Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

Guest Thomas Jefferson

I started with New England in MLS. I tried to sign some players but the method is totally different. I have to exhange one of my payers and there is something about a draft pick?

Help, anyone.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

2 teams own a player, he'll be at the team that paid half for him, basically at the end of the season you'll both get the opportunity to bid for the other half, or postpone the decision for the next season.

Whoever bids the most gets the player. This only happens in Italy on FM.

If you're not in italy and are trying to sign a co-owned player you have to negotiate a fee with both clubs. Basically you'll probably end up paying through the ass for him.

My Spurs side are looking good now in their 3rd season here is the squad including some of my stars of the reserves and u'18's.

GKs - Jan Lastuvka, Carlos Cudicini, Scott Carson

Defence - Mbeuleo Mabizela, Timothee Atouba, Anthony Gardner, Ledley King, Michael Dawson, Anthony Vanden Borre, Tomas Hubschman, Matias Lequi, Ian Murray, Rodrigo Defendi

Midfield - Sean Davis, Freddy Guarin, Simon Davies, Daniel Astori, Robert Pires, Mario Alberto Santana, Michael Brown, Juan Sebastian Veron, Ariel Ortega, Bernd Schneider, Andy Reid, Rohan Reckitts, Michael Carrick, Johnnie Jackson, Wouter Vandiermeiren.

Forwards - Robbie Keane, Jermain Defoe, Freddy Kanoute, Robinho, Claudio Lopez, Hernando Crespo, Antonio Cassano, Daniel Fredheim Holm, Giorginio Boateng, Freddy Adu, Alejandro Sahchez Fernandez, Ryan Jarvis.

Although some of these players are going to be leaving like - Murray, Reckitts, Carrick, Jackson, Crespo, Ortega and Keane probably going in the transfer window as their either unhappy or listed.

When editing stuff in FM you have to be really careful about a lot of things, otherwise some leagues may even not run after you did the changes. Just as an example, Imagine an Assistant Manager of a team, than starts a job as Manager at another. If you tried to change that by only changing it to the other team, that league probably won't run, because that "person" will be as assistant manager in one team and Manager in the other. The manager must be taken off his former job first and only then, put on the new job.

I know you didn't ask anything like this, but it's just a warning for those that edit their databases. Now in your case, a few questions..

Did you save it? probably yeah, but better to run all the possibilities first.

Did you start with a huge database and/or select the league from your created player's country? this, in case you didn't give him much reputation and created him as a free agent.

Did you add him to a Team that has a B-Team and yet put him on the reserve team while adding him? Not likely, but if you did that, he won't appear because teams who have B-teams don't have reserve teams.

Any info on what you did to create him, incase none of the above apply?

Added him to the a Conference South team, saved the database etc. Started with a medium database and all the right leagues selected.

I've done exactly the same before and it's worked, I can't remember doing anything different.

I ask because I want to do another 'Grass Roots'-esque diary, and was just mucking around to see how feasible it would be.

Added him to the a Conference South team, saved the database etc.  Started with a medium database and all the right leagues selected.

I've done exactly the same before and it's worked, I can't remember doing anything different.

I ask because I want to do another 'Grass Roots'-esque diary, and was just mucking around to see how feasible it would be.

Oh yeah, Grass Roots... I was going to ressurect that with less-frequent (game-time) updates, maybe bi-monthly or quarterly. But if you're doing it I won't bother.

My only advice is, don't do monthly updates. Fuck all changes for 90% of the players :P

You'd still need to check the game monthly though, if you're keeping up to date with their appearances/goals.

Basically what I did, was went on holiday, coming back on the first of every month. Then noted how many appearances/goals/etc in each competition they'd had, then took that away from last months to get this months totals. Then just wrote up stuff about how they'd got on (using the change in average performances to tell if they did well or not as well, unless of course they hadn't played any games).

The only flaw was, unless a player got signed by a better team, bugger all inevitably happened.

Also, you can't view the match results from the Fixtures screen (you can obviously see what the score was, but not who scored, etc) for any matches below League Two, other than Cup Matches. So most of the updates were pretty much bullshit about how the player was doing, backed up by a few stats :P

Not trying to tell you how to do your diary btw, just telling you how I did mine :)

I might try a diary in the mould of your average Diary Dome diary, whereby someone wins the lottery, several times, and buys their way into the Conference South. So you have an Aldershot-like team, with an Abramovich-like bank balance.

The only problem is, I'm so bad at FM, I'd probably STILL get fired :(

Edited by TheReilDeal

Started a new game as Man City, with an update from thedugout.net accurate to the 27th of July, meaning no SWP. I'm 3rd after 8 games, the only "big" teams I've played are Liverpool (0-0 at home) and Man Utd (won 4-2 away!).

My team looks like this:

GK: James

DR: Sun Jihai

DL: Warnock (£400,000 from Liverpool)

DC: Sommeil

DC: Distin

MR: Sinclair/Georgiadis (Free transfer)

ML: Musampa/Sinclair

MC: Bowyer (£1,500,000 from Newcastle)

MC: Barton/Reyna

FC: Andy Cole/Fowler

FC: Benni McCarthy (£1,100,000 from Porto)

McCarthy has been a fucking bargain, as has Georgiadis. Hoping to cement a midtable place, then bring in some more players, as my squad is pretty thin.

EDIT: Robbie Fowler is back in the England squad?! Jesus.

Edited by fineintent