Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All of Anderson's skins from sortitoutsi are awesome, I'm using the Elegance one at the moment.

Just finished my first full season in charge of Liverpool (second in the game), won the Premiership and went unbeaten. Got to the UEFA Cup final where I lost 2-1 to Dortmund (last minute of extra time), after losing my best player (Le Tallec) in the 11th minute, and Kewell getting sent off in the 80th.

My team at the start of the third season is;

GK. Kirkland (Eventually Spurs agreed to let me sign Robinson - for 11 million. Fuck off)

DR. Van Den Borre

DL. De Jong

DC. Carragher

DC. Hubschman

MR. Le Tallec

ML. Kewell/Luis Garcia

MC. Gerrard/Blasi

MC. Alonso

FC. Cassano/Kluivert

FC. Cisse

I use Biscan, Richie Partridge, Morientes, Traore, Riise, Warnock etc. quite a bit as well, giving my first team a rest and what not. I usually play reserves in the League Cup and the early stages as well, to get an idea of how good they are.

Oh yeah, we got most of the awards last season as well. Le Tallec won best player and best young player (after getting an overall rating of something like 8.24), Cisse got the Golden Boot (24), and I won Manager of the Year.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Coggins for England.

Hargreaves even managed to get 2, aswell as a Gerrard hat-trick and 1 a piece for Defoe and Stead.

Theres nothing more satisfying than seeing the commentary 'Brazil switch to a defensive strategy', eat shit you south american assholes.

Okay, it was only the confederations cup, but still.

post-38-1118315125_thumb.jpg

post-38-1118315125_thumb.jpg

Congrats for managing to only have one Englishman at FULHAM :P You're now officially WORSE than Chelsea :|

Hey, you try and fashion a team with Englishmen in it when you start off with only one decent English player (well....and Andy Cole, who is old), and 325k in the bank.

My mate is playing FM while I am talking to him on msn and he says this:

Dai: Just suppose I juxtapose with you says:

oh my good lord... i have a youngster regen called Scott Scott

Dai: Just suppose I juxtapose with you says:

and he is scottish *sigh*

I found it quite funny

Haha.

Just sold Xabi Alonso (rated at £19 million) for £45.5 million to Chelsea, and got Pablo Aimar (also rated at £19 million) as well as part exchange.

Anyone got any good reccomendations for a World Class, preferably foreign, about 24ish (third season) that I could buy. I've got a £76 million transfer budget.

Edited by The Rock Box

For that amount of money you can buy practically anyone in the world, I'm sure it can't be that hard to find a world class player. Also, its very hard to recommend players for you to sign in your third season, as the game could of changed a damn lot in that time.

You should take pity on a shit player and sign him to a stupidly high contract for a few years. It'd be like doing your own kind of charity work. That or just keep signing the most expensive player, I'd imagine you could do it at least twice over.

Actually checking FMScout, three times over. :D

And I did pay Boston United £1million to loan one of their players, if that counts as charity work (my U18's needed a right back -_- ).

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

I did a chelsea game for a laugh once, I sold all my players for stupid prices, then I paid £75million for Neville Southall, the fans were disappointed I'd sold all my talent but were happy with me signing a 47 year old Legend. The I quit.