Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

Guest Dakendo

Update for no reason~!: Just beat Stoke at their place 2-0, so I have clinched the record, 8 games unbeaten to start the season. Radebe scored AGAIN and Pugh netted one, so goals aren't our problem at the moment. Anybody know of any good players I can snag on the cheap, keeping in mind I have a small budget of 160K.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

After getting a 1-1 draw with Inter at home I assumed the 2nd leg away would be harder, especially without Henry, Reyes and my first choice 'keeper Dida (who has been average the whole season, but getting a couple of 8's in recent weeks).

So off to San Siro I went, with Lehmann in goal and a slightly unexperienced strike force of Jeremie Aliadiere and Robin Van Persie, but to cut a long boring story short I whooped ass in a 5-2 victory.

35 year old Lehmann played the game of his career, next day the media say he's past it and should retire to avoid future embarrasment, pain in the ass not being able to directly reply though, I praised the shit into him anyway.

I'm sick of foreign signings getting home sick too, a whole season of whining? sort it out.

To the final I go, against Milan, do I take Lehmann due to his brilliant CL performances, or do go with the arrogance inside me and take Dida because its Milan?

It seems like every young (and sometimes older) foreign player I buy gets homesick within 3 to 4 weeks. I sent a bunch of scouts out to Italy and Scandinavia, bought a load of promising players (so everyone has at least 2 other people who speak their language), all play brilliantly for 4, 5 games or so, but then all tell me that they can't settle.

:(

The only person I've had claimed to be homesick was Paulo Ferreira...gave him leave to go back to Portugal for a month, and when he got back he no longer had a problem. Presumably because he smuggled half of the country with him through customs.

In what seems a very typical Chelsea-like problem to be having, I'm regularly getting people complaining about not being the first team enough, if at all, and I've already had to sell Gallas, Ferreira, Mutu, and Smertin because of it. Now I just have Huth, Carlton Cole and Forssell complaining...and, most ludicrously of all, an 18 year old Right Back in the reserves named Ed Brand. Never heard of the kid in my life, but suddenly I get messages saying he thinks that he wants to be guaranteed regular first team football. What's more amusing is that the message began, "Ed Brand has never been the most patient of individuals at Chelsea..."

So I granted his wish and gave him first team football. At Wigan.

I let Dida play my last premiership match of the season and he got an 8, that was enough excuse to rub him in Milans face for the CL final. Well it worked out for the good, the match finished 0-0 after extra time and Dida saved a penalty for the win, he was even slightly injured (which seems to be a hobby of his).

Hall of Fame! Hall of Fame.

EDIT: The bastard, he's announced he's leaving on a bosman at the end of the season! how/can I stop this? £6.5million down the fucking shitter. bwahahahaha *cries*

Edited by muddatrucker

Got him at the start of the 1st season, he had a 2 year contract, now he's decided to leave after his final year, hopefully I can convince him to stay. I am his favoured personnel after all!

Guest Red Devil

Everyone says you can't buy the title so i thought i might as well try to prove them wrong. I've started as Chelski and splashed the cash like there's no tomorrow. Instead of buying 2 Big names i bought 5 awesome players including Van Der Vaart, Baptiste and Kompany. I'm 2nd in the league with only one loss, away to Liverpool. Already beaten Arsenal 2 - 0 at home and i'm 2nd in the CL Table just behind Barce who i drew against.

I hope i get some more money so i can buy more in January, my strike force is crap and only new signing Robinho is scoring. I need more of Romans Billions!

First season with Everton. Half way in (19 games) and w13 d5 l1, I'm still too good at this.

I love the homesick thing though, stops people finding out who all the future greats will be and buying them for a bag of sugar and a work permit from Brazil.

Christmas period looking tricky since I have such a small squad and no money. I set the team out to be hard to beat though, so hopefully I can keep drawing.

Woo?

Off to sortitoutsi.

I hope i get some more money so i can buy more in January, my strike force is crap and only new signing Robinho is scoring. I need more of Romans Billions!

...What have you possibly done to Drogba, Gudjohnson, Mutu and Kezman to neuter them so? The fact that I'm asking this after having played a 'Bayern Lerverkusen 0 - 4 Didier Drogba' match only adds to my confusion.

And they're not going to be giving you any more money you know. :shifty:

I got sick of Dida, as soon as I noticed his value had increased to over £9,000,000 I thought, fuck it, I'm cutting this son' bitch loose, Chelsea paid £9,300,000 and bam he's theres (so much for being homesick, unless of course he didn't know Chelsea is in London).

My board came back to me after winning the premiership and CL and gave me £4,100,000, what the fuck? they increased it by £26,000,000 a few days later :D

I was going after Hildebrand, but when Bayern offered £22,000,000 I thought, fuck it, you have him. Eventually I stole Jan Lastuvka from Shaktar and he seems to be settling in much better.

Oh, and I bought Wright-Phillips too, best £21,000,000 ever spent :shifty:

Cesare Bovo is a great free signing too, I stole him away from Parma and he's quite talented, he can speak Basic English already too, unlike those ignorant, lazy brazillians.

I won the Premiership on my first season with United, buying Kompany and Diego in January. Kompany was great value for only £5.25million. At the end of the season, all of my ten outfield players were on 5* according to the team report, including non-starters like Smith, Diego, Fletcher and Heinze, so I decided to strengthen my only weak area in the goalkeeper, and brought Frey for a third of my £30mil transfer budget. I don't think I'll be buying any more players this season, and I'll see how it goes.

Edited by Jonny D

I'm in my 5th season, as Leicester.

Started well, missing out on the playoffs by a point, in my first season. The second season, I lost in the playoff semi final.. in the 93rd minute, with an own goal. I was so gutted. Third season, I finished second, behind Southampton, and finally got into the premiership.

And what a season I had. Kluivert was willing to join me, and he was the second highest goal scorer that season. I finished 10th, amazing for me, I thought. Eyal Berkovich was a star, asbolsutely amazing, for 4-5 seasons, then he retired, and became a coach. And Sunday Oliseh won English footballer of the year, in my Premiership season.

I was on cloud nine.

I needed to strengthen the team, so, I brought in some good players. Beattie, Tim Borowski and Micheal Carrick, to name a few. And I couldn't have wished for a worse start.. my first few league games.. Liverpool, Chelsea, Newcastle, Manchester United, and Arsenal. Obviously, I barely got a point, beat Arsenal 3 - 2, and drawn a couple of others. I sit 16th, with a big lack of form. It's.. horrible.

Guest Red Devil

...What have you possibly done to Drogba, Gudjohnson, Mutu and Kezman to neuter them so? The fact that I'm asking this after having played a 'Bayern Lerverkusen 0 - 4 Didier Drogba' match only adds to my confusion.

And they're not going to be giving you any more money you know. :shifty:

At the moment my Fulham game is quite fun, I finished the first season in 10th as I said earlier on.

I am doing well this season and finally Milan Baros is scoring, however in this one particular match he was on a 6. It was 0-0 with 10 minutes to go, so I brought on Collins John, here is the result:

gtht.jpg

It was awesome and John booked himself in the first team for a couple of matches until he got an injury :(

I am currently 5th after 6 games, and undefeated.

Also, Luis Boa Morte is doing fantastic at Newcastle, 3 goals in 6 games with 2 assists. Worth the money for them I suppose