Favorite Christmas Songs

maddog

I don't know the exact name of it, I think it was "I Believed In Father Christmas".

Others: Fairy Tale of New York - The Pogues, Merry Christmas Everyone - Shakin' Stevens, Santa Was Stoned at Christmas - Kevin Bloody Wilson.

I've always been partial to the Oi! To The World album by the Vandals...the actual song Oi To The World was knocked down a peg by No Doubt, the horns just didn't work in it I feel. Otherwise there is the Ramones "Merry Christmas, I don't Wanna Fight Tonight", any of the wierd Bad Religion christmas songs like Leon, God Rest Ye Gerry Mentleman. Bouncing Souls and Weston got together and did a great cover of "Do They Know Its Christmas"...

On the more serious note, I also love the Trans-Siberian Orchestra..my sister asked me if I wanted to go see them play last year with her and my bro-in-law, but I couldnt' afford the ticket. Also a big fan of the "fall on your knees" part of silent night....

Nobody yet has said "Christmas in Hollis", wow. Anyway, that's it for me. Just Run DMC.

Christmas music pisses me off. Same old drivel year in, year old. Overplayed worse than garbage pop, beaten to death over and over, still loved.

Two rival stations in southwest Connecticut switched to all Christmas music between Thanksgiving and probably Dec. 27th, give me a fucking break.