Killzone ?

Docpepper

I jsut talked to a friend that has played it. he said its the best fps for the ps2. it has a few sound and graphical glitches but he said its still good. he's upset they didn't support the 56k users but they made up for it with offline multiplayer with the option of having a number of bots.

edit- the reason i think its gotten such low reviews si because the creators called it the halo killer before it was released and now that its out its no where near a halo killer

Edited by Dochappy

I played it at the store.

A little plain, very hard. Might rent it.

PSW magazine has been raving about it for months.

It looks gorgeous, very hard and is apparantly better than Halo in technical ability and some gameplay, but isn't as free roaming...And also isn't the one game on the platform that the platform relies on to sell consoles... :shifty:

Halo 2 or GTA: SA, Pro Evo 4, MGS3 & Killzone. I know which I prefer.

I haven't seen much about it but i've heard that it's the "Halo Killer" but it took the X-Box fans, what, 44544433445 years to come up with "It may be the Halo killer, but it's not a Halo 2 Killer. Lolz."

Anyways, it can't be the best first person shooter ever. Both that AND Halo, AND Halo 2 are a loooong way behind TimeSplitters 2.

I haven't seen much about it but i've heard that it's the "Halo Killer" but it took the X-Box fans, what, 44544433445 years to come up with "It may be the Halo killer, but it's not a Halo 2 Killer. Lolz."

Anyways, it can't be the best first person shooter ever. Both that AND Halo, AND Halo 2 are a loooong way behind TimeSplitters 2.

You're not serious about Timesplitters are you?

Unreal Tournament whatever-year-it-is, currently 2004 kicks all their asses.

The graphics are fantastic. OK, the cartoonish style isn't to everyone's taste, but there's no way they're bad looking. The controls are virtually identical across most FPS games, there's nothing wrong with TS2's controls. I find them to be very responsive. There's no gimmick, it's just an original innovative breath of life into what had become the most stale gaming genre ever.

Oh, and it's stood the test of time, too. Unlike msot other multiplayer FPS games. If I have mates round and get the playstation out, there's no need to ask which game to play. After 2 or 3 years, however long it was since release, we STILL have massive laugh playing it, it never gets old.

Online does very little for me. I'd rather be in a room with a bunch of people I know having a laugh. And if you're on about UT, then you're talking PC, yeah? PC FPS is almost a diferent genre to console FPS, PC gave birth to the FPS, the games were designed for keyoard/mouse control.

And no, not all games stand the test of time between friends. The Smackdown series, FIFA, SSX3 (great one player though), Tony Hawk's Pro skater series all get boring incredibly quickly compared to the longevity I've found in TS2.

You couldn't play online when TS2 was released could you?

Please, Apple Shampoo, wait outside in the corridor and remain silent. You suck :P.

Personally, i loved every minute of TimeSplitters 2, you could create your own levels and everything, and i still didn't complete it either. It had a good idea that it revolved around and it wasn't just a tournament, it was an actual game with a purpose.

And does anyone realise that TS2 and Second Sight are made by the same company, they used the exact same bit when Harry Tipper breaks off the laser bed holder thingy and when the main character does. Brings back memories.

Finally, i have this to say about TS2, there are no cheats, making it much funner.

Oh, and Robofish rules.