Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

On a side note, I just won the Club World Championship for a first time with United. It was ridiculously easy and I ended up beating some Korean team 5-0. Seriously, check the screen-shot, It also appears SI’s Random Korean Name Generator was working overtime for that game.  <_<

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On a side note, I just won the Club World Championship for a first time with United. It was ridiculously easy and I ended up beating some Korean team 5-0. Seriously, check the screen-shot, It also appears SI’s Random Korean Name Generator was working overtime for that game.  <_<

It's not a random name generator. It just mixes names and surnames of the Korean names file (all those names are real). If you had picked the korean league and checked the names, although obviously different since they would be real players, they would just be different mixes of the ones you saw there.

It's not a random name generator. It just mixes names and surnames of the Korean names file (all those names are real). If you had picked the korean league and checked the names, although obviously different since they would be real players, they would just be different mixes of the ones you saw there.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

The World Club Championship sucks, all I ever do is end up playing some South African team, then some Asian team and then winning every time, its shit.

I hear you get some nice bonuses for winning it, how much so?

Oh and for all those who doubt the awesomeness of Guarin download the following match and watch his first goal. My particular favorite of his various strikes. (H)

http://rapidshare.de/files/1957664/Gretna_...lgiris.pkm.html

In my Chelsea game, I decide I need someone who's gonna score a shitload. I sign Cavenaghi, he's playing better than any of my strikers, but he isn't scoring at all...

Thank god for Eidur.

And I got drawn in the same Champions League group as Ajax, Inter and Red Star.

Fuck.

Edited by timmayy

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Anyone know of a good backup keeper that can sit on the sidelines all season playing the odd league cup match without crying like a little bitch and thus getting sacked/transfered?

At the mo I seem to be signing a new keeper each season only to bump them off the season after.

Guest Mr McFarlane

Anyone know of a good backup keeper that can sit on the sidelines all season playing the odd league cup match without crying like a little bitch and thus getting sacked/transfered?

At the mo I seem to be signing a new keeper each season only to bump them off the season after.

I hate play-offs, I really do. Two seasons in a row I have lost in the play-off semi's. My team just seem to stumble into the last third of the season and scrape wins and loads of draws. Oh well, another season in Division 3 beckons.

And I got drawn in the same Champions League group as Ajax, Inter and Red Star.

Fuck.

You think that's tough?

My team (Chelsea) got drawn with Juventus, Madrid and PSV.

And I was 10 mins away from UEFA Cup when Terry scored,I finished second in the group....just.

OK, i got the game now, so prepare for my usual bitching and moaning.

I started without a Job, i am 29 (for some reason the game reset my byrtdate to something in the 70th instead of 81 like i set it but sinc i am not going to play 30 years ingame time anyway i don´t think this shiould be a big deal ?!) and got signed by some italien club no one ever heard of, now tell me what to do so i don´t get fucked in the ass again, i got 30k transfair budged and am on a 22.5k a weak wage that i am suposed to cut. They expect a midfield rank at the end of the season.

Biellese - Italian Seria c2/a

OK, screew them, got a job offerd by some spanish team, Castillo, yes, i screewed the people that gave me my first job after less than a month, and someone called stweve austin a badass, fuck you JR, here i come.

Edited by Michael Matzat

Funny stuff. Sadly, I got Chelsea in the the first knockout stage of the Champs League. Also, I recorded my second loss of the entire season to ABERDEEN, 1-0. I think I had 10 shots on target and they had 1 (the goal). I was just so fucked off with that.

My other loss was to PSV after they scored in injury time during my last Group Stage Champs League, which still saw me win the group. (H)

In other news, Hearts sold all of their good players to English clubs for absolutely no reason and never bought anyone to replace them. And are now probably going to get relegated (worse than Partick Thistle, St. Johnstone and Dunfermline, who all deserve relegation).

Edited by The Kraig

Not sure if this is allowed but heres a link to My Porthmadog diary on a FM Site.

My Porthmadog Diary

Here is a tip, SIGN A BLOKE CALLED DIEGO.

I signed him on a Bosman with Newcastle in 2010, and he isn't a regen.

Starts off at either Santos or Porto, an has only played four games for five goals. Valued at 36 mil at the moment, and is only 25.

Will take a while to come good, but get him!

Newcastle not going so good now, after winning the title and FA Cup, I win nothing after crashing out of the CL in ET against Milan. I wasn't happy.

Sold Carlos Tevez for 60 mil + 10 after 30 appearances, otherwise he'd leave on Bosman. Then I signed Vanden Borre and some Columbian defender. Superstar to strengthen the defence.

My team is as follows.

GK - Libis Andres Arenas/Tim Wiese

DR - Nigel de Jong/Stephen Carr

DC - John Heitinga/Anthony Vanden Borre

DC - Naldo/Didier Deguy Zekora

DL - Andres Filipe Gonzales

DMC - Vincent Kompany/Freddy Guarin

ML - Freddy Adu/Daniel Bierofka

MR - Wesley Sneijder/Lebohang Mokoena

AML - Diego/Shinji Ono

FC - Valeri Bojinov

FC - Zlatan Ibrahimovic/Robin van Persie

4th after 3 games.

becaus i am not publicly admiting that my team sucks my media handling skill gets lower and lower :( the worst thing i even beat the atletico B team after saind we had a fair chan (4-1, wich is the ebst result i had yet) and i still did not get the point back :/

Here is a tip, SIGN A BLOKE CALLED DIEGO.

I signed him on a Bosman with Newcastle in 2010, and he isn't a regen.

Starts off at either Santos or Porto, an has only played four games for five goals. Valued at 36 mil at the moment, and is only 25.

Will take a while to come good, but get him!