Fight at the Palace

jonnycomelately

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those two fans that went on the court deserved to be knocked the fuck out. But Artest running up the stands to take out that guy who threw that beer at him? WTF? Artest deserved that suspension, so did O'Neal for helping him out. I didn't really see Stephen Jackson so I can't really say what he did. But Ben Wallace? All he did was complain of a bad foul, which wasnt that bad in my opinion but it was his right to complain.

And I can't blame the fans for pelting the Pacers on the way to the locker room, I woulda probably done the same. I love the Pistons.

Here is my recommendations for suspensions:

Ron Artest- season, possible criminal charges (all his crap)

Jermaine O'Neal- 20 games (only attacked someone on the court)

Stephen Jackson- season (went up there unprovoked and hit an innocent bystander)

Ben Wallace- 3 games (standard for throwing punches in a game)

Jamaal Tinsley- 5 games (he hit an official but it was by accident)

Fred Jones- 5 games (see Jamaal Tinsley)

Nobody else should get any suspensions because they didn't do anything but try to keep the peace. Austin Croshere should get a payraise though. He was everyone's human shield.

I'm all for Artest going into the stands. I mean name calling and words are one thing but when you throw something at someone, prepare to get your ass kicked. Technically it was "Assault" on Artest and even the cop on ESPN last night said that it could be called Self-Defense. The Detroit fans are despicable. Sure Artest should be suspended, but the fans are just utter trash.

He was lying on the table cuz he was pissed that he just got ejected from the game. Yeah, the throwing was a bitch move, but hey when they were throwing the bottles at the Browns game a couple of years ago, you didn't see any of them take off into the stands and start swinging.

And anybody that thinks Artest is blameless in this is a complete fucking moron. It shouldn't have escalated the way it did...and it was all because of him. If he would have just shrugged it off (it was a plastic bottle for Christ's sake and it hit him in the chest) and said that the guy threw like a girl or something, that would have been appropraite but no, the fucking psycho goes "Charge the Mound" on this guy and him nor Jackson even hit the RIGHT FUCKING GUY. The guy who started all the crap was going all stealth and shit and then he attacked Artest from behind. That and the guy who cheap shotted Fred Jones were the only people in the stands that deserved to get snuffed out. The two dipshits that got laid out by Artest and O'Neal...I feel no sympathy for those retards. They wanted to get hit, and they sure as hell got their wish. My wish though was that Artest got pepper sprayed, developed some type of infection, and died. Cuz I really hate that guy, he's a punk (to use John Saunders terminology).

Apparently, Ben Wallace threw a punch at Artest. I didn't see it but thats what I heard from somewhere. He'll be gone for like 3-4 games and thats it. They'll say the time he spent suspended from figuring it out will be punishment enough. Stephen Jackson is likely to get sued. He hit a guy that didn't even do anything. Artest will likely have charges filed on him as well.

Anyone know where I can find a clip of it?

Here is my recommendations for suspensions:

Ron Artest- season, possible criminal charges (all his crap)

Jermaine O'Neal- 20 games (only attacked someone on the court)

Stephen Jackson- season (went up there unprovoked and hit an innocent bystander)

Ben Wallace- 3 games (standard for throwing punches in a game)

Jamaal Tinsley- 5 games (he hit an official but it was by accident)

Fred Jones- 5 games (see Jamaal Tinsley)

Nobody else should get any suspensions because they didn't do anything but try to keep the peace.  Austin Croshere should get a payraise though.  He was everyone's human shield.

He was lying on the table cuz he was pissed that he just got ejected from the game.  Yeah, the throwing was a bitch move, but hey when they were throwing the bottles at the Browns game a couple of years ago, you didn't see any of them take off into the stands and start swinging.

And anybody that thinks Artest is blameless in this is a complete fucking moron.  It shouldn't have escalated the way it did...and it was all because of him.  If he would have just shrugged it off (it was a plastic bottle for Christ's sake and it hit him in the chest) and said that the guy threw like a girl or something, that would have been appropraite but no, the fucking psycho goes "Charge the Mound" on this guy and him nor Jackson even hit the RIGHT FUCKING GUY.  The guy who started all the crap was going all stealth and shit and then he attacked Artest from behind.  That and the guy who cheap shotted Fred Jones were the only people in the stands that deserved to get snuffed out.  The two dipshits that got laid out by Artest and O'Neal...I feel no sympathy for those retards.  They wanted to get hit, and they sure as hell got their wish.  My wish though was that Artest got pepper sprayed, developed some type of infection, and died.  Cuz I really hate that guy, he's a punk (to use John Saunders terminology).

Everybody that threw a punch deserves the blame. To me, this all proves my theory involving Ron Artest:

HE'S A FUCKING LUNATIC.

First off, he was being a smart-ass by lying there on the scoring table to begin with, and just because some retard throws a cup of beer at you doesn't give you fair game to confirm the suspicion everyone has about NBA players by going to beat the shit out of him.

I could give a rat's ass whether or not the fans specifically did this or that. The fact is that their general actions make them to blame for a lot of this. HOWEVER, Stephen Jackson's too-thug-fo'-dis-ass needs to be gone for the rest of the season and post-season. Ben Wallace should get seven-to-ten games, because at worst, all he did was push Artest and throw a towel. Don't even put him in the same circle of idiots as the Drunk-troit fans and the Rain-Man-by-way-of-Lennox-Lewis that is Ron Artest.

Jermaine O'Neal gets the hook for at least the rest of the regular season, although it's very tempting to give him the exact same treatment as Jackson.

Ron Artest, however, needs to be barred from the NBA for the simple fact that while this is certainly the biggest and craziest thing he has ever done in the NBA spotlight, it is FAR from the only thing. It's all but confirmed that he's a nutcase, and his actions Friday night serve as the most incriminating piece of evidence possible.

That is not to say that Jackson and the Detroit fans deserve to get off the hook. While Jackson needs to be out of there for the season, the NBA should find a way to ban all alcoholic products from Detroit home games as well as at least double the amount of security.

How do you figure O'Neal deserves the gate for the season when he punched a fan who was on the court? Seems like self-defense, albeit excessively so, to me. Artest & Jackson should be done for the rest of the year, O'Neal & Wallace should get 10 games each. Wallace started the whole shit, and deserves more than the usual suspension for being involved in a fight.

We all know Artest has his issues, but barring him from the NBA wouldn't be right. The guy needs help, not something that could seriously mess his life up even more. He needs SERIOUS help, yes, but part of basketball for him is the fact that he's good at it and likes to play it. Say you take that away from him, is there a guarantee that he won't do anything harmful to himself because of an incidient where the fan SHOULD NOT have thrown anything in the FIRST PLACE? They have to be cautious with what they do to Artest, because the man obviously has serious problems to deal with. And I don't think that barring him from the NBA would be the best choice, since it could further his issues. He should be suspended most of, if not, all of the season for what he did. Though, it was self-defense because it doesn't matter if it's plastic or not, the intent to hurt in some way, shape or form, was there, it doesn't matter where or what hit him, it's still deemed to a case of self-defense like the officer said on SportsCenter.

Don't say that Wallace isn't the instigator in this. If he hadn't pushed Artest on the foul, none of this would have happened. I'm not saying that Artest did anything right, but perhaps, he wasn't neccessarily doing anything wrong. Wallace over-reacted on a situation he didn't need to. Flagrant or not, you don't shove a guy in the face just because you're pissed off about it.

I haven't seen enough of the rest to give full judgment, but still, to say Wallace is completely innocent is bogus, because he didn't have to do what he did.

I believe Artest should be gone for the season. Hes pulled too much shit not to get the maximum here. He should have been the better man and let it go. Stephen Jackson should also get the max because he punched someone out that wasn't even involved. As for O'Neal, id be leniant on. He was protecting a fan from getting at his teammate. The guy could have had a knife or something for all he knew. He'll get like 4 games. Wallace too should only get 3-4. He had an incident on the court and that was it.

How do you figure O'Neal deserves the gate for the season when he punched a fan who was on the court? Seems like self-defense, albeit excessively so, to me. Artest & Jackson should be done for the rest of the year, O'Neal & Wallace should get 10 games each. Wallace started the whole shit, and deserves more than the usual suspension for being involved in a fight.

Defending himself?  Jermaine O'Neal got a running start and cold cocked a guy from his blind side.  That is not self defense

Ben Wallace deserves maybe two games at the most.  One for the two-handed shove and maybe one for the towell.  And it was not a punch, it was a two handed shove.  Even Carlisle said so.