Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

Guest Red Devil

I'm downloading this as i type and i can't be bothered to go through shitloads of text so i wanted to know, has the "changing" position error been fixed where if i left MF plays in the centre of MF his rating will suffer a lot?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm downloading this as i type and i can't be bothered to go through shitloads of text so i wanted to know, has the "changing" position error been fixed where if i left MF plays in the centre of MF his rating will suffer a lot?

- Fixed match rating bug for out of position players

:thumbsup:

I'm sure i've seen a sky sports one at sortitoutsi.net

Is anyone else getting problems on the team selection screen? The morale column seems to be disapering on my game.

Edited by King Ellis

...I've been doing better since I installed the patch. :ohwell:

I love the improvements to the 2D match engine - it's all just so much crisper and smoother now. Plus some of the long shots I've scored from with Lampard, Dellas etc. have been SWEET. In the old version they'd probably have gone 8 yards wide... -_-

I dunnoe if it's the patch or not, but ever since I installed the patch, my Madrid team has been very inconsistent. They either win by a huge margin, or lose by a huge margin. For example, I thrashed newly-promoted Murcia 6-1, but lose 5-0 to Valencia in the next game!

The 2D match engine has definitely improved though. Now defenders don't run around like headless chickens.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

I've only played once since installing the patch, but I haven't really noticed any changes, maybe I'm just still playing in the reserved fashion that the original game forced me to, in the fear of bugs fucking shit up.

Guest Red Devil

On the SI forums people complained it was too easy so they made it harder. I've been playing for 4 seasons now with Liverpool and here is my team.

GK: Dida

DR: Lahm

DL: Dede

DC: Lucio

DC: Terry

MR: Kaka

ML: Van Der Vaart

DMC: Gerrard

DMC: Baptista

AMC: Totti

S: Adriano

After moving stadiums a couple of seasons ago i've been getting a lot more money becuase the attendances have doubled and i was able to spend £58 Million on Adriano. I only needed a striker and had been saving up for a couple of seasons after selling my second string and bringing up the youngsters to become my second string. Hopefully he can get me some trophy's, i'm still trophyless and only managed to qualify for the UEFA cup this year.

Only signing so far is Maarten Stekelenburg for about £5.5m, the final fee will be closer to £7.5m or so, but the guy is sure as hell worth it.

I signed him initially to be my long term successor to Lehmann, but he's just snatched the gloves and hasn't disapointed at all. Conceded 4 in 10 games, wheras Lehmann has conceeded 7 in 7 games.

Oh yeah, also signed Kasper Schmeichal as my new 3rd choice 'keeper, and he did really well as a part of my "Carling Cup team" up until the 4th Round game at Portsmouth where I lost 7-1...that wasn't good.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

I signed Lastuvka before I signed Stekelenburg, he didn't settle, gave shoddy performances and I couldn't sell him, so I dropped him to my reserves, Stekelenburg was my first choice, with Lehmann playing in goal for CL games due to Stekelenburg being uneligible.

Stekelenburg broke his spine and was out for 5 months, I gave Lastuvka the chance and for 5 months he was fantastic (managing to win 3rd in GK of the year with just 5 months work), surprisingly after 2-3 seasons he still cant speak a word of english either, Stekelenburg is back now, but I feel bad playing him over Lastuvka so I'm stuck.