was now only 5M, leaving me with only 500K left. Oh well, it doesn't matter, I'm confident I can repeat last season's success with my current squad.

EDIT:

I love my board... They just gave me £27M. YAY!!!

Edited by 17

I'm halfway through my second season with Man United atm. Had a shocking first season, most of my players were unhappy because i was about 6th in the league (Although the points difference between 2nd - 6th was very small) and failed to even get past the group stage of the champions league. At one point i was told i could be sacked by the board unless i improve. The only player i purchased in the summer transfer window was Freddy Guarin because of my lack of funds (And i because i buy him every time i play a game.) Extra funds were made available in January though, where i brought in Van Der Vaart and Cudicini for around 15 Million altogether. I sold a couple of squad players also, can only remember selling Phil Neville though at the moment.

Anyway, i managed to save my job and take second place at the end of the season. And i could also have still won the league upto the last two games at the season, where i had to win both, and Arsenal had to lose both.

The next summer transfer window i brought in Sanli Tuncay, Anton Ferdinand (Haven't really had a chance to play him, i've been loaning him out since he arrived) and Park Ji Sung (I only signed him because he signed for Norwhich a week before and had a 3.5 million buy-out clause, so thought he'd become a good squad player.) Alan Smith and Scholes were the players i sold. I also released Carrol.

My line-up looked like this at the start of the season:

--------------------------------Van Nistelrooy/Saha-------------------------------------

---Giggs/VDV--------------------------------------------------------------Ronaldo/Park

------------------------------------Rooney/Tuncay----------------------------------------

-------------------------Guarin/Fletcher---Keane/Kleberson---------------------------

--Heinze/Fortune-----Silvestre/Ohea------------Rio/Brown----------------Neville/Brown

-------------------------------------Cudicini/Howard-------------------------------------

I basically swapped my 3 offensive midfield players around when some werent available, Park basically plays anywhere, Rooney gets played on the right and as striker alot and VDV sometimes gets played in the center.

Upto the January transfer window im unbeaten, and i've only drawn 4. I unsettled Ledley King in the build up to the transfer window, and after about of month of trying to get spurs to sell. Chelsea are only 4 points behind me at the moment, but i think i can keep my form up for the rest of the season, especially with King coming into the defence. My squad should be fine for the next few seasons, so no more big spending for me, i'll just focus on bring younger players in ready for when the older players retire.

Edited by BleedMe

I have found a defensive-Midfielder who becomes as good if not better then any other DM on the game.

His names Lucas Biglia, He's 18 and playing his trade for Argentinos in the Argentine Premiership.

He'll set you back about 1 Million but is well worth it.

Give him a try, You'll see what i mean.