Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone else realised how fucking overated Arsenal are on this?

I am 20 games into the season, they have won 18, drawn 2, scored 51 goals and conceded 7. It is silly.

In other news, in my other game where I am Fulham. Liverpool got relegated in the first season and then promptly sold Gerrard and Alonso for £4m each. Ha.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Arsenal keep buying quality players on mine and then selling them off only a season later. They also seem to sell players and buy them back for twice the price.

Morientes needs to adjust, wait until next season before judging him.

I'm not sure about Pellegrino, if he did it would've been pennies - and at some points he's looked OK, good cover for when Hyypia needs a rest.

Josemi was injured. Should've been back a while ago, but then got injured again (I think) and played his first game in quite a while against Villa.

Guest The Real Deal

Im going to start a new Aston Villa game. I've got around £5 million to spend and I want to bring in round 3 players.

1- Defender DL / DR

1 - Midfielder - Any position

1 - Striker

Needs to meet my budget. If you have suggestions for freebie's then by all means tell me.

It seems that when you start as Chelsea, you don't have as much of a transfer budget than the computer-controlled Chelsea does. I've played as them a couple of times when I don't fancy a 'realistic' game, and I've been given about £20 million for transfers - but when I play as anyone else, they'll happily spend a shitload on Ronaldo and Alberto Luque (who always join them, no matter what) and a few other players, coming to an insane amount of money.

So yeah, in my limited experiance with them, you get a better than average budget, but still not as high as they do when you're not controlling them.

those 20M are just the money it says you have in the beggining of the game to spend in transfers. With your chairman being Abramovic the budget would increase after you had spent that. Every staff in the game has an attribute called resources. When they're the chairman that's what decides the willingness of throwing money away and into the club. I assume abramovic must have a 20 there, and so he'll allow you to keep the most of the transfer budget, to buy more players even after you spent it. It's also most likely that they would accept to increase the transfer funds when you ask for it.