Your favourite Oasis song?

Guest The Real Deal

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cast No Shadow is great but like EBG said there are too many to choose from so some get forgetten. I'd be more happy choosing a top 10, which I might just do on iTunes using that iMix thing.

What about favourite album? No doubt it's gonna be a toss up between Defenitely Maybe and Morning Glory for most people but for me MG is top followed by Masterplan.

Edited by King Ellis

Guest Downloading_Man

There are simply too many to pick from

1, Wonderwall

2, Don't Look Back In Anger

3, Champagne Supernova

4, Stop Crying Your Heart Out

5, Live Forever

6, Supersonic

7, Stand By Me

8, Morning Glory

9, Go Let It Out

10, Hindu Times

There are probably others that I can't recall right now, that would either be in or challenging my top 10 faves.

Not even Queen have made as many songs that I really like.

I like their cover of "Helter Skelter" (The Beatles), and it would be better than the original with a quicker tempo, but it's still an amazing song.

I became in-love with Oasis after I heard "Take me away", and one of my favorites has to be "Roll with it".

to the guy who asked their similarities to the Beatles: You've heard don't look back in anger, right? Shouldn't that let alone answer your question?

As to my favourite it would be Supersonic.

There was a time i couldn't stop listening to don't go away and all around the world.. but many people i know refer to them as cheesy songs. Whatever...

I can honestly say i like about 90% of their songs belonging to their first 3 records. I can also honestly say i'm not a big fan of their latest albums.

I can also honestly say they suck live cause the Gallaghers are a couple of assholes. That doesn't change my opinion on their music though.

Random Thoughts.

Definitely Maybe is great for a first album.

Acquiesce should have been an a-side, just like it says in the B-sides Album.

All songs picked as last songs on the albums are exactly what a pop-rock album last song should be IMO.

I haven't heard anything by the Oasis in the last couple of years. I think i'll listen to them when i get home today.

I blame you people :P

While I used to be of the same opinion, I think they've mellowed in their slightly older age.

Upon meeting them in 2003 at an airport to see them play in Dublin they were really nice about it, they were happy to sit around and answer questions and all get together for a photo or two with the band.

Another random addition, 'Fuckin in the Bushes' would get my vote for best instumental (of any band, not just Oasis).

Better than Crocketts Theme? How dare you? How dare you?

Edit: Or indeed what I just remembered is in actual fact the greatest instrumental of all time, Mark Knopflers Coming Home (Theme from Local Hero). Acquire it by some means.

Edited by Colly