Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

Goalkeepers annoy me.

Ian Walker left me for Spurs, the bastard. So I was using Guatelli, whom I picked up cheaply. He couldn't handle the pressure, so Scott Shearer had his chance, he's shite. So, Guatelli had to stay as #1 until I got promoted.

Then Tim Howard came on a free, that was a mistake. He had no form, and conceded too many, luckily, I had a feeling he'd be shit, and also picked up Robert Green, who remains my #1, being rotaed with Sorenson.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I seem to have been on it non-stop since I bought it a few fridays away, just approaching the 4th season with Villa.

Has anybody else discovered John Absalonsen yet?  He's quality.  A versatile left winger/striker, who creates chances aswell as scoring them himself.

I was offered a video of him, where he played well. My scouts said he's not good enough to be signed by Everton.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

GK: Lehmann (Stekelenburg in Jan)

DR: Nigel De Jong

DL: Ashley Cole/ Gael Clichy

DC: Sol Campbell

DC: Kolo Toure/ Cesare Bovo

MC: Patrick Vieira

MC: Gilberto/Cesc Fabregas

AMR: Ljungberg/Shaun Wright-Phillips

AML: Robert Pires/Jose Antonio Reyes

FC: Thierry Henry/Robin Van Persie

FC: Dennis Bergkamp/Jeremie Aliadiere

Blew £20million on Wright-Phillips, so I haven't made any big transfer changes as of yet, may get in a new striker once Bergkamp has retired, probably need a new sub-keeper too, and some replacements for Campbell and Pires.

GK: Sorensen

DR: Delaney/Vanden Borre

DL: Samuel

DC: Ridgewell/Laursen

DC: Mellberg ©

MR: Solano

ML: Whittingham/Barry

MC: Hendrie

MC: Hitzlsberger

FC: Cole

FC: Angel

As you can see, I haven't made hardly any changes. Any advice on a good player to play with Angel once Cole goes back is apprieciated.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

He's yet to do anything influencial so far, although he scored his first goal at Man City, but with Ljungberg still on form its hard to start him (he manages to get subbed on every game anyway, works the other way too), I don't really want to get shut of Pennant either, but no-one seems to want him anyway.

GK: Robinson

DR: Pamarot

DC: Naybet/Davenport

DC: King

MR: Davies

ML: Atouba

MC: Parker/Mendes

MC: Van Bommel/Carrick

SC: Keane

SC: Defoe

I also signed Portillo from Madrid for £6m but he hasn't settled in all too well so he usually just come of the bench. Apart from that the squad is pretty much the same.

GK. Kirkland/Dudek Still not sure on either, they're both very hot and cold.

DR. Jamie Carragher - A rock.

DL. Dedé - Seems to have gotten over his homesickness, solid.

DC. McEveley - Signed from Blackburn, quality young player.

DC. Henchoz/Hyypia - Rotate, almost exactly the same.

MR: Santana - Another guy who suffered from homesickess, but is now doing well.

ML: Kewell/Riise - Both good, Riise usually plays away because of his defensive abilities.

MC: Gerrard - Awesome

MC: Pirlo - Record signing (£19.75m), solid and a great finisher.

FC: Baros/Cisse - Both score goals for fun.

FC: Andy Johnson/Matt Jansen - Recent purchases, doing ok. Hopefully they'll get better.

Edited by The Rock Box

Haven't had much chance to play so this is my Rangers team in January 2005

GK: Klos

DL: Vignal

DR: Ricksen/Hutton

DC: Boumsong

DC: Frank De Boer

ML: Berger

MR: Burke

DMC: Petit

AMC: Aaron Lennon/Namouchi

FC: Averladze/Novo

FC: Prso

Prso is awesome although I guess the fact he's playing in Scotland helps.

Anyone know of any way to get players to pass inside more when in 2 on 1 and similar situations? It frustrates me when a player is through on goal and shoots instead of passing the ball across for an easy tap in. I was thinking of upping the crossing instructions on my forwards but i'm worried they would just start crossing all the time.

Fuck. Just lost to Celtic 4-3. I was up 3-1 as well :angry: Media pointed out my dodgy defence which has shipped 10 goals in 5 games. We don't need no defense, we got 22 going the other way. :D

Edited by King Ellis

I picked up Solari pretty cheap from Real Madrid because he was pissed at not getting any first team action. He makes a great replacement for Giggs on the left and can both provide and score goals. That said, my team's as follows...

GK: Tim Howard

DL: Heinze/John O' Shea

DC: Ferdinand

DC: Silvestre/Brown

DR: G. Neville/P. Neville

ML: Solari/Giggs

MC: Keane

MC: Scholes

MR: C. Ronaldo/Fletcher

FC: Rooney

FC: Van Nistelrooy

As you can see, theres alot of inconsistancy in the first team. Add that to the likes the Eric Djemba-Djemba, Kleberson, Saha and Smith getting the odd game or two and you can see I make alot of changes.

In my second season with Arsenal. The only change to the team this season after winning the Premier last season is Frey who I got after tabling around 10 bids (finally getting him in the off-season for £5.5million) for him the season before which left me with Mark Crossley and Stuart Taylor alternating between the nets after I sold Lehmann after getting a £2.4million offer.

I traded Lauren and £7.8million to Spurs for Ledley King as Campbell wouldn't re-sign so I sold him in the January transfer window for £10.5million to Madrid.

I picked Carragher up after he complained about a lack of first team football at 'Pool and they were happy enough to let him go for £2.5million.

Other than the defense I haven't made any changes as I don't see a need to at the present time with everyone playing so well.

GK - Sebastian Frey

DR - Jamie Carragher

DL - Ashley Cole/Gael Clichy

DC - Ledley King/Pascal Cygan (I hate Cygan is real life but he scored 9 goals last season so I kept him)

DC - Kolo Toure/Alex

MR - Freddie Ljungberg

ML - Robin Van Persie/Jose Antonio Reyes (Pires is out for 6 months with a broken leg at the moment after being player of the season)

MC - Patrick Viera/Gilberto

MC - Cesc Fabregas/Edu/Gilberto

FC - Thierry Henry/Robin Van Persie

FC - Jose Antonio Reyes/Jeremie Aliadiere

Edited by HolokastTheIkon

Now I'm depressed.

I was doing great. 3rd in the league, a couple of points behind 1st and 2nd. I was in the semi final of the EURO cup. Then the game crashes. For no reason. And, it hadn't saved since just before the first round of the EURO cup.

I'm so fucking angry. I can't even bring myself to carry on.