Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so are you able to look up how much monney chelsea has on it´s acount or do you only know what the transfair founds are ?

I know how much funds I'm given when playing as Chelsea (first season, take over at the beginning, ask for more funds and get refused etc), and then how much they spend when I'm someone else.

In my Luton game i went from League one to Premiership in 5 years. Quite pleased with that.

Getting to the PRem my best signings were Gabriel Batistuta, i bought him for my second season in League one and he took me into the Prem before becoming a coach, he's now my assistant. When i got into the Championship i signed Grahem Kavangah he was quality also.

MY worst was Evlis Hammond, the worst player i have ever seen in my entire life on that game. Shipped him off to Stevenage.

In the Prem i play 4-5-1 as a newly promoted side, to keep tje goals conceded down. I have signed Carlton Cole for my lone man with Rossi as his backup. Cole is awesome, very frequent important goals. I also signed Cris as centre back and Sander Westerveld both have been quality.

My worst signing in this division was Steed Malbranque, who just wasnt interested and I got rid of him quickly.

Just started as Tottenham. Signed Bierofka, have Essien coming if he gets a work permit, and an offer on the table for Jagielka. Also signed a collection of youngsters.

If anyone can point me in the direction of a good, cheap right winger, I'd really appreciate it. When I go on later, I'll have a look around myself. Can always play Bierofka there I suppose.

Signing a striker could be prudent, but my funds will have vanished by this point, and no-one wants any of my players at all!

EDIT - I have a feeling I may be running Tottenham into the ground. I'm way over my wage budget, so I'm trying to sell players like Naybet and Brown that I may need. The Essien deal fell through due to a work-permit not being granted (bastards), so I'm using the money to try and sign Nathan Ellington, lets hope he adjusts to the pressures of top flight football.

As for the right winger problem, I signed a guy called Robson Ponte. Do not make the same mistake. He had good stats, played for Leverkusen, and was cheap. In hindsight, I should have realised that his relative cheapness was in direct coloration to his footballing talent, which is zero.

Anyway, so far, I beat Charlton 2-0, drew 1-1 with Newcastle, lost 1-0 to Everton, and beat Birmingham 1-0. If it wasn't for the single piece of striking talent I posess in Kanoute, it'd be far worse.

Edited by timmayy

Ok, I just finished my first season with Liverpool, finishing 4th in the Premier League. Suprisingly I got to the Champions League final, beating Juventus in the semi's. This is what happened in the final:

gunsnroses3yg.jpg

D'ya think it's an omen for the big match on Wednesday? Hopefully not....

As for the right winger problem, I signed a guy called Robson Ponte. Do not make the same mistake. He had good stats, played for Leverkusen, and was cheap. In hindsight, I should have realised that his relative cheapness was in direct coloration to his footballing talent, which is zero.

I soon got bored of white heart lane, and started about my 10,000th game in a week. I'm villa now, and can't score for shit. So far, I've had 3 0-0's, a 1-1, and a 2-1 win. My four strikers (Vasell, Angel, Carlton Cole and Nathan Ellington have 1 goal between them).

Its a shame, because defensively, I appear to be fine. And Cristiano Zanetti chose Monaco over me.

Wonder why?

Are you sure Ponte could play? He did nothing in my Tottenham game.

I came the closest I have ever come to doing the only thing I have left to do on this game as a big club last night, win the Champions League. Man United Vs Juventus, Champions League Final, 2012. I was 2-1 up going into the 88th minute, almost preparing to break out the champagne, when Juventus scored to take it to extra time. Then, in the 118th minute, just as I was preparing myself for penalties, Zlatan Ibrahimovic scored a wonder goal from about 30 yards to win them the game. I was gutted. :(

The Champions League STILL eludes me on this game.

Edited by Jonny D

I've heard about this weird thing that can happen on the game sometimes, its called a....erm... goal? Is that the right word?

Must be a rare bug, I haven't found it yet

:shifty: