Official Liverpool Thread

FLiam

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crouch may not have been brought in to be a consistent goal-scorer, but with Liverpool needing goals, I'd sooner drop him for one than keep someone who currently can't score for shit. Ideally, you need a half decent striker and Crouch is about as far as one as humanly possible at the minute.

Guest muddatrucker

Crouch may not have been brought in to be a consistent goal-scorer, but with Liverpool needing goals, I'd sooner drop him for one than keep someone who currently can't score for shit. Ideally, you need a half decent striker and Crouch is about as far as one as humanly possible at the minute.

If you did drop Crouch, who would you bring on? Cisse and Morientes have proven not to be regualr performers, never mid goalscorers. At least Crouch consistently plays well, and he sets up chances for other people - Nando and Cisse are greedy buggers.

And Cisse is the most overrated player in the premiership. £14 million? I wouldnt pay £14 for what hes done and what they're payin him.

If Liverpool were to buy a striker, who would they buyu? None of the world-class strikers want to come to Anfield, and all the decent Spanish strikers are taken (because we all no that Rafa will look at Spain first to buy a striker), so the Reds might as well stick with Crouch. You don't score 16 goals for a team as poor as Southampton and suddenly become a bad player (mind you, good players who move to liverpool normally go rubbish e.g. Kewell, Morientes).

Plus, I don't know if it's been mentioned, but it took Henry 21 games to score for Arsenal, and he's the best striker in the prem (and probably the world) now.

But Cisse's only real attribute is his pace, at least Crouch has the ability to bring others into play - which, surprise surprise, he did against Manchester City.

And I'm not surprised he didn't score yesterday, the 'chances' MotD showed as well as the bloke covering it on Gillette Soccer Saturday suggests it was hardly a chance filled game.

Made up for Crouch. He's been quality since he joined us. He'll never be prolific, but if he can play as well as he has and add the occasional goal I'll be delighted.

15 clean sheets in 19 Premiership and Champs league games for Pepe Reina now by the way. :D