Fifa 2005 is shit

Krazy_K

I'm in a football mood and wanted to take a rest from FM.

I went and borrowed out Fifa 2005, the guy at the store said "It was awesome, the ball off control is the best thing ever". Boy was he wrong.

1. There is no World Cup.

2. In Career mode you can't control your favourite team. You must pick from lower Second Divsions teams.

3. You get fouled for everything.

4. First touch is crap-tastic.

5. I would rather play Fifa 2005 on GBA.

I know that PES 4 is 10x better but I think that TIF 2005 may be better than Fifa 2005.

Don't buy Fifa 2005. Don't even look at it.

Edited by Krazy_K

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) There hasn't been a World Cup on FIFA for years because EA usually bring out a new game for each World Cup & European Championships.

2) You can do a single season with any team you like, and in career mode you work your way up to the better teams, which is more realistic than being able to pick whoever you want and manage them for 15 years.

3) I don't. Maybe you slide too much?

4) I don't really use first-touch, but it can be quite helpful, I've managed a few times to flick the ball into space and go on the attack.

I like FIFA 2005, I enjoy playing it, but then again that's just my opinion.

MMmm just been spending a week solidly playing Pro Evo 4 since I got it. It's the best football game around bar none. Fifa is laugh-worthy by comparison. And now with an improved kit and team editor, Pro Evo has taken a step even further to footballing greatness....AND the Spanish / Italian leagues are fully licenced.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Fifa's only real selling point is its licensing, so all the little kids and geeks buy it thinking its gotta be the best, if you can see past that, Pro Evo shits all over it.

Freekicks in Fifa are pathetic, you can score from any angle aslong as you've got common sense, same with open play, unless the keepers are world class even the most untalented players can score curling goals from the corner flag.

I'd rather play Sensible soccer.

Meh. I prefer Fifa to any other footy game. Maybe it's just 'cause I'm loyal to it. I remember renting Fifa '95 and getting Fifa '96 on the Megadrive for Christmas one year. Stuck with it ever since. I'd also rather play Total Club Manager than Champ Manager. *shrugs* That's just me though.

Remember the indoor footy on Fifa 97? That was great fun.

Total Club Manager is pathetic, you can do a whole number of things a real manager would have absolutely no control of, I was loyal to Fifa when there was nothing else, but the harsh reality is, that the game rarely changed and it just became a ripoff.

fifa with the isometric point of view was cool. The indoor football was also cool. But after Road to the world cup (which, despite it being certain to score from coming in diagonally off the wing, was actually an enjoyable game), it's been the same game every year, with useless features like first touch and off the ball thrown in.

That was 5-a side wasnt it? that was actually quite cool, I had it on the Saturn, except I'm notorious for getting sent off, so with only 5 players to a team its only a matter of seconds before I automatically lose 2-0 for too many sendings off.

I liked Fifa till 98, then it stayed almost exactly the same for the next couple of years, changed and then the process repeated itself. The whole seperate world/euro cup games is a rip off too, they purposely make the international teams in the normal fifa not as good as the worldcup games.

EDIT: Who remembers playing as Qatar in the first ever Fifa, the worst team ever, and who remembers being able to run away from the referee when getting show a red card on the megadrive version.

Edited by muddatrucker

5 a side, yeah, I think it was on the Megadrive, Fifa 97.

The World cup games ar ejust an excuse for more revenue from the gullible idiots who think it might actually be a different game this time around.

If you truly prefer FIFA's gameplay, I have no problem with that, but why buy the exact same game every year?

If you truly prefer FIFA's gameplay, I have no problem with that, but why buy the exact same game every year?

It's not the exact same each year, they do add more features and animations which I find quite good, despite your belief that they do nothing such as the Off The Ball control.

You're saying FIFA is the same each year, but what major gameplay features has PES4 completely revamped or modified since the last installment? (This is actually a question, I haven't played it yet.)

Well, for me, Pro Evo actually feels like Football, where as FIFA doesn't. After only playing three games on it I was able to beat it on the highest difficulty by over 5 goals. I brought it from Game though, so after about a week I was able to take it back and get a full refund. I love that policy that Game have, its like renting only for longer and for free.

EDIT: Who remembers playing as Qatar in the first ever Fifa, the worst team ever, and who remembers being able to run away from the referee when getting show a red card on the megadrive version.

:lol: I remember that, that was great fun.

I also remember the days when I would play two player with my mate and we would spank Quatar 26-0. Ahhhh, great days. Man, Fifa went downhill bigtime after Road to the World Cup. I'd still take ISS Pro Deluxe over any of the Fifa games.

Guest Ringmaster

I'll get Fifa every 2-3 years or so. I got the 2005 one. I'd get PES, but it doesn't come out over here, other than the Winning Eleven series, which was better than Fifa gameplay wise but had pretty much no teams.

My first EA soccer/football game was World Cup 94 and I loved it. Guess that still plays a factor.

Tom used to routinely thrash me at ISS Deluxe. He'd try every match to score from far out but never did until one match where he did it 3 times.

Anyone else score directly from a corner by setting the arrows to the touchline and getting the ball to hit the underside of the bar. I used to do it regulary but Tom denies it can be done.

Edited by King Ellis

I'll get Fifa every 2-3 years or so. I got the 2005 one. I'd get PES, but it doesn't come out over here, other than the Winning Eleven series, which was better than Fifa gameplay wise but had pretty much no teams.

My first EA soccer/football game was World Cup 94 and I loved it. Guess that still plays a factor.