Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

just a note. It's always better to pick the largest amount of leagues possible for realism (the most important at least). Of course just how many your computer can afford without the game taking an eternity to load. That is because, the leagues you pick will be better than the ones you don't pick. Example: In the case of the three top leagues, Spain, England and Italy. If you only pick England, England (both the league and the national team) will end up being better than Spain and Italy. And the same applies for the other 2. You will also notice this after a couple seasons when 90% of European awards for players come from the league your playing in.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Red Devil

Thanks Kraig, that helped a lot. I decided to start with Hibs as I like a few of their players and were adament of keeping my top stars. Rejected 750k bid for Riorden even though I only had 55k to spend. Brought in some class cheap players so hopefully I can do well.

his matzatness bringing you quiet the championsleague semi final 2008/2009

you might put podolski on your list of cheap good players i think, he is very famous in germany but he just (real time) promoted to germanys first league with Kolone (Köllen) so he might be pritty cheap, his worth for liverpool at this state of the game is somewhat over 43 million euro.

Edited by Michael Matzat

don´t think so, he was at southhampton a long time ago and sinc than at liverpool

i think i did not get the data update, only the patch

Well the David Thompson being refered to left for Coventry then to Blackburn where he is currenly. Probably a regen then.

Edited by 9 to 5

Guest Thomas Jefferson

I just won a sensational victory over Grays ( Conference South ) in FA Trophy. I'm Gainsborough ( Conference North ), which is probably the weakest team in FM.

At half-time, I was 2-0 down. I made two substitutions, replacing my 17-year oldstriker with my previous season's highest goal scorer, Grant. And replacing my captain, and last years Fans Player of the Year, Jervis, with an AMC.

My formation was 4 - 3 - 1 - 2

Grant gets sent off in the 56th minute and I'm left with Lee Ellington as my sole striker whose finishing is 6 but his long shots are 15.

My prefered AMC, Craig, has been out of form.

And two of my midfielders are two 18 year old kids.

My defender right is making his debut.

Ellington scores in the 60th minute, 61st and the 71st minute. And I go on to win 4-2.

There you go. I just wanted to share it with someone.

In other news, Lyon defeated Bayren Munich in the Champions League Final, 1-0.

Pascal Cygan scored the winning header.

Some strange scores in the League Cup.

Sheffield Wednesday 4 - 0 Arsenal

Manchester United 1 - 5 Crystal Palace

Chelsea 2 - 5 Bolton ( now in Championship )

well yeah i got a Sevilla game goin on, but i'm not having any luck with tactics and getting results so i'm starting a new game in the French League (i'm trying something new) I'm probably gonna start with either Marseille, Auxerre, or Lyon... I got the english and spanish leagues running in the background as well, just in case I wanna move abroad.

Does anyone know what happens if you click "extra detail" at the New Game Screen? I've played with it clicked on and clicked off, and I really haven't noticed a difference, can someone explain this to me?

Having 'extra detail' selected becomes more noticable as the game progresses, especially if you don't bother to delete the .pkm files from time to time.

:blink:

What are these .pkm files you speak of?