Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm in January of my third season, third in the Prem but with a game in hand, three points behind Villa and two behind Chelsea. Though I do have Sneijder half way through an 8 month injury and Baptista three weeks away from coming back after a three month lay off. In the January window I signed Milner, who impressed me with a string of great performances for the England under 21's, and Daniel Braathen, who was a legend of previous CM games but I totally forgot about him on this one until I got a video from his agent. He started off well in his first game for me as well, getting the winning goal and an 8 rating. If the second half of the season is more injury free I should have a chance of pulling back the gap.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Anyone else got a bad habit for signing players on bossmans at the end of most seasons? I seem to of contracted the disease, theres so many good players that'll leave their teams that I can't help it.

At the end of my 2nd season I signed: (all for free)

Éwerthon - Dortmund - I needed a replacement for Aliadiere as I'm intending to ship him out, and he's actually pretty good, good signing.

Nihat - R. Sociedad - Got him because I could, statistically good, yet to be proven.

Jankulovski - Udinese - I wanted some cover for De Jong on my right side, so it was kind of warranted, but still.

I can see myself ending up with a 900 man squad, because im bringing people in and not really shipping people out, and how much of a bitch is selling players? I have about 5 I can't get rid of.

I've got a £34,300,000 transfer budget too, so tempted to buy Ledley King or Rio Ferdinand, but I don't want to rid myself of any of my central defence, Oh the dilemmas of being filthy rich.

Saying that I nearly had Gerrard for £17,000,000 aswell as Gilberto then, but Gilberto screwed it up by rejecting a contract.

EDIT: And seconds later he signs for Inter, well he can fuck off, im taking Robben instead.

EDIT2: They got him for £14,000,000 straight, those bastards, I could of cut Gilberto out of the deal aswell as 3 god damned million, scouse bastards.

Edited by muddatrucker

Yeh mudda I always do that, if I see a world class player that I do not need on a free I cannot help but sign.

Also, when the board give you like an extra £20m even though you REALLY don't need it, I cannot not spend it, it wouldn't be right just leaving £20m there.

My Chelsea team is pretty good, yes i know its bad playing with a team with loads of money, but creating a super team is fun.

GK: Cech/Green/Given

DR: Heitinger/Johnson

DL: Bridge/ Hargreaves

DC: Juan/Lucio

DC:Terry/Nesta

MR: Juninho Permanbucano/Milner

ML: Robben/ Cole/Montolivio

MC: Xabi Alonso/Assuncao(awesome)

MC: Totti/Ronaldinho

FC: Drogba/Adriano/Ashton

FC: RVN/Fernado Torres/Beattie

I hate this game.

First I got sacked by al Fayed, I was 18th with 10 games to go in the league.

So I got a choice between Pompey and Norwich, both in Div 1 (Championship). I would have a £9m transfer budget if I went to Portsmouth but they are currently 12th and I would have to reduce the wage bill by lots.

Or I could go to Norwich who are 7th, I would get £3.8m to spend but no wage bill to reduce, thing is, Jarvis, Huckeryby and McVeigh wouldn't sign enw deals, I get this 25 year old Brazilian on a free who is a striker for the end of the seaosn to replace Huckerby, sign Svard from Arsenal for £400k and I draw my first 2 games and win the third. I am still in 7th after these results, just one point away from the playoff places. Then I play Wigan away, am leaidng 2-0, go to tactics and it fucking crashes!!! :angry: Last time I saved was straight after I was sacked, I am really annoyed. I think I will have to take charge of Portsmouth next time.

Fucking game!

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Quite frankly I'm amazed at how many people can't settle after being signed for me, when do I get the option to give them some leave? I've given it to Lupoli before but I've no longer got the option for everyone else.