Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

I'm in 2006/7 with Wolves. Took them up in my first season in second place. Went down last season, way too many old players that I couldn't get rid of.

Guarin is signing in Janurary too.

<p>

<table bordercolor="#000000" width="90%" align="center">

<tr bgcolor="#EEEEEE">

<td>Pkd</td>

<td>Position</td>

<td>Inf</td>

<td>Name</td>

<td>Nat</td>

<td>Age</td>

<td>Value</td>

</tr>

<tr bgcolor="#EEEEEE">

<td>GK</td>

<td>GK</td>

<td></td>

<td>Michael Oakes</td>

<td>ENG</td>

<td>32</td>

<td>£350K</td>

</tr>

<tr bgcolor="#EEEEEE">

<td>S1</td>

<td>GK</td>

<td>Loa</td>

<td>Carl Ikeme</td>

<td>ENG</td>

<td>20</td>

<td>£40K</td>

</tr>

<tr bgcolor="#EEEEEE">

<td>S5</td>

<td>D R</td>

<td>Wnt</td>

<td>Patrick Flynn</td>

<td>IRL</td>

<td>21</td>

<td>£75K</td>

</tr>

<tr bgcolor="#EEEEEE">

<td>-</td>

<td>D RC</td>

<td>Inj</td>

<td>Stephane Henchoz</td>

<td>SUI</td>

<td>32</td>

<td>£110K</td>

</tr>

<tr bgcolor="#EEEEEE">

<td>-</td>

<td>D L</td>

<td></td>

<td>Nick Clark</td>

<td>ENG</td>

<td>22</td>

<td>£30K</td>

</tr>

<tr bgcolor="#EEEEEE">

<td>DC</td>

<td>D C</td>

<td></td>

<td>Joleon Lescott</td>

<td>ENG</td>

<td>24</td>

<td>£800K</td>

</tr>

<tr bgcolor="#EEEEEE">

<td>DC</td>

<td>D/DM RC</td>

<td></td>

<td>Olivier Tébily</td>

<td>CIV</td>

<td>30</td>

<td>£450K</td>

</tr>

<tr bgcolor="#EEEEEE">

<td>DR</td>

<td>D/DM RC</td>

<td>PR</td>

<td>Abubakari Yakubu</td>

<td>GHA</td>

<td>24</td>

<td>£1.1M</td>

</tr>

<tr bgcolor="#EEEEEE">

<td>DL</td>

<td>D/DM L</td>

<td></td>

<td>Lee Naylor</td>

<td>ENG</td>

<td>26</td>

<td>£375K</td>

</tr>

<tr bgcolor="#EEEEEE">

<td>-</td>

<td>DM C</td>

<td>Lmp</td>

<td>Paul Ince</td>

<td>ENG</td>

<td>38</td>

<td>£4K</td>

</tr>

<tr bgcolor="#EEEEEE">

<td>MC</td>

<td>DM C</td>

<td>Unh</td>

<td>Seyi Olofinjana</td>

<td>NGA</td>

<td>26</td>

<td>£1.8M</td>

</tr>

<tr bgcolor="#EEEEEE">

<td>-</td>

<td>M L</td>

<td>Inj</td>

<td>Chris Cornes</td>

<td>ENG</td>

<td>19</td>

<td>£40K</td>

</tr>

<tr bgcolor="#EEEEEE">

<td>MC</td>

<td>AM RC</td>

<td></td>

<td>Colin Cameron</td>

<td>SCO</td>

<td>33</td>

<td>£100K</td>

</tr>

<tr bgcolor="#EEEEEE">

<td>S3</td>

<td>AM L</td>

<td></td>

<td>Mark Kennedy</td>

<td>IRL</td>

<td>30</td>

<td>£180K</td>

</tr>

<tr bgcolor="#EEEEEE">

<td>MR</td>

<td>AM L</td>

<td>Req</td>

<td>José Manuel Dominguez</td>

<td>POR</td>

<td>32</td>

<td>£45K</td>

</tr>

<tr bgcolor="#EEEEEE">

<td>-</td>

<td>AM LC</td>

<td>Wnt</td>

<td>Kevin Cooper</td>

<td>ENG</td>

<td>31</td>

<td>£30K</td>

</tr>

<tr bgcolor="#EEEEEE">

<td>S2</td>

<td>AM C</td>

<td></td>

<td>Silas</td>

<td>POR</td>

<td>30</td>

<td>£150K</td>

</tr>

<tr bgcolor="#EEEEEE">

<td>-</td>

<td>AM C</td>

<td>Inj</td>

<td>Gerard</td>

<td>ESP</td>

<td>27</td>

<td>£2M</td>

</tr>

<tr bgcolor="#EEEEEE">

<td>ML</td>

<td>AM/F LC</td>

<td></td>

<td>Seol Ki-Hyeon</td>

<td>KOR</td>

<td>27</td>

<td>£3M</td>

</tr>

<tr bgcolor="#EEEEEE">

<td>FC</td>

<td>F RC</td>

<td></td>

<td>Henri Camara</td>

<td>SEN</td>

<td>29</td>

<td>£900K</td>

</tr>

<tr bgcolor="#EEEEEE">

<td>S4</td>

<td>S C</td>

<td></td>

<td>Kenny Miller</td>

<td>SCO</td>

<td>26</td>

<td>£2M</td>

</tr>

<tr bgcolor="#EEEEEE">

<td>-</td>

<td>S C</td>

<td></td>

<td>Kyle Wilson</td>

<td>ENG</td>

<td>20</td>

<td>£110K</td>

</tr>

<tr bgcolor="#EEEEEE">

<td>-</td>

<td>S C</td>

<td></td>

<td>Andy Spencer</td>

<td>WAL</td>

<td>20</td>

<td>£40K</td>

</tr>

<tr bgcolor="#EEEEEE">

<td>-</td>

<td>S C</td>

<td>Inj</td>

<td>Kenny Cooper</td>

<td>USA</td>

<td>21</td>

<td>£220K</td>

</tr>

<tr bgcolor="#EEEEEE">

<td>FC</td>

<td>S C</td>

<td>Unh</td>

<td>Nathan Ellington</td>

<td>ENG</td>

<td>25</td>

<td>£3.1M</td>

</tr>

<tr bgcolor="#EEEEEE">

<td></td>

<td></td>

<td></td>

<td></td>

<td></td>

<td></td>

<td></td>

</tr>

</table>

Edited by Dan

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm real glad that FM 2005 doesn't have player suicide as a feature, because if it did, Nuno Valente would probably fall victim to it. 2007 UEFA Cup final, Porto vs. Sevilla. Porto went a man down in the 10th minute and a goal down in the 76th. Managed to get the leveler in the 79th and made it through 29 minutes of extra time without any goals conceded. Last kick of the game is a free kick for Sevilla just outside of the 18 yard box and Valente gets a head to it in an attempt to clear it, but it tucks in the far corner just under the bar and Porto take a crushing defeat on a 120th minute own goal.

Oh, if anyone doesn't mind exploiting flaws in the match engine I found a guaranteed way to score from corners fairly often.

Have all your players that you have forward either on the near post, far post or challenging the keeper excpe toyur best long shooter. Have him (Guarin for me) set to hover outside the area (or whatever it is). Have your corners taken to him, as he will never be marked, and if he's good at long shots he should get you a damn lot of goals from it.

I have the opposite, I can only really play with small clubs. I was Orient and I took them up to the second division with a good future all set up for them. Crewe came in and offered me the job as manager, since Gradi retired, and I took it. They had 10 million to spend and 60k under wage budget and all they want me to do is steer clear of relegation and I cant handle having that much money.

Its damn annoying.

I still see it as a challenge to spend the money wisely.....I never buy anyone over about 5 or 6 million unless I know it's a good player who can play for me for a long period or time.

My main challenge that I set myself with a team like Arsenal is to bring through the youngsters in the squad (Bentley, Pennant, Clichy, Senderos, Fabregas, etc.) and make then first-team worthy. I also have a secondary challenge that as I play, I'm always on the look out for English talent before foreign talent, so that as the years roll on, more and more English faces start to emerge in the team, and in the England team because of my efforts.

I decided to take over at Man Utd at the start of a new season, as in my game they've fallen a long way from the pace set by Chelsea and Arsenal - given that Keane, Giggs, Scholes and Gary Neville are getting on a bit and the only players Ferguson seemed to have signed were strikers. I'm bringing in David Pizzaro to take Keane's CM spot. I'm top at the moment, but it's pretty tight.

Starting playing John O'Shea as a CM for a bit of a laugh - and he's actually amazing. In 6 games in midfield he's scored two goals, both from mazy runs, and does a really good job of cutting out other people's play and allowing Scholes to get forward.

I love it when that happens.

I started playing Clichy as an attacking left winger because Pires and Ljungberg were both injured and I had no other alternatives. Thought he could fill a gap but it turned out he was amazing... Awesome runs, fantastic crosses, numerous goals.

It's awesome when experiments work out. It's kinda like The Waterboy...only less Adam Sandler

Edited by TheArsenal

My main challenge that I set myself with a team like Arsenal is to bring through the youngsters in the squad (Bentley, Pennant, Clichy, Senderos, Fabregas, etc.) and make then first-team worthy. I also have a secondary challenge that as I play, I'm always on the look out for English talent before foreign talent, so that as the years roll on, more and more English faces start to emerge in the team, and in the England team because of my efforts.

I always try to go English as well, but mainly when looking for youth players. When I need an established player I'll normally go foreign, as a foreign player will nearly always be cheaper than an English player of the same quality. Only four of my current starting XI are english though, but for the last England game six of my players gor called up to the England squad.

Guest Thomas Jefferson

Went ip to 13th and dropped to 15th with Gainsborough in Conference North. 5 matches unbeaten, 3 won, 2 drawn. Out of 19 players in first team sqaud, 13 are superb, 3 very poor, the rest good or oka

I have some questions.

1.If I position players according to what I think is best in tactics area, can I tell them to go forward or move sideways, like, can I draw arrows or something?

2. How do I change the type of media comments released.

Oh, on EWB, some diaries like Supergrass's and TheReilDeiL's had created footballers. How can I create my opwn footballers? Is there an editor or patch?

Went ip to 13th and dropped to 15th with Gainsborough in Conference North. 5 matches unbeaten, 3 won, 2 drawn. Out of 19 players in first team sqaud, 13 are superb, 3 very poor, the rest good or oka

I have some questions.

1.If I position players according to what I think is best in tactics area, can I tell them to go forward or move sideways, like, can I draw arrows or something?

2. How do I change the type of media comments released.

Oh, on EWB, some diaries like Supergrass's and TheReilDeiL's had created footballers. How can I create my opwn footballers? Is there an editor or patch?

Quick question about network games;:

I'm playing the game with a friend on his home computer, but can I play the same game with him on his work computer? I mean without having to add a new manager.

Well, my Chelsea game just finished it's first season. And I won the League Cup and the Premiership. Lost the CL final to AC Milan. Not too bad.

And Uncle Roman has just given me 160 m as next season's transfer budget. Adriano will be arriving soon then.