Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Premiership photos couldn't be added for licensing reasons (EA have the exclusive licence, shame the fucked it up), So you'll need to either find them yourself, or I'm sure there's a pack somewhere on the SIGames forum.

Edit: Note to self, refresh page after coming back from dinner :shifty:

Edited by TheReilDeal

Couple of questions/problems I was hoping you guys may be able to help with.

1) Rio Ferdinand's fitness rating seems to have vanished.

2) I never got a Goal Of The Month award for September, yet October's award had a goal from the 25th September.

3) In the first two months I was never told about senior international call-ups. I have just been informed but this is for friendly matches. So my thought is that you don't get told for competitive matches because you don't have a choice how long they play or whatever, but you do with friendlies.

4) I managed to play Guiseppe Rossi in the Champions League when he wasn't registered.

5) The initial loading screen (straight after you click the icon to start the game) takes a long time (2 mins approx.) to disappear and for the game to actually load. Once it's loaded I have no problems with speed though.

Yeah, so not huge problems but help would be appreciated all the same.

3) In the first two months I was never told about senior international call-ups. I have just been informed but this is for friendly matches. So my thought is that you don't get told for competitive matches because you don't have a choice how long they play or whatever, but you do with friendlies.

I 'obtained' it, played two friendlies, uninstalled it.

Way too many 03/04 flashbacks.

Urgh.

I don't know how anyone can say this is bad. It's the best football management game ever. And yes, of COURSE there are similarites to 03/04, IT'S THE SAME GOD DAMN SERIES. What did you expect, a completely new game?

Anyway, so far as Chelsea manager I have experienced:

Delight: Beating Arsenal 5-3 at Highbury

Despair: Losing to FC Copenhagen twice in the Champ. League

Relief: Grabbing a last minute equaliser against Barcelona in the Champ. League

Friendliness: Nice words being said about me by Kev Keegan and Gary Megson

Obnoxiousness: Santini and Benitez saying I won't win the Premiership.

'In your face'ness: I then beat Spurs 5-0, and Liverpool 2-1 after those comments.

Anger: When Arjen Robben kept shooting and missing in a 0-0 draw with Birmingham.

The only thing I haven't experienced yet is success :P.

I 'obtained' it, played two friendlies, uninstalled it.

Way too many 03/04 flashbacks.

Urgh.

I still haven't got the game, but surely having flashbacks to one of the greatest manager games ever created cannot be bad can it? In my opinion, 03/04 was the best CM, so if I get flashbacks to that I'll be happy!

Guest Dakendo

Can anyone recommend any good lower division players? I'm leeds, and I have a very tight budget. I've snapped up Rickie Lambert from Stockport County (:wub:, local team), and I'll cash in on some needless players to raise funds. Anybody you reckon I should pick up.

The game's been awesome so far. Bad thing is, I destroy Barnsley, then lose 3-0 to fricking Crewe. Damn you Julian Joachim, score dammit!

EDIT: Anybody got an alternative link for the Premiership pictures, as one of the links is down and I can't seem to get my head around the forums at the SIGames site.

Edited by Dakendo

Guest y2gudge

I second MM's "I haven't got it yet" but it's worse with me, it's in my house but I stupidly asked my mum to hide it from me until I finish my assignments...well only 3700 words left! :crying:

*y2gudge*

Thought we might as well make an OFFICIAL thread now.

I started a game with Fulham and the game is so much more addictive having a challenge. I am probably not going to be Arsenal again, as matches are usually boring as once I have scored 2 goals I have won and the matches have no excitment, this Fulham game is the opposite. I can't score to save my life :angry: Well, except Andy Cole who has scored 6 premiership goals so far and I am about 9 games in and currently in 16th. Just had a losing streak of 4 games but beat Norwich 3-0 away from home and the morale of players boosted and you could se eit in the match. This game is SO realistic, I love it!!