Thomas

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest The Real Deal

Neither did I. Any other features we may not have came across that someone else has?

Everton game is going ok, I've got a great strikeforce in James Beattie, Robbie Keane and Craig Bellamy.

Just got Notts Forest promoted back into the Premiership with what is to be fair a mediocre team (I posted it earlier in the thread). Thomas Myhre, despite my assistant telling me he wasn't a worthwhile signing, took the league by storm keeping 20+ clean sheets. Some of the credit has to go to Michael Dawson who despite constant offers from bigger clubs I managed to keep ahold of and keep happy.

Kris Commons has come through great which I knew he would after I offloaded Andy Reid.

But the main reason for the promotion is Henri Camara who signed from Wolves in the summer for 1.3million. He had a great season scoring 39 in all competitions, just missing the 40 mark due to playing in the African Nations Cup.

Peter Crouch, my other main striker had a dissapointing season after signing for 1million from Soton. I thought him and Henri would get at least 50 goals between them, but Crouch only managed to find the net 5 times all season.

I've made some big signings in the summer, all bosmans, due to not having any money to buy people with. Chris Sutton, Keiran Dyer and a Czech DC (Can't remember his name) have all signed despite only being offered around £9,500 to £11,500 in wages each.

I'm fairly optimistic about the upcoming season but my main aim is to not finish bottom of the league because I know I'm going down. But I'm confident I'll bounce straight back up with the youngsters and the 'stars' I've got, all of which I'll be able to keep because I've stuck to a realistic budget knowing that if I went crazy and we went down we'd almost certainly go into administration.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Wow, Im currently having the shittest start to a season ever, ever since Sammy Lee (my assistant at Spurs) left for Liverpool, they've been amazing, not necessarily in the league, but they can whoop my ass (and that cunt lets me know it).

I've won the league the last 3 seasons in a row, but so far this season im 13 games in, 4th and 10 points behind the leaders, my team just aren't hitting form.

I have David Villa, Cavenaghi and Torres up front and yet they still aren't all scoring consistantly, my team need a lift and I'm not sure how.

Well, my Wigan team's 25-game unbeaten run in the Championship came to an end when I lost 3-1 to Reading. Ah well, I'm bloody amazed I made it 25-games without losing, so it's good.

I just signed Teddy Sherringham for £30k from West Ham to give me some more options up front as Marcus Stewart, David Graham, Jason Roberts and Lee McCulloch aren't exactly setting the league alight, and then Nathan Ellington has been out injured. Hopefully he'll get a few goals for me.

Can I tear it into an international manager for overplaying a player? I strictly said 45 minutes for Wesley Sneijder and he played 51, I'm not happy.

I didn't know that happened with players when you gave them restrictions, I'll have to start double checking (not that there seems to be much you can do about it). Although now and again I'll withdraw a few of my big names from International friendlies if I've got a big game coming up or a lot of games in a short space. Nobody has really complained about me doing that yet.

Whenever I withdraw players from International duty, they end up getting injured that week anyway. It must be the games way of saying 'Fuck you' whenever I try and play it safe.

I've now realised what a fucking twat Cassano is. Although he played well for me under Juve, he now wants out and has every negative concern in the game (see the screenshot). ...Still I’m tempted to sign him again just for kicks and another free transfer doesn’t seem that bad, does it?

cassano6ka.th.jpg

Saw it mentioned above, but does anyone else get annoyed when really good scouts/coaches tell you a player isn't worth signing and has no potential - then turn out to be one of the best players in the game a few seasons down the line?

I never listen to my coaches or scouts anymore....I seem to know the game better than them after nearly 15 years of playing with the same basic game engine.

There are loads of underrated/overrated teams in the game.  In the second season Wolves, after getting promoted (finished first in the Championship) they finished 5th in the Prem, whilst Spurs spent the second season in the Championship.

Say that part again please? It makes me happy. :D

Well, if I ever reach the Premiership I'm gonna be screwed. The two Premiership sides I've faced so far have scored seven against me in two games, whilst I have scored ziltch. Liverpool and Middlesbrough...god I need some improvement

I have:

Fernando Torres

Fernando Cavenaghi

Fernando

David Villa

They'll all been great on seperate occasions, Torres and Cavenaghi make the best pairing though, Fernando the best sub.

My Lyon team just did the French double in the first season with the surprisingly deadly strike-partnership of Pierre-Alain Frau and Sylvain Wiltord. Frau did the majority of the scoring, and I've just agreed to bring in Sebastian Frei to partner him next season (Frei was the top scorer in the French league).

Despite some early success I've got a lot of work left to do. Every team I came up against in the Champions League (Anderlecht, Barca and Inter) shit all over us. Inter beat me 8-2 at their ground (I was winning 1-0 and 2-1 if you must know) and then 6-0 at my ground. Got to sort the European tactics out.