Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The game doesn't seem to have acknowledged that Boro are now a decent top-6 team.  Everytime game I play, there in the relegation scrap.

Yeah, I noticed that.

Also, Man U are always unstoppable in my game it seems, even though nowadays, they struggle as much as ever.

Oh well, with my Wigan team, I've bought in Karbassiyoon (sp?), getting John Otsemobor, Alexis Niclas, Rob Hulse, and Henri Camara next year, after his loan at Celtic. Oh, and Freddy Adu.

I just had the greatest FM Match ever.

Bradford City 4 - 5 Sheff Wednesday

It was insane. They were playing 4-2-4, I was playing 4-5-1 (with the wingers and the two outside central midfielders running up), and we were both attacking the shit out of each other and saying "fuck defending". It was like playing in Scotland :shifty:

I never went behind the whole game, but they kept coming back, until I went 5-3 up, but they still pulled one back in the 90th minute.

...but now I just accepted the Bognor Regis job :P

My last game went Swansea 3-4 Wigan

It was 0-0 till the 80th minute, I scored, they scored, I scored, they scored, and it went through to extra time. They scored, then I scored, and then the winning goal went in after half time of extra time.

More exciting then Reily :P

If you have one good coach on a schedule, and you add a really crappy coach to it, will the crappy coach's crappyness make it worse, or will having two coaches be better than one even though one sucks?

Bwaha, ph34r my Bognor Regis strikeforce: Tommi Petrescu (loaned in from Leicester) and Ruel Fox (remember him?) :P

Stefen Schwarz is on my coaching staff, too :P

Edited by TheReilDeal

Guest MystikalityIX

I'll post my Wednesday team later, we've hit an off period at the moment, a couple of defenders are injured and we're conceding more goals then we should be :(. I went unbeaten for the first 11 games of the season, until we drew Villa in the League Cup 3rd round. We went 1-0 up in the 60th minute and then they equalized in the 90th. Then they scored another two in extra time :crying:.

Has anyone else noticed the drop-down menu in the top-right of the Lineups screen, the first screen that comes up when you're about to start a match?

There's some pretty cool stuff in there. I only just noticed it :)

:blink: Damn, you're right! That one just went completely under the radar.

The goalscorers bit is cool, but the TV Info bit rocks:

Match Odds Chelsea 6-4 (Fav). Draw 2-1. FC Bayern 13-8

Key Man (Chelsea) Mateja Kezman - The striker has scored 36 goals in 40 games this season.

Key Man (FC Bayern) Lúcio - FC Bayern Munchen have only conceeded 17 goals in the 32 games the worldclass centre-back has played in.

Skysports.com's Prediction - A draw on the cards in this game as I can see Chelsea and FC Bayern cancelling each other out. Not one for the neutral in my opinion.

I shall return to prove/disprove this prediction shortly. :shifty:

My Bognor side can't seem to string two wins together.

We're not doing badly, but we're extremely inconsistent.

When we attack, we're DEVESTATING. I really think League One sides would struggle to cope with us going forward at the moment. But we suck in defence.

Most games start off with us getting a 2 or 3 goal lead, then pissing it away in the second half when our midfield/forwards get tired :(

But yeah, we're hovering around the 20th-18th now, which is considerable better than when I took over (rock bottom (no pun intended :shifty:) and nine points adrift), but if we're going to survive we need to do better than our current form: WLWDWDLDWD.

Can anyone reccomend a solid central defender, preferably one with a hint of influence, who'd agree to be loaned out to a 'no-hoper' Conference South side? The rest of Conf. South seem to be able to attract loanees from high-Champ/low-Prem sides, but we can't even get a loanee from League One :( (that's not quite true, we've got Trevor Robinson from Millwall, and he's owning the left flank, but we need a defender badly).

Edit: Bwaha. They must've heard my criticism. Promotion contenders Basingstoke would've had seven wins in a row if I didn't beat them 3-0 :P

Edit2: Uhhh..stokie...did FM just predict a 2-1 draw, or did I read that wrong :P

Edited by TheReilDeal

Well, the prediction was half right...

...Take Lúcio out of the equation and we rule SUPREME!!!* MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!

* - Ignoring that the last 10 minutes were damn frantic with both Deisler and Zé Roberto scraping the ball just wide of the post :shifty:

My Bognor side can't seem to string two wins together.

We're not doing badly, but we're extremely inconsistent.

When we attack, we're DEVESTATING. I really think League One sides would struggle to cope with us going forward at the moment. But we suck in defence.

Most games start off with us getting a 2 or 3 goal lead, then pissing it away in the second half when our midfield/forwards get tired :(

But yeah, we're hovering around the 20th-18th now, which is considerable better than when I took over (rock bottom (no pun intended :shifty:) and nine points adrift), but if we're going to survive we need to do better than our current form: WLWDWDLDWD.

Can anyone reccomend a solid central defender, preferably one with a hint of influence, who'd agree to be loaned out to a 'no-hoper' Conference South side? The rest of Conf. South seem to be able to attract loanees from high-Champ/low-Prem sides, but we can't even get a loanee from League One :( (that's not quite true, we've got Trevor Robinson from Millwall, and he's owning the left flank, but we need a defender badly).

Has anyone else noticed the drop-down menu in the top-right of the Lineups screen, the first screen that comes up when you're about to start a match?

There's some pretty cool stuff in there. I only just noticed it :)

:blink: Damn, you're right! That one just went completely under the radar.

The goalscorers bit is cool, but the TV Info bit rocks:

Match Odds Chelsea 6-4 (Fav). Draw 2-1. FC Bayern 13-8

Key Man (Chelsea) Mateja Kezman - The striker has scored 36 goals in 40 games this season.

Key Man (FC Bayern) Lúcio - FC Bayern Munchen have only conceeded 17 goals in the 32 games the worldclass centre-back has played in.

Skysports.com's Prediction - A draw on the cards in this game as I can see Chelsea and FC Bayern cancelling each other out. Not one for the neutral in my opinion.

My man utd side just won the league for the 4th consecutive season. Did it easily for the first time, finished 10 clear of Arsenal. Although, due to playing in the World Club Championship and Super Cup get this for a schedule.

30th April - Tottenham (H) W 3-1

1st May - Liverpool (a) D 1-1

3rd May - Chelsea (a) D 1-1

4th May Man City (a) W 2-1

7th May - Roma (H) D 0-0

5 tough games in 8 days! And I thought getting through that unbeaten was awesome.

Anyway, we lost the Champiuons League final on penalties to Chelsea (would've been 3 CL titles in a row, bastards). Still got the FA Cup final to come against Liverpool. The FA Cup and League Cup are the only competitions ive been in that i haven't won. Got beat in the FA cup final in my 2nd season by Chelsea (On penalties no less).

So far in the game my team have acheived

Premiership (Winners) - 04/05, 05/06, 06/07, 07/08

Champions League (Winners) - 05/06, 06/07 (Runners Up) - 07/08

FA Cup (Runners Up) - 05/06

Super Cup (Winners) - 06/07, 07/08

World Club Championship (Winners) - 06/07, 07/08

Community Shield (Winners) - 05/06, 07/08 (Runners Up) - 04/05, 06/07

I just wanna get to the end of my current season so I can take my England side to the 2008 European Championships. Surprisingly, even though i'm winning everything, i'm still enjoying it. I find it a challenge to stay on top and i seem to be the only one looking forward to 2020 or so to see what type of team i've got.

Edited by Whisper in the Wind