Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

It's hardly the biggest challenge but I had to start my first game as Arsenal. Still unbeaten in all competitions after 10 or so games in the league. The new format took a little getting used to but I'm really enjoying it now.

True to Arsenal's form my youngsters are impressing in the League Cup too. Good times.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Robert. Pires. Is. Awesome.

Just signed him after he won World Footballer of the year award and announced he would leave Arsenal on a bosman in 2006. So I snapped him up for 8 Mill and he scores on his debut in the league against Everton in a resounding 3-1 win.

But my point is, Giggs who played there all of last season barely scored and had a shite average rating. Yet Pires walks in and bags a 10 and an 8 staright away. Awesome.

I also signed Gareth Barry for 11 million from Villa.

My Palace team are really having problems scoring. Andy Johnson just isn't performaing whatsoever and my top scorers are Dean Richards and Dougie Freedman with 1! I'm trying out Torghelle in the line-up and I'm gonna give both Neil Shipperly and Alessio Cerci a go see if they can score. My team isn't actually playing badly, they just can't bloody score!

Guest Red Devil

Anyone else having trouble winning away from home. I can't seem to beat anyone away. I can beat most teams at home, well at least have a good match but as soon as the away matches happen i lose to the likes of Fulham 2 or 3 nil and get thrashed by the big guns 5-6 nil. Anyone else having this problem and any tips to win away?

Diego, whenever I play away from home I tend to make sure my mentality is set to normal (or defensive if i'm really gonna be up against it) and I put the team on tight marking, pressing pretty high up the pitch and playing with a quick tempo.

Also, if you're gonna play defensively you might wanna try counter attack combined with a fast tempo and also give a couple of 'flair' players (i.e. Pires, Ronaldo etc.) alot of Creative Freedom. That way they end up making chances on their own.

I rarely lose away anymore, although I am Man Utd but still, I beat the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Newcastle away.

I just reached the end of 2004 and my Arsenal side swept the awards.

World Player of the Year - Thierry Henry

World Footballer of the Year - Thierry Henry

European Footballer of the Year - Theirry Henry

European Defender of the Year - Sol Campbell

European Midfielder of the Year - Patrick Vieira

European Striker of the Year - Thierry Henry

The only one I didn't win was European Goalkeeper of the Year. Damn Jens Lehmann!

Guest Red Devil

Whisper, i'll give that a go. I wanna play the same way home and away so it gives me some continuity but i'll see how that goes. As Spurs i've built a solid team adn i'm doing quite well after the initial "gelling" period and haven't lose for a few games now. Hopefully it keeps up.

Also for the training, it's really hard to create your own so i usually download one and use that and concentrate on Tactics/team selection and stuff.

As I'm against splasing out 30 quid without knowing, is this worth the money, or should I just download an updated patch for this season? I've heard there a few neat little features, but is it worth it with a perfectly acceptable game already on my hard drive?