Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

i have 8 games left in my first season as spurs I am in 5th 3 points off arsenal and villa but i doubt ill catch them up as i have got 4 tough games coming up including arsenal and aston villa. At the moment though I downloaded the legends patch but I am adding in more players and players that are towards there endof careers im restoring to their prime its taking along while only done 20 players so far!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had to uninstall then instal again. Spent 2 hours + editing which league teams started in, used Sky Sports website to edit every premiership transfer this summer (and the obvious ones from before) and the major Championship moves.

Started as Charlton. Lost 3-0 to Arsenal, then beat Bolton 2-1. Thing is, now its up to date, I feel like starting with everyone! It's just the idea of seeing the new signings for the new clubs, and maybe not having as many area's to improve squads in as there was before. I could seriously see me starting tonnes of games this week - though that would mean I've wasted almost 3 1/2 hours on my Charlton game for nothing.

Guest PlagueUK

Lol I just had the greatest red card of all time. Giggs gets tackled then my new signing Seb Deisler punches another player not even involved in the tackle. Straight red lol

So I have been playing FM for about a week now almost I think and am loving it. But just out of curiosity how do you set up your leagues when you start a game. I tried picking all of the countries/leagues and lets just say I never got to the game so had to get out of the game because it was taking forever to load...figures. So I was wondering how many countries/leagues do you choose when playing and do you choose certain countries to go along with a game your playing like say you are playing as a team in China or something would you pick all the other Asian leagues to go with it?

Whatever you like. The leagues you tick will be the ones the will complete seasons wth promotions and relegations and the like.

I pick the top division from about 7 countries. Then have all leagues down to the Conference in England where I play.

I have England down to the conference, then the top league's in Italy, Spain, France and Scotland (only cos of its proximity to England). I could have an other one in there too I suppose (probably Germany if I did) without compromising game speed, but I never seem to.

Lately I've gotten into the habit of playing with numerous European countries active. I think I'm currently stuck at 21 countries with mostly just the highest leagues, except for France, Germany, England, Spain, and Italy where I have all the leagues active. Oh and Serbia and Montenegro because for some reason you can't just choose the first league, you have to choose the second as well.

Wouldn't it make sense to wait till the end of the transfer window?

Maybe, but I wanna play now...:pinch:

It would be fairly pointless to realease updates now if you think about it as everything is constantly changing with transfers and what not. Unfortunately that means an update isn't going to be 'final' till September 1st.

I've recently started playing FM again, made myself a team in the Conference North. Thanks to some nice cup draws, specifically Chelsea away made my finances extremely secure. In the first season we gained promotion via the playoffs, second season we were expected to go down but we were flirting with the playoffs most of the season but didn't have the legs to go up. Third season started off pretty badly, we were around the lower regions of the table but managed to claw our way back into mid table. Mid season I started shouting a few players, bringing in some new players and it led to a magnificent run in which pushed us into the playoffs in which were victorious. :D Adam Birchall has been on a virtual perma loan, he's now back for a 4th season as we head into League 2. Has scored 64 goals in 128 games but doesn't think I can afford his wages so he's not joining permanently. He and Kevin Braniff who joined in season 3 will spear us on. Braniff really revitalised us in season 3 scoring 20 in 24 league games. I don't have much off a wage budget and can only offer 1k a week maximum so it's had to attract new players. More loan signings I suppose.

Guest LucaIII

I've had the game since the launch but was never able to get the patches (bad dial-up) Just got it and have spent my day off work updating the premiership and european transfer that have happened this summer. Took a while but definetly worth it. Although probably get 2006 as soon as it is released (for PSP) thus undoing my hard work. <_<

I've recently started playing FM again, made myself a team in the Conference North.

Hmm, sounds like a plan. Did you add a couple of players to the team, or sign them all once the game had started?

I signed them once it started. I originally started on a small database but there is only 1 guy availible so I ended upping it to Large where more people are availible. I'm glad SI are adding 'virtual players' to give lower league players some people to sign, kinda like on EWR when not enough people are in the database at the start so it adds more.

How does the Liverpool scenario work on FM?

With two games to go I'm going to finish 5th in the Premiership definately. 7 points behind 4th and 10 clear of 6th. It's part of the price I've paid by resting my main players for the game before a vital cup match. ON the plus side of got the European Cup Final to come against Barca. I'm doubting that I'll win but just in case, what is the way the game resolves this incident?