• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v19/hairy_coo/comments.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v19/hairy_coo/AAAAA.jpg

a few examples of the MC editor stolen right from the SI forums. Shame it only works on new games but still, looks cool.

I'd also like to take some time to mention the legend that is Freddy Guarin, a young defensive midfielder from Columbia. He has amazing long shots so I did what any manager would do and employed school yard 'pass to the best player' tactics and pass to him to rifle off long rangers at any oppurtunties. It's only the Scottish First Division but still, 8 goals in 7 with 5 man of the matches is something special. Paritucally a 35 yard free kick and a 30 yard screamer. He's nuked my transfer budget but i'm still in love. :wub:

Edited by King Ellis

Is there any way you can practically force a club into selling you a player?

As you may know, I started with Juve before finally ending up with Man Utd and I've been trying to take De Jong with me. Trouble is, Juve aren’t selling regardless of how much I offer even though the player has stated the move would be 'too good to turn down'. I've tried everything, be it offering almost double the player's worth or proposing a trade negotiation with a player or two they've already expressed interest over. Still no luck over the whole affair.

I'd also like to take some time to mention the legend that is Freddy Guarin, a young defensive midfielder from Columbia. He has amazing long shots so I did what any manager would do and employed school yard 'pass to the best player' tactics and pass to him to rifle off long rangers at any oppurtunties. It's only the Scottish First Division but still, 8 goals in 7 with 5 man of the matches is something special. Paritucally a 35 yard free kick and a 30 yard screamer. He's nuked my transfer budget but i'm still in love.  :wub:
Edited by public enemy

I got Guarin on a free for my Manchester United side a few seasons back as well. He started out as a backup to Keane, then when Keane got to old he became a backup for Poulsen. Now in 2009 he has finally found his place in my starting XI, scoring regular fantastic goals. His stats have developed well since the start of the game as well, and now he's a real goal threat from the midfield. He's not normally the type of player I look for as a DMC, but this season his average rating is well above 8, which is better than any of my other DMC's managed.

I borrowed this game from a friend and so far I really like it . I watch the MLS leagues every now and then , and so i picked Columbus to be my first team to manage . Haven't really got into making my own training schedules or tactics yet , We won the first round in the Champions Cup and I noticed my guys seem to pass it to the backfield when they get into a scoring oppurtunity. I want them to be defensive but not to the point where they pass up ona good scoring oppurtunity. can anyone help ?

First off, just set it so that your assistant sorts out your training, its easier that way. When you get more comfortable with it you can piss about with the training.

Maybe you need to have more people getting forward into attacking posistions so there are more options for your attackers. But sometimes they just do that and it is annoying when they play it back from a good chance.

You know, Gretna might be rich and all, but I probably won't ever be them, and it comes down to the simple fact they're in Scotland. Nobody of note would go there (in reality at least), and it'd be boring.

I talked all about Gretna on page 85, you need to look closer Gooner :P

You can't really attract big players but getting in the UEFA cup through the Scottish Cup or Scottish League Cup helps. I'll be in the SPL soon so hopefully that will open a few doors but i'm running out of money fast. I went the buy lots of players route whereas Dan went the stick with what you've got route.

1st in Div 1, Scottish Cup, League Cup and Challenge Cup. :) Moved up 54 places to 164 in the European rankings. It has begun.... :thumbsup:

Edited by King Ellis

I take it all back Freddy Guarin is the shit.

He just scored a 40-Yard screamer that took me out of the jaws of defeat against Chelski to produce a 2-1 win...it was amazing.

Also, has anyone else realised how utterly shit you do in penalties regardless of stats? I was facing Arsenal in the Champions league final and the eventual penalties ended 1-2 with the majority of takers missing the target altogether.

champleague2sp.th.jpg