Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

Guest Red Devil

I've started a game as Wigan in the new FMFinaland update. Should be a challenge becuase they have very few Premeirship class talent. Bought a few people in including Sanitiago Ezquero from Barcelona for a couple of Million that should hopefully get me a few goals.

I'm sitting 15th with 8 matches gone. I've played the top 3 teams so hopefully I can survive!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've started a game as Wigan in the new FMFinaland update. Should be a challenge becuase they have very few Premeirship class talent. Bought a few people in including Sanitiago Ezquero from Barcelona for a couple of Million that should hopefully get me a few goals.

I'm sitting 15th with 8 matches gone. I've played the top 3 teams so hopefully I can survive!

Right here's the story. My computer recently crashed so I had to get it fixed. Now that it's back I've had to install everything back on it including Footballl Manager 2005, but when I go to start a new game it keeps on shutting down and going back to my start up window. What is causing this to happen and is there anyway to fix this?

BTW I'm using Patch 5.0.2

Thanks J-Rod

I'm annoyed. Weeks after finalising my Sevilla back-line to near-perfect proportions, I get a £10.75m bid for my first-choice 'keeper Sebastien Saja. I was going to dismiss it off hand, but soon realised that I couldn't; fucker had a minimum-fee-release clause that I didn't know was so low. So I immedietly praise him and try to offer him a brand new contract with a £8,000 pay increase, but no cigar and he signs for Betis.

Thankfully my back-up 'keeper Esteban is very good (won First Division Goalkeeper of the Year the season before), so that softens the blow, but the fact I had JUST sorted my back-line out weeks before is what annoys me.

For those interested, this is my team (* = in total including money over time):

GK: Esteban

RB: John Heitinga (£5m from Ajax)

LB: Asier del Horno (£17m* from Athletico Madrid)

CB: Roberto Ayala (£13m* from Valencia)

CB: Marchena (£20m from Valencia)

RM: Stefano Fiore (£7m* from Valencia)

LM: Bolo Zenden (free from Middlesbrough)

CM: Mark van Bommel (free from PSV)

CM: Julio Baptista

ST: Akin Serhat (free from Fernebache)

ST: Antonito

I also have:

Traianos Dellas (free from Roma)

Hernan Crespo (free from Chelsea)

Jesuli

Fernando Sales

Anthony Vanden Borre (£700k from Anderlecht)

Adriano

So, my team looks great on paper, and I also have Michael Rensing, Cesc Fabregas and Jonathan Woodgate coming in over the next 6 months, so my team is going to look really good. Mind you, I'm 9th right now, which sucks.

My Current Wigan Squad

GK- Jan Lastuvka

RB- John Heitinga

CB- Jacques Faty

CB- Michael Dawson

LB- Leighton Baines

DMC- Sunday Oliseh

ML- Jonathan Blondel

MC- David Bystron

MR- Fabrice Fernandez

AMC- Niko Kranjcar

ST- Nathan Ellington

Bench

GK- Karim Zaza

RB- Tomasz Waldoch

DMRC- Mark Wilson

AMRC- Kevin Thomson

ST- Derek Riordan

Guest Zeokage

There's probably a really easy answer to these questions, but I haven't found it anywhere that I can access without having to sign up to another forum. I'm not that good at searching which probably makes it even worse...

I've played CM3 and CM00/01, and each time I did multiple careers at the same time, one time even playing 8 at the same time. Luckily it never got boring, unluckily the game crashed and I couldn't recover it. Is there a disadvantage from playing multiple careers now?

I read almost all the posts (37 pages) in this thread and I think only one person talked about doing a multiple career game, with 2 teams. I also saw that someone had personal language skills which I don't remember being in the older games. Is it possible for one manager to be able to go from say, managing in Japan to managing in England without any problems? I didn't think it was possible in the older games hence the multiple careers.

Also, I haven't been able to find a list of leagues playable anywhere. I had wanted to play a multiple career game and choose the teams before even getting the game as I would take ages choosing once I finally get it. Is there a list anywhere?

Finally, would it be better to wait for FM2006 (can't remember the release date) or get FM2005 as most, if not all, the bugs have been fixed?

I read almost all the posts (37 pages) in this thread and I think only one person talked about doing a multiple career game, with 2 teams. I also saw that someone had personal language skills which I don't remember being in the older games. Is it possible for one manager to be able to go from say, managing in Japan to managing in England without any problems? I didn't think it was possible in the older games hence the multiple careers.

Guest Zeokage

Managing in Japan etc (ie: club). Problems could involve a club not taking you because you officially can't speak the language. I don't know what stats you get as a manager now so this is just going from stuff read here.

From reading the thread I had visions of having 3-5 simultaneous careers starting unemployed in different countries and seeing what happens.

Managing in Japan etc (ie: club). Problems could involve a club not taking you because you officially can't speak the language. I don't know what stats you get as a manager now so this is just going from stuff read here.

From reading the thread I had visions of having 3-5 simultaneous careers starting unemployed in different countries and seeing what happens.

Guest Zeokage

Thanks for the info. Knowing me I'll probably still do the multiple career thing though. So you don't have to keep explaining things, is there anywhere I can read about this in depth? Maybe find out the answers to the other questions? (Without having to sign up to another set of forums)

They won't care what your nationality is and what languages you speak as long as you have good reputation in that country.

I thought it did matter what nationality you were. Especially for international management.

For example, if two managers who were fairly close in terms of stats applied for the England job, but one was Spanish and one was English, the Englishman would get the job. They'd only consider the Spaniard if he was obviously a lot better.

Just had an idea... What about using .edt files to swap all the English leagues around, so that the Premiership teams play in Conference South, Championship teams in Conference North, League one in Conf. National, and so on, up to Conference South teams being in the Premiership. Obviously it won't work exactly, due to the different amount of teams, but filling in the gaps sensibly, it'd be cool.

I mean, think about it. European games interfering with Conference South fixtures would be fun... and Season Two/Three's Conference National would be badass, with the best Championship and Premiership teams meeting in it. Premiership quality teams seeping into Non-League football (*someone* has to be relegated, after all...). Chelsea with millions of pounds but no European football for a minimum of six seasons, thus most players will want to leave and nobody good will want to join... Ticket sales plummet for the old Prem teams, and rocket for the new Prem teams, who also get loads of TV money so will be able to pay off debts. Semi-Pro non-leaguers qualifying for the group stage of the Champions League... (*someone* has to win the Premiership...).

It'd be interesting to see how many of the new Premiership teams can survive there with the new cash injections, and how many new Conference South teams actually get back to their 'rightful' place.

If I could work out how to do the necessary SWAP_TEAM's I'd do a diary on it... Hint, Hint. :/

Edited by TheReilDeal

It was always possible to go from a national team to another. I don't see where's the problem. I remember in one of the CM3's having a really long career. During that career i've managed Mexico twice, Norway twice, France, Belgium and Italy once. I always changed teams through applying and never created new managers or multiple careers. You CAN change national teams during your game.

I think he meant managing IN Japan, to managing IN England. I.e, go from managing Osaka to managing Arsenal. That's possible too, I've done it loads, as have loads of other teams.

Oh, and I just spent an hour making the Swap file, only to find that they were taken out with patch 5.0.5,

If there was a PissedOffOMeter in existance, I'd probably have broken it.