Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Grrr...just won promoted to the Premiership with Wigan via the play-offs, and now all my players think they're superstars!

Ellington (who is earing £9,250 per-week) now wants £46,000! Jimmy Bullard, Ian Breckin, Marcus Stewart, Gareth Whalley, Leighton Baines, they all want shit-loads of money! Bastards. Thing is, my assistant manager is telling that they are all players who can easily be replaced, so fuck them, I'll see how we're doing (and each player as well) by December and see who deserves a new contract.

Grrr...just won promoted to the Premiership with Wigan via the play-offs, and now all my players think they're superstars!

Ellington (who is earing £9,250 per-week) now wants £46,000! Jimmy Bullard, Ian Breckin, Marcus Stewart, Gareth Whalley, Leighton Baines, they all want shit-loads of money! Bastards. Thing is, my assistant manager is telling that they are all players who can easily be replaced, so fuck them, I'll see how we're doing (and each player as well) by December and see who deserves a new contract.

Ellington is worth 8million on my game (in 2009) and is in the England squad, great signing for me, keep hold of him at all costs.

Well my board FINALLY decided to give me some money to spend, and I have £12.5m burning a hole in my pocket, and I need some good quality players who would be willing to come to a newly promoted club. I need a goalkeeper, defenders...ok anyone would be good. :D

Guest The Real Deal

Mine is round 2008 - 2009 with none other than Aston Villa. However my current Everton game is going well just started season 2007 - 2008.

Buying the same players over and over again, is boring. I really see no point in starting a new game if you're going to buy the same players once again, sure you'll have a different transfer budget and all but seriously.

Mine is round 2008 - 2009 with none other than Aston Villa. However my current Everton game is going well just started season 2007 - 2008.

Buying the same players over and over again, is boring. I really see no point in starting a new game if you're going to buy the same players once again, sure you'll have a different transfer budget and all but seriously.

My longest game was up to 2015 before I got bored, and I've done a couple others past 2010 as well.

I do occasionally buy players that I know are from previous games, but I'll only sign them if I need them, and have a weakness in that positiom. I won't go out and sign all the future world stars just because I can.

Buying the same players in new careers is as bad as starting new careers.

Once you get bored of your current job, APPLY for a new one. Multiple games ruin everything. That's why I'm better than everybody who has ever posted in this topic.

Edited by Thomas

Guest Thomas Jefferson

Here's a question.

When I was at Gainsborough, I sold four players and got 9K. My transfer budget also said 9k.

Now, at MK Dons, I sold one player for 50K and my transfer budget says 1K.

Why the difference?