Ogre size Box Office Weekend

Laice07

Shrek Eats up the Box Office

Now the big question is, will it top Finding Nemo...

I'll be seeing the movie today at 2:00 pm, I'm excited. 87% in Rotten Tomatoes. Not bad.

Shrek did appeal to all ages... there is some almost subliminal messege humor, that little kids would have not got. For example, a Starbucks gets destroyed so they all run across the street... to another Starbucks.

IMO the second one is better than the first.

IMO the second one is better than the first.

like that's hard to do... Shrek sucked hard.

I don't mean to come in here and bash it, but I watched it, and the whole time felt like suffocating myself to stop the pain. I found the humor stale, not witty, the story could have been a bit more origanal imo, and the cast is ok... sure Eddie Murphey, but he hasn't been hilarious since maybe Coming to America or maybe the first Beverly Hills Cop. Mike Myers is dreadfully overrated since Austin Powers, of which the last two in the series were god awful.

Will I see #2, yes... will I hold #1 against it... No.

Just came back from the theatre, there were lines but I was still able to catch the movie. I went with my family, and we all enjoyed it. For those who loved the original would love this one, and the best thing about the movie was that there are more funny parts not shown in the trailer(thank goodness) and the trailer doesn't really give a lot away, there are still some surprises.

I'd say it's on par with the original. 8/10

It was a lot of fun... Puss in Boots may just be the cutest damn thing I've ever seen in my life. Fantastic movie, right up there with part one. And this board is the first time I've ever seen anyone say they didn't like Shrek.

I think Shrek will pass Finding Nemo in gross, it's $100+ opening makes it the 2nd highest opening for a movie ever next to Spider-Man, and since it opened on a Wednesday that means that many people who say it on Wednesday/Thursday didn't count towards weekend gross, so if it opened on Friday Shrek 2 might have broke Spider-Man's record

Sort of off topic: Mabye it was just the theatre i went to, but one of the coming attractions before the movie was for The Incredibles, A Pixar Movie, now doesn't Disney own Pixar, and Shrek is not made by Disney. So... WTF!

Off Topic: Disney won't be owning pixar aymore, pixar is going to become its own company.

On Topic: Off course its going to pass Finding Nemo, Shrek owns all animated films. Everyone I know loves the first one, and they're probably going to see the second one, I know I'll see the second one, sometime before memorial day weekend.

Guest TheKarnivalShow

The movie I thought was funnier than the first. Funniest part of the movie was from the whole KNIGHTS catching Shrek, Puss, and Donkey until their escape. Especially the whole Puss getting asked about the cat nip.

Guest Red Devil

I've seen the first and thought it was quite good so i'm getting ready to watch the second adn with the reviews it's been getting i can't wait.