Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

I hope they do something about the shooting. Maybe it's just me but most players seem to shoot over/wide constantly. For example Leeds vs Man U League cup semi final first leg, scraped a 1-0 win for Leeds after Man U had a massive 22 off target shots only getting 6 on target. This was with a proper first team out as well.

Edited by Malenko

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does this game include 'racist Spanish fans' to really get the realism factor across?

...Shut up, really, just shut up.

Expect the 5.02 patch to be realised within the hour, an announcement was just made over at the SI forums.

Still no patch. :(

Remind me, when you install a patch do the coding alterations (for the bugs) affect your save games as well or would you have to start a new one for them to be implemented?

For a company that supports the "Get Racism Out of Football" campaign (with even the logo at the start), why would they then include it in their game? Surely that more than defeats the point?

As far as I've seen England are nothing spectacular in the game, much like in real life (*cheapshot*).

And the game plays well enough without any patches, it's just some of the anomolies can become irritating after a while.

Edited by stokeriño

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Update:

Dida still shit, still can't speak english, still wants to leave.

Flamini, good, but still can't speak english, requests transfer, request blocked.

Vieira, injured 3 months.

Bastards, still have no replacement for Lauren either.

EDIT:

The World Player of the Year, World Footballer of the Year and European Footballer of the year all got the exact same results:

1. Henry

2. Reyes

3. Giggs

Edit: Anyone playing as Arsenal know how to keep hold of Campbell when you cannot give him anything higher than £65,000 a week?

Edited by muddatrucker

I hate being set these stupid limits, I'm below my wage limit by quite a bit, does it really need to be used for other players, rather than keeping our key players? Seems he's not interested in signing again, maybe I left it too late, but I wasn't told about contracts expiring till only 6 months were left, the bastards.

Hopefully I'll be able to snap him back up if he leaves, I have no decent DC's as it is.

Edited by muddatrucker

I finished my first season with Fulham and finished 10th :(

What was good in a way was that I had a Saha situation. Boa Morte was playing absolutley brilliant and then Man Utd, Arsenal, Newcastle and Liverpool all wanted to sign him and I got questions from the media asking if I think I could keep hold of him, it was class. I eventually sold him to Newcastle for £9m. I also sold Steed Malbranque, but their replacements are good enough imo. And this is how my team looks for the 05-06 season:

GK: Edwin van der Sar/Stefan Postma

DR: Moritz Volz/Dean Leacock

DL: Carlos Bocanegra/Adam Green

DC: Stephane Henchoz/Alain Goma

DC: Zat Knight/Joleon Lescott

MR: Jermaine Pennant/Malik Buari

ML: Andy van der Meyde

MC: Papa Bouba-Diop

MC: Sylvain Legwinski/Alexi Smertin

MC: Lee Clark/Claus Jensen

FC: Milan Baros/Collins John

My brother got sacked in March 2005 as Leeds manager. Despit having hundreds of millions of pounds at his disposal he only managed mid table, although only a couple of wins away from the playoffs. I suspect he lost the dressing room, when you buy players just caus you can you end up with a big squad and you cant keep them all happy. Shame really as he had Crespo and Smertin on the way.

My card FINALLY got accepted at play.com and FM is being sent out now. I blame my girlfriend because I was too lazy to get up and walk 3 feet to the laptop and put in my card details myself. So she put them in for me and put my postcode in wrong. Bah! So I pimp slapped her.

Does anyone know if its possible to download a pack that has the official kits for the premiership sides? I notice the Championship sides and some foreign teams have them complete with official sponsors etc.

Finally Dida speaks some english, still a complete tart though, I got De Jong, brought in Oliseh as a temporary replacement for Vieira and signed some potential hot prospects, had to sell Edu to Chelsea though, Mourhino was sacked because they're lingering above the relegation zone.