Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, incase anyone is interested in what happened with my Wolves diary/game, I thought I'd update you with how my season ended up.

Took over in January 20th placed, finished 3rd and got to the FA Cup final with Liverpool. I won the play-offs, beating Leiecester 3-2 in the final. Lost 2-0 to Premiership winners Liverpool, but I've qualified for the UEFA CUp, so I'm happy.

I've got Emanuel Olisidebe coming in from Millwall for £325k, as well as (if the work-permit goes through) Ariel Ortega on a free transfer, and a couple of other players. Hopefully I won't get mauled in the Premiership. :)

I've started a new game in the Reily supplied EWB universe. I of course chose Gretna and promptly signed Myself, Dragsy, Summers, Reily, Tafka, Kou, Aftershock and Dane Bramage (Stokerino went to Wolfsburg :(). I also signed Maurice Ross to make the chairman happy. Beat St Johnstone 2-0 in the cup after a Kou inspired peformance (MOTM, 1 assist, 1 half assist) and beat Stenhousemuir in the leage 2-0 (Dan scored :))

Edited by King Ellis

Started playing as Newcastle. Not having too much luck in the transfer market. Have signed Walton for the future, and I do have a deal in place for Jagielka, but Bierofka opted to move elsewhere, Chelsea have dismissed my enquiries for Geremi and Huth, and they want WAY too much for Gudjohnsen. I can't land Pandiani either.

Started playing as Newcastle. Not having too much luck in the transfer market. Have signed Walton for the future, and I do have a deal in place for Jagielka, but Bierofka opted to move elsewhere, Chelsea have dismissed my enquiries for Geremi and Huth, and they want WAY too much for Gudjohnsen. I can't land Pandiani either.

Motherfucker, one of my players just got sent off after 30 seconds. He fouled someone and the ref gave a free kick. He complains to the ref so the ref lectures him. 2 more of my players join him in complaing so the ref books two of them. Then he goes and complains again and gets sent off! Why? Why complain 3 times. I hate this game sometimes <_<

Motherfucker, one of my players just got sent off after 30 seconds. He fouled someone and the ref gave a free kick. He complains to the ref so the ref lectures him. 2 more of my players join him in complaing so the ref books two of them. Then he goes and complains again and gets sent off! Why? Why complain 3 times. I hate this game sometimes  <_<

Cheers for the advice Raw. I actually had Adu arriving in the transfer window, and I have Mokoena and Vanden Borre in my shortlist, but I'll check the other one out.

Landed Gudjohnsen, hopefully a Gudjohnsen/Shearer partnership will work out.

Realised I'm a bit top heavy in midfield, but I can't choose which ones to keep! I've got Ambrose, Dyer, Butt, Robert, Jenas, Milner, Faye and N-zogbia all in contention, with Walton coming through. I even think I left someone out...

Thanks for the advice! I have spent most of my budget on Gudjohnsen though (6 goals in 5 games so far though). If and when I get any more money, I have a shortlist as long as.....a really big long thing......I have tonnes of targets.

And Titus Bramble has talked himself into getting transfered, I signed Jagielka, and he made comments to the press about their being too much compeition for places. I said there couldn't be too much competition for places, then me moaned to the press again about the squad being too big, and that we didn't need to sign anymore players. Twat.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Don't you just love it when you make a player? I signed Fernando from Real Betis on an unprotected when I first took the Spurs job and his stats were pretty good, but due to surrounding him with the right players, he's turned into something quite brilliant plaguing interest from teams that would never have noticed him, its great.

I've nearly gotten rid of all the players that were there when I took the job, when renewing contracts came around, I didn't offer several regulars anything due to plans to replace them, so they're all going and I don't have the transfer kitty to bring in new faces, whoopsy.

I'm battling for 2nd place though, which is an improvement compared to relegation last season.

I really want to re-build Newcastle, but I'm over the wage budget, and I dont have much left for transfers. There are a lot of players I could live without, if I got decent money for them, Bramble, Elliott, Dyer, Faye, Ameobi, N'Zogbia just to name a few. Hell, even guys I tend to play like Bowyer and Robert could go if I had a replacement.

I'm into mid November, and we seem to have lost that edge. Games don't seem as easy as they once did, and whilst we are by no means conceding a lot of goals, we are letting more in than we once did.

Well, after guiding my Wolves team to promotion, I was somehow given a £12m transfer kitty. So what'd I do; I spent it all :D

I signed:

Chris Riggott for £6m

Julio Arca for £5m

Jermaine Pennant for £2.5m

Billy Jones for £1.5m

and a bunch of unimportant youth players.

So my team now looks like this:

GK: Paddy Kenny/Kasper Schmeichal (on loan)

RB: Mark Delaney/Billy Jones

LB: Julio Arca

CB: Joleon Lescott

CB: Chris Riggott

RM: Jermaine Pennant

LM: Alex

CM: David Vaughan

CM: Florian Kringe

ST: Nathan Ellington/Craig Bellamy/Emmanuelle Olisidebe

ST: Kenny Miller/Ariel Ortega

After five games, I sit 16th in the league table. Not to bad I say so far. I just lost 6-0 to Arsenal mind you, so that's not a good sign. Alex has been my best player so far, he's been getting 8's or 9's in every game.

It's gone January 1st, meaning its time to see who I can steal for free in the summer! And with only £1.5M transfer budget remaining, I'm gonna need it.

Had a look at Bosmans (not offered nay contracts yet), these caught my eye, what do you gusy think/recommend?

De Sanctis, Van Der Sar, Jorg-Butt (all goalkeepers), Agathe, Addo, Giovanni. There was also a guy called Nonda, who seems to be playing well, I may go for him.

Also, any tips on who is generally available on bosmans yr. 1 would be great.

And despite offering Bramble, N'Zogbia and McClen to about every club in the game, no-one wants them......

Edited by timmayy

It's gone January 1st, meaning its time to see who I can steal for free in the summer! And with only £1.5M transfer budget remaining, I'm gonna need it.

Had a look at Bosmans (not offered nay contracts yet), these caught my eye, what do you gusy think/recommend?

De Sanctis, Van Der Sar, Jorg-Butt (all goalkeepers), Agathe, Addo, Giovanni. There was also a guy called Nonda, who seems to be playing well, I may go for him.

Also, any tips on who is generally available on bosmans yr. 1 would be great.

And despite offering Bramble, N'Zogbia and McClen to about every club in the game, no-one wants them......

It doesn't really matter now. It was Giovanni, the Brazilian at one of the Greek clubs, and I forget Addo's first name, it was the midfielder at Dortmund. On an other note, Eric Addo, the centre back looks good.

I sold Faye (for funds more than anything), and I'm on the lookout for a cheap Defensive Midfielder as cover for Butt.

TBH, if it meant me either getting some of my transfer targets, or having more cash to persue them, nearly all my first-team midfielders (Dyer, Jenas and Robert) could go. I want to keep Butt and Ambrose.

And I am really trying like hell to get shut of Bramble and N'Zogbia, but everyone else seems wise to the bastards......