Dumb enough to buy Ashlee Simpson's CD?

Lord Nibbler

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/4016481.stm

:D

A US pressure group is offering music fans the chance to trade in copies of singer Ashlee Simpson's album for "one of a higher entertainment quality".

Fans can bring the CD to a New York venue and exchange it for one by Elvis Costello, The Ramones, Ray Charles, Aretha Franklin or others.

The stunt is being held by a group calling itself Horrified Observers of Pedestrian Entertainment (Hope).

Simpson recently sparked a furore when she was found to be miming on TV.

She fled from the stage of Saturday Night Live after a guide track she was using started without her. The singer later said she had been suffering from a sore throat and was using the tape to reinforce her voice.

Hope has targeted the film Taxi, with members approaching movie-goers in queues outside cinemas "to alert patrons that it is substandard fare".

The group has also demonstrated against celebrity socialite Paris Hilton, at a Los Angeles signing event for her book Confessions of an Heiress.

Members carried placards with slogans such as "Why are you famous?" and "You can't buy brain cells".

HOPE might be the best group to come around in a while. They are trying to help stupid people stop watching/listening/seeing horrible entertainment. I applaud their efforts.

Ashley Simpson and Paris Hilton are trashy, and not in a good way either.

Did you guys know that Ashlee Simpson's nose had an uncredited cameo as a shark fin in Open Water earlier this year?

You won't find that kind of news on IMDB....that's a Numbahs exclusive.  :thumbsup:

Well that explains why the movie was so terrible!

Edited by TheROC-Revolt

My mom loves Ashlee Simpson.....

She sings in the car whenever it's on the radio... thus why i have resorted to heading to the heavy metal stations... only one in the entire Southwest Virginia area...

"On a monday, I am waiting, on a tuesday, I am fading.."

She's hot.... but geez i really hate that...