Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The best duo I've had up front was Torres and Ronaldo whilst playing at Chelsea. They were backed up by Drogba (who kept netting 15+ goals a season despite playing off the bench), Beattie (Used as a bit of extra muscle in Euro & Cup games) and Filippe Oliveira sp? (Who I brought up through the youth and reserves).

The striker I've signed that was best value for money is in my current game as Notts Forest, Henri Camara who netted 39 goals in all competitions.

Ibrahimovich

Trezeguet

Cassano

Ryan Babel

Del Piero

Zlatan and Trezeguet were my first choice and the other three were rotation with Babel usually playing the part of the wonder-sub. Now with United, I'm building up my strike-force with both Freddy Adu and Mokena realistically coming through the ranks to challenge the partnership of Ruud and Rooney with Smith getting the odd game or two.

Sylvian Ebanks-Blake - Ex Man U

Lee Barnard - Ex Spurs

Jason Kennedy - Ex Middlesbourgh

Shane Oakley - Orient Youth team

When I was managing Orient before I moved on to Crewe, these guys were fantastic. They pretty much got me promoted to division 2 by themselves.

Finally got Sheffield Wednesday into Europe, started managing them half way through 2005/06 season, got them to the Play Offs and into Championship, in our first season managed to get them into the Play Offs again and into the Premiership, first season in the Premiership, managed to finish 7th with them, last season gone we finished 6th and got into Europe. With that, I thought I'd design us some new kits for the new season, here they are, I kinda like em:

swhome.gif

Shef Wed Home 09/10

swaway.gif

Shef Wed Away 09/10

swthird.gif

Shef Wed 3rd Choice 09/10

for the first time ever in this game i am getting soemwere, yay, i managed to finish one season with a club that just went up from legue 4 in portugal without go down again and now in the new season after 12 days i am even in reach of the first place (while still, everyone tells me that i can be happy if i don´t go down this season)

On the subject of strikers, does anyone know who the single best striker in the game would be by 2010? I'm thinking of replacing the aging Van Nistelrooy whose form has taken a recent dive and I'm thinking of spending big, big money.

I'm looking for someone who'll still be realitively young by this stage in the game but will be able to walk right into the first team. They also need to be able to fill the role of an out-and-out striker and remain consistant in they're performances. My transfer budget will likely be in the excess of £40 Million (I already have £25M in the bank and several players worth selling).

Any ideas?

for the first time ever in this game i am getting soemwere, yay, i managed to finish one season with a club that just went up from legue 4 in portugal without go down again and now in the new season after 12 days i am even in reach of the first place (while still, everyone tells me that i can be happy if i don´t go down this season)

In other news, David Pizarro is the shit. He's really, really good as a holding CM - and his long shots are great as well.

I signed him in Pro Evo, believing him to be fake, then found him in FM and he seemed decent. Unfortunately, he doesn't seem to see Finalnd as an exciting place of employment :P I've been applying to every vacant job in a non-crap country for a while now :P Annoyingly, they don't seem to bother telling me when I've been shunted (Fulham told me that I'd been unsuccessful, but clubs where you have a chance but they pick someone else instead never tell you they've picked someone else :()

I've done the double in Finland, but my rep is still Obscure. Does anyone know if having done the double will matter at all? Or am I considered just as good/bad as every other "Obscure" manager? (I know, being in Finland, the double wouldn't have helped much, since it means fuck all to anyone, but...).

Might have to win another double before people notice me :shifty:

The thing is, there are only two teams that can touch me in the league (there are another two that might beat me once a season, but they're not even close to the title race), FC Haka and MyPa (HJK turned to shit midway through last season and were lucky to get fourth), but by the time the CL third qualifying round comes along, we're being outplayed. :(

I'm well within my budget, so money isn't a problem, but nobody that's good enough to move us forward on a European scale is interested... It's one of those jobs where CL Group Stage qualifcation would be like winning the world cup, and we'd be set for life financially, but that bastard third qualifying round (where we can meet teams from England, Germany or France for the first time) is a bitch.

On the subject of strikers, does anyone know who the single best striker in the game would be by 2010? I'm thinking of replacing the aging Van Nistelrooy whose form has taken a recent dive and I'm thinking of spending big, big money.

I'm looking for someone who'll still be realitively young by this stage in the game but will be able to walk right into the first team. They also need to be able to fill the role of an out-and-out striker and remain consistant in they're performances. My transfer budget will likely be in the excess of £40 Million (I already have £25M in the bank and several players worth selling).

Any ideas?

I've already got Mokoena, he and Freddy Adu are both kind of coming through the ranks at the minute. I didn't want to buy them for practically nothing at the start of the game and mould them into immediate superstars so I waited for other clubs to pick them up and help they're development before selling them off for a few million. Whereas it's more realistic that way, the player's don't seem to turn out as good and both Mokoena (who's just an FC in my game, not AM/FC) and Adu are quite some way off a first team spot.

Zidan on the otherhand might be a good idea. I'll have to check out his stats as I want someone who'll walk right into the first team. Last time I checked he was loaned out from Real Madrid.

EDIT: Checked out Zidan, too old (28) and not hardly setting the world alight for the relegated Fulham. I did have a good deal organised for Cavenaghi, a structured deal worth £9.5M with his value at £13M. Inter accepted so it came down to contract negociations which is where I found that similar to real-life, the Man Utd board are a bunch of assholes. Cavenaghi wants a reasonable £25,000 a week but the assistant manager (who's a tit) says he would'nt be a good signing, therefore only abling me to offer £15,000 a week. Cavenaghi refuses my offer as expected and joins Sampdoria who are close to relegation...I fucking hate the board.

Edited by public enemy