Thomas

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Red Devil

I'm not 100% certain Marsh but i've heard that pre-season training is vital for players so give them a load of cross country running and they should have enough stamina to last the season. Also try resting them for a game or two and that might help.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

I usually don't bother with training, its just something that I've never really wanted to do ever since CM had the option to pass the buck to your head coach.

Lots of managers aren't directly involved with coaching anyway, so its technically not cheating, I just hope my assistant isn't shit, thats all.

This game NEEDS levels. It's too fooking easy :(

Some newbie can pick it up and do well, so for the people who actually know something about football, and take time to formulate plans and don't rush-buy, it takes away the fun.

I'd tell them if I wasn't so sure they wouldn't give a fuck.

:(

Just lost to Chelsea in the FA Cup Quarterfinal under the worst circumstances ever. The match happened a week prior and I was all over them at home, only picking up the one goal though. 88th minute and Mutu picks up an equaliser to end the game all square. So a rematch is prepared the following week...Not just any week, Internationals Week. Chelsea had the choice of a full team bar one or two whereas I only had two first team players available. Needless to say, Scholes, Ronaldo, Kleberson and the United Reserves lost 3-1...

All I know about Co-ownership is that it's only allowed in the Italian league, and you can't do it if the player has less than a year left on their contract. Apparently the rules of such a bid will come up if you make one yourself, but I haven't played in the Italian league myself.

I'm starting my 7th season as Leicester. And by god, what a giant step I've taken. I talked about the 5th and previous seasons early.

In that season, I managed to win the FA Cup, and finish 6th. Which was good for me. I was into Europe, and had secured a great finish. In my 6th season, I didn't win any trophy.. which was bad, Manchester United knocked me out of Europe, and, I finished 5th, which was nice. I have, in my opinion, strenghtned the squad, amazingly. And I'm something like 12-1 to win the title, in only my third season at Leicester.

Anyone had a comment on/from a rival manager that just kept going back and forth? Mark Hughes and I just praised each other back and forth eight times in a row, each replying to the other's previous statement.

It's like our own personal conversation via the backsheets of the Guardian...

Yeah, I get bored and just stop replying though, its so easy to increase your media ability its stupid, although I get it to 20 and then when Mourinho says he'll beat me and I beat him, its always nice to say I tactically outclassed him.

Its hilarious how most of your team will say you've acted unprofessionally, but the likes of Robin Van Persie and other tempermental players praise you for your bluntness.

I've got some players' personalities down already because of that. Lampard and Makelele love it when I talk tough, because they are similar guys apparently. Kezman, Drogba, Joe Cole and Terry respond well to adversity, wanting to prove rival managers wrong when they say I can't win. Similarly Seedorf, Mutu, Scott Parker and Lampard (again) respond well when I say we're going to win - because they 'are pleased the manager has confidence in them and look forward to rewarding his faith on the pitch'.

Petr Cech, meanwhile, responds to any sounds of confidence with 'agrees that winning this/beating them will be really really easy'.

Complaisant git.

<_<

Van Persie's personality can be funny, but fuck, asking for his £6,000 a week contract to be increased to £55,000 a week but with the exact same terms and expiry date? fuckin' hell, you cheeky bastard.

I have a terrible experience with goalkeepers, first Dida, now Lastuvka, fuck him 36 year old Lehmann is back in the mix, got Stekelenburg coming in January though, at least he can already speak english.