Someone help me out!

Hellfire

Alright, here is my predicament. I have 70.00 to spend on movies, and can't think of anything else that I want at the moment. This is where I need help. I'd like to get another movie or two that I haven't seen before, something different, but it has to have a couple things.

First, I want it to have action. I hate drama's and stuff, I like to be entertained by movies, not have to think the entire time. A little is good, but not for the whole movie. Also, I dont really like horror that much, so don't put any please. Other than that, just suggest them and I'll check it out. Thanks a bunch.

Movies That I'm Already Buying:

Ichi the Killer (Unrated Edition) (2001) - $19.96

Man on Fire (2004) - $5.00 [used]

Pulp Fiction (Collector's Edition) (1994) - $22.49

Jackie Brown (Collector's Edition) (1997) - $8.75

Personally I'd have thought Ichi the Killer counted as horror...well, vaguely in a fucked up psychological kind of horror, but still.

What, you want a constructive suggestion? Sorry, my tastes are too sappy. :P

Edited by stokeriño

Gangster No. 1 with Malcolm McDowell, Paul Bettany, and David Thewlis. Underrated British mob flick.

Ronin and Spartan. The former stars Robert DeNiro, Sean Bean, and others while the latter has Val Kilmer as a kick-ass Secret Service agent. Both are about covert ops and are both smart and tense, a rare combo in these days of dull explosions and lame, hackneyed dialogue.

That's all I got off the top of my head.

Hope that helps,

TheRay

Edited by TheRaySays

I'd suggest Donnie Darko, but that basically has no action, and requires you to think about the movie even when the movie has finished.

Umm, if you like fucked up movies, perhaps Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas?

i own Ronin, The Punisher and Reservoir Dogs and enjoyed them all. I'm gonna check out the rest of the stuff that you guys suggested. Thanks a lot :thumbsup:

Get an urban flick like Boyz in tha Hood. I haven't seen it myself, so in the event that you pick it up, you can tell me what it's like :thumbsup:

Guest Ringmaster

I can't stand Ichi The Killer, but if you do, you should definetely check out the Dead or Alive trilogy. It's also made by Takeshi Miike, and it's pretty much like Ichi, minuse the psychoanalytical bullshit you kids don't like. I'm not a big fan of it, but it's action packed, full of violence and it's even gross sex wise. The first one is probably the best one, although the others aren't so bad themselves.

You could also check out Visitor Q, The City of Lost Souls or Audition (IMO, his best movie), but they're all much more psychological.

I also see that you have two Tarrantion films, so I'm gonna assume you saw Kill Bill? You should check out the movie where Tarantino got most his inspiration for part I. It's called Thriller: A Cruel Picture, but it's also known as They Call Her One-Eye, or Hooker's Revenge. It's extremely similar to the Bride's quest, in that it's a woman who gets gang-raped (most. disgusting. rape scene. ever.) and then seeks out revenge against all the men who did her wrong, killing them off one by one. It's extremely graphic and probably one of the sickest things I've ever seen, but you can really see how it influenced Tarrantino. That, and if you love that kind of shit, this is the movie for you.

Hope this helps.

Definitely gotta get 25th Hour with Barry Pepper, Ed Norton, Rosario Dawson and Anna Paquin. It's a really good movie about the last day in a man's life before he heads to prison. A movie that I call probably my favorite.

Also, I just saw the movie last night, but it was surprisingly good, which is Never Die Alone. It has DMX and David Arquette in it, but it's a really good movie and surprised the hell out of me with how good it was. Maybe it was just me and my liking to gritty movies like that, but it was good.

And yeah, just got done watchin' Spartan and it was cool, especially digging the quote from Leonidus from Sparta.

I can't stand Ichi The Killer, but if you do, you should definetely check out the Dead or Alive trilogy. It's also made by Takeshi Miike, and it's pretty much like Ichi, minuse the psychoanalytical bullshit you kids don't like. I'm not a big fan of it, but it's action packed, full of violence and it's even gross sex wise.  The first one is probably the best one, although the others aren't so bad themselves.

You could also check out Visitor Q, The City of Lost Souls or Audition (IMO, his best movie), but they're all much more psychological.

I also see that you have two Tarrantion films, so I'm gonna assume you saw Kill Bill? You should check out the movie where Tarantino got most his inspiration for part I. It's called Thriller: A Cruel Picture, but it's also known as They Call Her One-Eye, or Hooker's Revenge. It's extremely similar to the Bride's quest, in that it's a woman who gets gang-raped (most. disgusting. rape scene. ever.) and then seeks out revenge against all the men who did her wrong, killing them off one by one. It's extremely graphic and probably one of the sickest things I've ever seen, but you can really see how it influenced Tarrantino. That, and if you love that kind of shit, this is the movie for you.

Hope this helps.