Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

Everyone has such.. sexy teams.

My Sheffield United team - 5 seasons in, my second year in the Premiership.

GK: Kirkland

DR: G. Neville

DL: Bouma

DC: Yobo

DC: Yakubu

MR: Job

ML: J. Cole

MC: Guarin

MC: Shinji Ono

FC: Niedzielan

FC: Sinama Pongolle

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Since we're all doing it, my Spurs team currently looks like this:

GK: Paul Robinson/Markus Wimmer

DR: Nigel De Jong/Petri Pasasen

DL: Wilfred Bouma/Reto Ziegler

DC: Ledley King

DC: Fabricio Coloccini/Ajexander Lembo

MC: Michael Essien/Rafael Van Der Vaart

MC: Wesley Sneijder/Freddy Guarin

AML: Bonaventure Kalou/David Bentley

AMR: Simon Davies/Cani

FC: Fernando Torres/Quincy Awusu Abeyie

FC: Fernando Cavenaghi/Fernando

First team in bold, although some of its a bit of rotation, for instance Essien and Van Der Vaart both get a share of the midfield.

Meh, why not:

GK. Scott Carson

DR. Jamie Carragher (De Jong's arriving in January, so Carra'll probably take over from Kuffour/Hyypia)

DL. John Arne Riise

DC. Thomas Hubschman (sp?)

DC. Sami Hyypia/Samuel Kaffour

MR. Anthony Le Tallec

ML. Harry Kewell/Luis Garcia

MC. Xabi Alonso/Manuel Blasi

MC. Steven Gerrard

FC. Djibril Cisse/Morientes

FC. Patrick Kluivert/Baros

Gerrard's pissing me off at the moment though. I'm in December of the second season and he thinks that he's unfit all the time (in his happiness bit). All the physios say he's fit, so I don't know what's going on. I may try and sell him to Madrid, but we'll see.

• Admin

My current Blackburn team

GK: Brad Friedel / Peter Enckelman / John Ruddy

DR: Lucas Neill

DL: Dominic Matteo / James McEveley

DC: Ryan Nelsen / David Unsworth

DC: Andy Todd / Zander Diamond

DMC: Robbie Savage / Aaron Mokoena

ML: Morten Gamst Pedersen / Daniel Bierofka

MR: David Thompson / Brett Emerton

MC: Scott Parker / Steven Reid

FC: Craig Bellamy / Matt Jansen

FC: Jon Stead / Paul Gallagher

Near the end of the first season, signed Bellamy off Newcastle for 2.5mil at the start of the season, and grabbed Diamond for around 100K from Aberdeen. Sold off Tugay, Dickov, Johannson and Gresko for whining and generally annoying me. Average first half of the season, hovering around the 14th position, but a favourable draw saw me reach the League Cup Final. January came and the transfer window opened, allowing me to grab Parker (£2.2mil) Unsworth (600K) and Bierofka (525K) for reinforcements, and we managed to beat Spurs 3-0 on penalties to win the League Cup. In April now, 4 games to go, and sitting in 12th.

I'm using the real fixture list too, so have just played Everton, Liverpool, Arsenal and Man U - and grabbed 5 points, much to my surprise. A good run could see me break into the top 10 - not too bad at all! Then it gives me the summer to build a squad for the UEFA Cup.

GK:

Stefan Klos (Now 1.6M) or

Julio Cesar (Free from Inter Milan, 06/07. Now 1.6M.) or

Jamie Green (22K from Sheffield United, 04/05. Now 2.1M).

DR:

Hatem Trabelsi (Free from Ajax, 06/07. Now 3.1M) or

Oliver Schroder (130K from 1.FC Koln, 04/05. Now 1.5M).

DL:

Martin Meichelbeck (130K from Bochum, 04/05. Now 1.3M) or

Jereon Drost (1M from Heerenveen, 05/06. Now 1.9M).

DC:

Guy Demel (140K from Borussia Dortmund, 04/05. Now 1.8M) or

Oumar Kondé (130K from SC Freiburg, 04/05. Now 1.7M).

DC:

Ronaldo (Naldo) (950K from RS Futebol, 05/06. Now 2M) or

Oumar Kondé.

MR (Winger):

Chris Burke (Now 2.7M) or

Koc Okan (2.5M from Ankaragucu, 04/05. Now 2.9M) or

Sergio Conceicao (Free from Standard Liege, 05/06. Now 500K).

ML (Winger):

Hugo Viana (600K from Newcastle, 06/07. Now 2.4M) or

Anthony Boateng (180K from Kotoko, 06/07. Now 3.6M) or

Serio Conceicao.

MC:

Barry Ferguson (Now 5.25M) or

Benedict Vilakazi (230K from Orlando Pirates, 04/05. Now 4.6M).

MC:

Mathieu Flamini (900K from Arsenal, 06/07. Now 2.2M) or

Fabio Rochemback (Free from Barcelona, 06/07. Now 2.6M).

FC:

Aruna (Free from Anderlecht, 06/07. Now 5M.) or

Thomas Buffel (Now 2.4M) or

Jose Guerrero (Free from Bayern Munchen, 05/06. Now 2.9M).

FC:

Nacho Novo (Now 4.1M) or

Bernardo Romeo (400K from Mallorca, 05/06. Now 2.3M) or

Jose Guerrero.

After 3 seasons exactly. Klos, Burke, Ferguson, Buffel and Novo have been there throughout. All players were signed on frees or with under a million pounds (except Okan when Burke was injured).

EDIT: Bah gawd stats.

Edited by The Kraig

Sammy Lee (my assistant at Spurs) was offered the Liverpool job, not surprisingly he took it, now he's a complete cunt, trying to bash me at every opportunity, I haven't replied (since my possible replies are all a bit faggy).

I'm playing them now and currently lead 2-0, hopefully I can hold on and declare how I tactically outclassed his amateur ass. Don't mess with me Cunt.

EDIT: 5-4, Liverpool, fuck you 94th minute...

Edited by muddatrucker

Wrexham:

gk- Stefan Postma

rb- Carl Bell

lb- Peter Knight

cb- Daniel Lewis

cb- Neil Collins

dm- Paul Harris

cm- Stephan Murray

cm- Jimmy Smith

cm- Chris Dixon

st- Ruud van Dijk

st- Paul Hutchinson

Postma, Collins, Murray and Smith are the only non-regens.

The problem with my side is that I lose £300k per year. I spend £600k on maintaining at 15k ground when only 4k turn up. Which makes my game harder than any of yours.

My wage budget is £12.5k, I took over in Division 3, after 3 1/2 season I got them into Division 2. Where I hope to stay.

Does anybody else manage a League Two club? If so, what's your wage budget? Just so I can get perspective...

Gretna

GK: Graham Stack

DL: Stephen Crainey

DR: Maurice Ross

DC: Ulrik Laursen

DC: Lee Wilkie

MC: Freddy Guarin

ML: Kou (:shifty:)

MR: Stefan Batan

AMC: Paul Scholes

FC: Agustin Delgado

FC: Neil Mellor

Squad

Def: David Raven, Steven Watt, Anton Ferdinand, Andy Aitken, Chris Innes

Mid: David MacLean, Steven Tosh, Stephen Cooke, Jemal Johnson, Stelios

Att: Kenny Deuchar, Anders Holberg, Ramon Calliste

Like i've mentioned before i'm using Reilys DB from Grass Roots so i've got a few young EWB'ers kicking around as well. Need a striker really but only 1.3m left and my targets of Kris Boyd and Garry O'Connor moved on to England so I need to keep looking.

(First Team Players bolded)

GK: Maarten Stekelenburg

DL: Heinze/O’Shea

DC: Ferdinand/Brown

DC: Silvestre

DR: Vanden Borre/G.Neville

ML: Stewart Downing/Joe Cole

(D)MC: Barry Ferguson/Guarin/Keane

(A)MC: Tomas Rosicky/Scholes

MR: Schweinsteiger/Shaun Wright-Phillips

FC: Rooney/Alan Smith

FC: Van Nistelrooy/Haedo Valdez/Adu

Currently in 2009 and with only a year and a half in charge of United, I’m in the process of making some severe changes. Christian Chivu is arriving at the end of the season for £2.5 Million plus Valdez, he’ll be my new first choice DC as I’m hoping to shift off Silvestre (who dislikes me) to either Milan or Madrid (both of whom are interested). O’Shea’s been arranged to join Barcelona for £15 Million at the end of the season, so I’ll need another left back. A lot of my players seem to be getting to the worst out of the aging process, the likes of the Neville brothers, Heinze and even Alan Smith are past they’re peak and will probably do with replacing. I’ve a huge bankroll of £50-ish Million in transfer funds but a lot of changes will need to be made. De Jong, Kompany and Lahm were all primary targets until they got picked up by the Big Clubs so I'm still lookign hard for a defender thats still relatively young. I'm also preparing for a talent raid on AS Roma who after doing rather shit in the league have a mutiny on they're hands with all the players upset and wanting out. Van Der Vaart, C. Ronaldo and Maresca are all possible transfer targets.

Does anybody else manage a League Two club? If so, what's your wage budget? Just so I can get perspective...

I manage Orient in one of my games and my wage budget I think is about 14k and I am over that by about 5k. Thats because I like to have some good coaches and assistant manager.

I would list my squad, but I'm in 2014, and a good chunk of them are regens. <_<

EDIT: Eh.

GK: Jan Lastuvka/Italian regen

DR: Van Den Boogart/Vanden Borre

DL: Wayne Bridge/Germanregen

DC: Rio Ferdinand/Naldo

DC: Englishregen/Nigel De Jong

MR: Fabrizio Miccoli/Heracio Peralta

ML: Daniel Bierofka/Englishregen

DMC: Javier Mascherano/Freddy Guarin

AMC: Mauritiusregen (the only player from that cpuntry in the game, and he rocks) /Hatem Ben Arfa

FC: Wayne Rooney/Antonio Cassano

FC: Robinho/Chileregen

Eh, not as many regens as I though, but it's a damn old team.

Edited by Jonny D

I had some good staff until they got poached, now all I can offer is £400, and I'd rather promote Darren Ferguson to asst man for that much than go on a never ending seach to find an assistant that will take £400.

What's your highest paid player on? I NEEDED Postma, so I managed to get him for about 1.3k, they won't allow over 1k for anyone else.

Pongolle was doing extremely well for me. He was the highest scorer in the Premiership. 33 goals in 33 games overall. And a massive 23 goals in the Premiership alone. And this is Janury, by the way. So, Arsenal sniff around him, but soon move on. Then Chelski and Barca show up, both put it low bids, around 11 million. I tell Chelsea I want 20 million, and Defoe, and tell Barca I want 23 million. Both agree, I say no to Barca, and yes to Chelsea.

So I sell off Pongolle, he's played four games as a sub for them so far without scoring, meanwhile Defoe Has 6 goals in 7 games for me. I also signed Arturo Lupoli and Phillipe Mexes with the money I raised from Pongolle's departure. Brilliant overall for me.

Ok, so I've left Chelsea to go to Monaco and it's going okay. Lost my first game to a nothing team, but recovered slightly by beating Paris SG 5-1 away, and Cannes 4-0 at home. Bit disappointing to lose - especially as I went 2 seasons without losing a league game as Chelsea.

GK: Flavio Roma

DR: Gael Givet

DL: Florent Malouda - signed by Everton from Lyon, then I signed him for 6.5m. Awesome.

DC: Julien Rodriquez ©

DC: Sebastian Squllaci

MR: Christian Poulsen

ML: Mohammed Kallon

MC: Gilles Donald Yapi Yapo - my signing, he was French revelation of the year. 7.5m

MC: Tim Borowski

FC: Aruna/Nonda/Mokoena

FC: Carlos Tevez - Awesome, signed before I arrived.

My current Blackburn team

GK: Brad Friedel / Peter Enckelman / John Ruddy

DR: Lucas Neill

DL: Dominic Matteo / James McEveley

DC: Ryan Nelsen / David Unsworth

DC: Andy Todd / Zander Diamond

DMC: Robbie Savage / Aaron Mokoena

ML: Morten Gamst Pedersen / Daniel Bierofka

MR: David Thompson / Brett Emerton

MC: Scott Parker / Steven Reid

FC: Craig Bellamy / Matt Jansen

FC: Jon Stead / Paul Gallagher

Near the end of the first season, signed Bellamy off Newcastle for 2.5mil at the start of the season, and grabbed Diamond for around 100K from Aberdeen. Sold off Tugay, Dickov, Johannson and Gresko for whining and generally annoying me. Average first half of the season, hovering around the 14th position, but a favourable draw saw me reach the League Cup Final. January came and the transfer window opened, allowing me to grab Parker (£2.2mil) Unsworth (600K) and Bierofka (525K) for reinforcements, and we managed to beat Spurs 3-0 on penalties to win the League Cup. In April now, 4 games to go, and sitting in 12th.

I'm using the real fixture list too, so have just played Everton, Liverpool, Arsenal and Man U - and grabbed 5 points, much to my surprise. A good run could see me break into the top 10 - not too bad at all! Then it gives me the summer to build a squad for the UEFA Cup.

Too much Emerton love. :shifty:

Pretty good team near the end of the first season. Doing better than my frist attempt anyway. :blush:

I have Guarin who's excellent at long shots, but is there anyway to set it so he tries long shots all the time? he's usually a sub so its getting annoying have to change tactics for him when I bring him in place of someone who's usually attacking, like Essien or Sneijder.

Currently in my second season as Notts Forest, just outside the playoffs at about the half way stage after a pretty poor first season (14th) which saw all my star players (apart from Dawson) leave. Andy Reid went to Wigan for 2.5million after bitching about wanting to move to a bigger club. David Johnson started bitching so he went to Birmingham for 2.8million and then Marlon King, who I was going to build my team around next season also wanted out so he went to Villa for 500k, so I played much of the season without a real front two as I settled for Gareth Taylor and Craig Westcarr. I signed Mark Kennedy from Wolves for 1.2million and he was playing well till he got injured and then he wanted out, so I offloaded him to Gillingham for 600k.

Fortunately Kris Commons is like a god, so after going through Reid and Kennedy, Commons who was in my reserves has come through and has around 16-18 assists so far. For this season I also bolstered my attack with the signings of Peter Crouch (for 1mill after he netted 10 in 9 games on loan at QPR), Henri Camara (1.3mill) and Leon Knight (250k) and all are banging in goals, especially Camara who has 16 in 12 starts. I also got Alex Sheehan from someone (can't remember who) and he's awesome at left back, I think he's 17/18 years old too.

So here's my current team

GK - Thomas Myhre

DR - Chris Baird

DL - Alex Sheehan

DC - Michael Dawson

DC - Wes Morgan / Andy Todd

ML - Kris Commons

MR - Eugen Bopp / Paul Devlin

MC - Robert Hughes / Richard Langley

MC - Paul Evans (Player Of The Year)

FC - Henri Camara

FC - Leon Knight / Peter Crouch

Also, mudda how much did you sign Torres for or did you get him on a bosman? It took me 36.5million to get him for Chelsea.

Edited by HolokastTheIkon

I have Guarin who's excellent at long shots, but is there anyway to set it so he tries long shots all the time? he's usually a sub so its getting annoying have to change tactics for him when I bring him in place of someone who's usually attacking, like Essien or Sneijder.

It was a bossman, he'd been upset at Athletico Madrid from the start, so I basically just sat and waited whilst I jumped from team to team. Cavenhaghi was already at Chelsea, for some reason he was in the reserves offered for loan and transfer. Real and all of europes Elite had bidded, I offered him a loan they agreed, then when he was here his asking price dropped to what I could afford (around £4million) I bid, then when he finished his loan he was mine for good.