Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The name you'd just searched for is far more interesting.

:wub:

Arsenal always seem to get big wins when I play, in my Villa game they got a 7-0 win over Norwich on the opening day, then beat Spurs 4-0 away. Mind you, they lost the Charity Shield 2-0.

Hmm, I'm looking for a specific challenge...

I need a team that:

- Is in a country that gets allocated places in European football, but isn't English

- Has a team that, currently, doesn't have a hope in hell of winning the league

- Has a fair amount of money (enough to not be in debt), but not much of a transfer budget

I can't seem to get into a game lately, and those are the games I usually really enjoy.

I've played as Southampton and Portsmouth, but England is too "meh", because it's difficult to picture Southampton or Pompey in Europe. So I need a team I don't know :P

Napoli would be a good bet for what youre asking. Not in debt, not much of a transfer budget, and no hope of winning the league. Its also fun playing as them when you consider they were giants in Italy between 87 and 90, with Maradona their star player. A chance to bring them back to the glory days is always fun.

I need a team that:

- Is in a country that gets allocated places in European football, but isn't English

- Has a fair amount of money (enough to not be in debt), but not much of a transfer budget

I can't seem to get into a game lately, and those are the games I usually really enjoy.

I've played as Southampton and Portsmouth, but England is too "meh", because it's difficult to picture Southampton or Pompey in Europe. So I need a team I don't know :P

Guest Mr McFarlane

I need a team that:

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

I've just set a transfer budget of £1.4million for the upcoming season, I already have about 4 players without definite replacements leaving on bossmans, fucking stupid board.

EDIT: Bwahaha, England finally won the Euro cup on penalties against France (5-4), but each team took 9 penalties each, with France obviously missing 5 and England 4.

What makes it slightly humourous is the injury of Chris Kirkland in the 36th minute, rather than replace him with the somewhat experienced Richard Wright, they brought on Ipswich keeper, Kelvin Davis, 1st cap, the final of the Euro Championships.....great idea (well, apparently so, he saved 5 penalties and won man of the match).

Edited by muddatrucker

Has anyone ever been Gretna? I read on sigames that they are Scotlands version of Chelski. How much cash do they have?

I'm currently playing as them. In the first season I think I had 5.5m to spend and a whopping wage budget. I can't remember how much it was but I was 140k under so needless to say, it's big. I spent 2.2m on transfers so in the second season I only had 2.6m left from the initial 5.5 m, the chairman didnt give me any more. He also cut the wage budget down to only 80k which I am 40k under. The problem is that with all the money going out there isnt much coming in because the players you do have don't sell for much and you get all of no income for the following reasons; small stadium with seemingly no fans (I had an average attendance of just 392 in the first season), small sponsorship income of 48k which you are locked into for 5 years and the fact that you are in Scotland which doesnt get much prize and TV money in the SPL let alone the lower leagues. The club made 1.1m in the first season but spent 4.4m so i'm worried about what will happen to my finances as I raise towards the SPL which btw is what you're expected to do within 3/4 seasons. On another game where I've advanced a few years into the game Gretna made it into the SPL after 4 seasons.

Like the article says though winning the third division is easy, I only got 89 points though as I can't seem to find a formation which produced real life Gretna peformances but still I won by some 17 points. Now to tackle Division 2 :)

Not sure whether this is own topic worthy so i'll stick it in here. There is a video about FM2006 on the SI website www.sigames.com It's still loading so i'm not sure what specific things are in it, I think they just mention new features. Looks like there will be more news on the site later so keep an eye on it :)

Hmmm i'm in two minds about this. At first it seems legit but then they go to sort out some box art and it turns out to be the farmer guy from their viral videos. It is then mentioned that not only will it be out for PC and Mac but also PSP which I find hard to believe. But still if it does come out for PSP...wow.

Edited by King Ellis

FM06 really sounds like its going to be great. Some of the features were announced recently, and these are my faves of the bunch:

Half-time team talks add the ability to tell your players individually or collectively exactly what you thought of their first half performance, via the tactics screen. Will you be able to keep your players motivated, or will you cause a collapse in the second half?

Another welcome feature is the ability to manage players on a personal level. Unhappy players can cause huge morale problems for the whole squad and result in bad performances, so the new Player Interaction feature will help you to manage your team more closely.

What an afternoon, firstly we revealed an exclusive video with Miles hunting for FM2006 packtalent. Then we announced FM2006 would be coming out with a mass of new features and that it would be available on the PSP

Fucking yes, FM2006 on PSP will own.

Yay, hype for FM 2006 is already beginning! He he.

They have to add some more media interaction for international managers. The only thing you can really do is comment on when a player refuses a call-up, which gets repetetive. They should add something for after you name your squad, and you've named a bunch of un-capped players, and you explain why you've selected them or something. Also, I wanna tell Jamers Beattie to leave Everton coz they're in the Championship, so he ain't gonna be playing for England while he's down there.