Official Liverpool Thread

FLiam

Rafa is awesome. That line about Robben was great, and I agree that it's time that referee's start dishing out punishments for stuff like that. Rivaldo was sent off in the last World Cup for trying to do something similar - basically trying to get someone else sent off. It's about time we saw it occuring in the domestic game.

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody seen that video on the BBC Sport website where the little Chelsea mascot goes to shake Gerrards hand in the tunnel and as Gerrard is about to shake it, he pulls his hand away and does that think where he puts his thumb on his nose and wriggles his fingers. That was really funny. I think the clip was off MOTD2 so you would've seen it on that.

Guest Ringo Von Masterson

We ought to move away from hating on Robben and hating on Drogba, he's doing the same thing as his teamate but twice as worse in every Ivory Coast game I've seen.

Good game today aye? :P

Pretty certain that Kewell is back at his best. While Gerrard is the best Liverpool player, I think Kewell has been outstanding since his return over the last few months. He's looking like he's back to his best days, which really we hadn't seen since the days of his career at Leeds. Nice to see him win over the fans too after all the rumours.

Morientes just doesn't look good in England. He seems to have no confidence anymore. On a plus side for Charlton too, the Bent partnership looked awesome tonight. After the big slump as of late, I can see things looking up for them more from here on.

And the early start catches up on us. We look tired, and without a decent finisher we're not going anywhere. Once again we dominated the first 40 minutes, do nothing, and then concede (although it wasn't a penalty). 3 months ago we would've won this comfortably, but now we've played so many more games than everyone else we're just not sharp enough.

We shouldn't have sent Pongolle out on loan. He deserves to start before Crouch or Morientes at the moment (both of whom look absolute shit, hopefully some Spanish side will take Morientes off our hands in the summer). Crouch needs a rest, but with no other real options he's not going to get one.

We haven't looked the same since the World Club Championships, but hopefully we can hang onto third.

Right. Because when your striker gets tackled by the goalkeeper, in the box, it's not a penalty. And if it had been Fowler and Myhre in that situation, you would have agreed that it wasn't a penalty. And Luke Young's goal wasn't a goal because he was offside. And Marcus Bent. And Darren Bent. And Darren Ambrose. And pretty much any player who went into your half with or without the ball.

Darren Bent has scored 13 league goals this season. Liverpool's 4 strikers (including Sinama-Pongolle, despite him not getting much of a chance) have scored 10 league goals between them.

I see Kewell has been out taking a bit of responsibility for not scoring and saying that he and his fellow forwards need to get their act together - that's good to hear, let's hope that the talk becomes action against Wigan on Saturday.

Right. Because when your striker gets tackled by the goalkeeper, in the box, it's not a penalty. And if it had been Fowler and Myhre in that situation, you would have agreed that it wasn't a penalty. And Luke Young's goal wasn't a goal because he was offside. And Marcus Bent. And Darren Bent. And Darren Ambrose. And pretty much any player who went into your half with or without the ball.

Edited by therockbox

Darren Bent has scored 13 league goals this season. Liverpool's 4 strikers (including Sinama-Pongolle, despite him not getting much of a chance) have scored 10 league goals between them.

I'm not entirely sure what your point is. I said we have a problem with our strikers (although if you look at Benitez' teams, goals come from all over the pitch). Earlier in the season we would've won, but we've played nearly twice as many games as everyone else this season (and had to go to Japan), so the players are tired.