Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hard to say, since CM5 has been delayed until next year and there is no sign of a demo. However, I'd say that FM will kick it's ass anyway (as it is the actual sequel to CM 03/04 as opposed to a whole new game) and would recommend you go for that. Maybe try the FM demo first to see what you think:

http://www.sigames.com

FM - Made by clever people.

CM - Made by not so clever people.

CM is a name that will attract people, fortunately i've told a few people in my year not to get it, who told their friends, who told their friends. Yet no one believes that it was me who told the first person :(.

I also got it today :) I'll play it when i get home. I'll probably run my usual "get Gravesend and Northfleet to Premiership" game :)

to IAceI: Noone ever does. It's sad isn't it? :P

to dragon27: FM is the actual new "version" of CM. Eidos Interactive and Sigames split up, so one got the Name, and the other got the Game (not Triple H <_< ).

If you're not very familiar with the sport shouldn't you play one of those managerial games not very into depth but with all those neat (useless) features like changing jerseys and stuff? I'm just saying this cause usually people who don't know much don't have the patience to play a game as cm and eventually end up asking me about easier games. Simple games... Those you finish a season in an afternoon :)

Edited by Malenko

Drag-proofed?

Is FM better than CM? Which is better for people like me who are useless with football but like playing the games anyway?

I did the inexcusable your/you're error.

My copy has arrived from Play.com this morning :thumbsup:

Edited by King Ellis

to dragon27: FM is the actual new "version" of CM. Eidos Interactive and Sigames split up, so one got the Name, and the other got the Game (not Triple H  <_< ).

If you're not very familiar with the sport shouldn't you play one of those managerial games not very into depth but with all those neat (useless) features like changing jerseys and stuff? I'm just saying this cause usually people who don't know much don't have the patience to play a game as cm and eventually end up asking me about easier games. Simple games... Those you finish a season in an afternoon :)

to dragon27: FM is the actual new "version" of CM. Eidos Interactive and Sigames split up, so one got the Name, and the other got the Game (not Triple H  <_< ).

You misunderstand, I played CM 3 to death, and had a bash at CM4 before I got rid of the only PC I had that was capable of running it. It's not that I'm not familair with football, it's just that I'm never any good at it. So if the tactics are super super detailed, I need help setting them up. I'm not too bad at selecting the right personnel for the right role, but I'm not the greatest tactician ever. In other words, I enjoy manager games, and have played them before, I'm just not too great at them. What I need to know really is which is more in-depth when it comes to tactics and the like.

Drag-proofed?

Is FM better than CM? Which is better for people like me who are useless with football but like playing the games anyway?

I did the inexcusable your/you're error.

My copy has arrived from Play.com this morning :thumbsup:

You've never needed to be any good to win everything on CM.

I swear I'm the best in the world, I'm the only person I know who doesn't play multiple careers, find out who the best players are going to be, and sign them before they become really expensive.

I'm the best.

Edited by IAceI

Jonny, is your computer compatible with 1024x768 resolution? That's the only reason I can think of for a crash... providing you have the right specs of course.

I got the game today, t'is awesome so far. Started with Gainsborough Trinitiy in the Conference North. Drawn 1, Lost 2 in the league so far.

Anyway, anyone fancy an EWB network game sometime?