Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pkm files were stored in the C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2005\Temp folder until the last official patch.

They were produced in massive amounts to store data such as goals from other matches aswell as the results of said matches, just in case you ever fancied checking up on them. Theoretically speaking the more pkm files you had, the slower the game would run. You used to be able to delete them easily and safely but SI moved them to a different location with one of the updates and no no-one seems to bother.

.pkm files are stored matches.

Basically, without Extra Detail on it just approximates a result of the match.

With Extra Detail on, you can actually watch the matches, because it actually sims them in the background and saves them to a file. I think it always does this for the league you're currently managing in so if you only have one league running it won't matter if you use extra detail or not, because it'll be on by default, but I'm not sure on that.

So on slower computers it'll take ages to process a league with extra detail on.

Guest LilJoeyPez

I'm so happy. In my second Premiership season with Bournemouth, we're four points clear at the top after eleven games, undefeated at home, and on incredible form. We just slaughtered Newcastle 4-0 in the League Cup at home, then the same in the league away, with Alan Connell scoring hat-tricks in both games. I love life.

GK: Mart Poom

DR: Darren Kenton

DC: Carlos

DC: Calum Davenport

DL: Jack Cannon

DMC: Ronnie Wallwork

MC: Tom Morris

MC: David Fox

AMC: Joseph-Desire Job

FC: Craig Bellamy

FC: Alan Connell

All of these players bar Carlos were Free Transfers. Cripes, I'm good at this game. Here's hoping we can sustain this amazing form.

French League hasn't started yet, I made a couple signings with Monaco:

Daniel Bierofka €525K

Mokoena Lebohang €525K

Frabice Fernandes €2.1M

I still have €10M and I wanna get a new keeper, Roma sucks. I've played 4 friendlies and the opposing team has scored a goal from a free kick in all of them, well it could be my wall, but it's easier to blame the keeper. I'm looking for a young keeper and he has to be a EU national, any suggestions? I don't wanna spend all of my transfer funds right now though, just in case I need it later.

Guest Mr McFarlane

Brought David Noble in for Hull, Costed my only $200k and I have myself a hoss of a young midfielder. We're currently second after about 22 games. Knocked out of the FA Cup and League Cup but in the Semi's of the Vans.

I better win that fucking Vans cup.

Ok question hopefully will be answered.

What is the difference between Football Manager 2005 and Worldwide Soccer Manager 2005.

I saw them both at electronic boutique and was thinking of buying one of them but not sure what is the difference.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Guest Mr McFarlane

What is the difference between Football Manager 2005 and Worldwide Soccer Manager 2005.

I saw them both at electronic boutique and was thinking of buying one of them but not sure what is the difference.

WSM is the NA title. I assume. I'd pick up FM so you can call it FM. :P

Edited by The Kraig

-_-

So......

I started a new game recently with Inter Milan.

They seem to be a decent enough team to play with. High expectations from the board and supporters and very little money to start off with. By signing Cavenaghi (as a replacement for Real Madrid-bound Vieri), I've only made one signing to the current team and have fought my way through a twenty-game unbeaten run now nine points clear at Christmas.

Its not until you actually control a team with the games top-rated players than you actually start to realise how good they are. Similar to when I was playing as Juventus with Ibrahimovich, Adriano is fucking amazing with Inter. In January he won European Striker Of The Year, European Footballer Of The Year, World Player Of The Year AND World Footballer Of The Year - thanking me, the manager on the triumph every time.

:wub:

What is a good team to start with for someone that knows nothing about football and also how do I play in windowed mode.

Also what is the best Data update?

Edited by CKN

To play in Windowed mode your graphics card and monitor need to support resolutions higher than 1080x768 (1152x865 for example). If it can, then turn the resolution up and it should be in Game Options somewhere.

As for a good team to start with, well..Chelsea have most of the best players and almost limitless money. But on the other hand, if you start with Gainsborough, you can't get any worse, so.. :P

Grupo Desportivo Torre de Moncorvo, i took charge as manager wen they entert Portugals 3ed league (well one of them), 4 years later i am pritty near the qualification to enter the first league.

They don´t have much monney, but i got them out of the red numbers wen this season started.

The lack of monney has me stuck with the 2000 seated stadium wich just sucks, luckyly they have a good training ground so i was able to make a lot of the free agents and expiring contract dudes that were willing to come to me. My top star is valued 140.000€ and thanks to the football god has chosen my club to be one of his 2 fafurits so he might stay a while 8-)

anyway, i kinda thought with entering the semi final there should be SOMETHING besides the ticketshare (wich sucks becaus most of my games have been home, i think last season i got more monney of one away cup game than this season with all the suckses and lots of lucky draws...)

Grupo Desportivo Torre de Moncorvo, i took charge as manager wen they entert Portugals 3ed league (well one of them), 4 years later i am pritty near the qualification to enter the first league.

They don´t have much monney, but i got them out of the red numbers wen this season started.

The lack of monney has me stuck with the 2000 seated stadium wich just sucks, luckyly they have a good training ground so i was able to make a lot of the free agents and expiring contract dudes that were willing to come to me. My top star is valued 140.000€ and thanks to the football god has chosen my club to be one of his 2 fafurits so he might stay a while 8-)

anyway, i kinda thought with entering the semi final there should be SOMETHING besides the ticketshare (wich sucks becaus most of my games have been home, i think last season i got more monney of one away cup game than this season with all the suckses and lots of lucky draws...)