Official Liverpool Thread

FLiam

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not just spraypainting "LIVAPOOL FC RULZ" on the walls, it's disrespecting all those innocent people who died in the Munich air crash and it's disrespecting all those innocent people who were killed by Harold Shipman. Nobody gives a shit about the cost, it's about the principle of it.

It's not just spraypainting "LIVAPOOL FC RULZ" on the walls, it's disrespecting all those innocent people who died in the Munich air crash and it's disrespecting all those innocent people who were killed by Harold Shipman. Nobody gives a shit about the cost, it's about the principle of it.

I'm not supporting it, but it happens all the time. People get pissed and write/say things they really don't mean. The way the whole Liverpool fan base is being blamed is ridiculous. It's like if I said you were an asshole for living on a world which has wars, despite the fact you've never started one. It's ridiculous. Some drunk individuals did something they really shouldn't have done, it's got nothing to do with football or Liverpool fans.

You mean apart fromt he fact that it was at a football match, done by people representing, and supporting, Liverpool? Hm..

• 2 weeks later...

Fowler to sign new Liverpool deal

Liverpool striker Robbie Fowler will sign a new one-year contract to stay at the Anfield club next week.

The 30-year-old was on a short-term deal after joining on a free from Manchester City in January.

"I had been treating every game as though it could be my last for Liverpool," admitted Fowler.

"Now I've got the incentive of knowing I'll get more chances to wear the red shirt. I would love to be part of a Liverpool side that wins the title."

Manager Rafael Benitez added: "This is fantastic news. Robbie has done really well and he deserves this.

Awesome news - Robbie is Liverpool through and through

From GC

Have your say on 606

"He has scored vital goals for us and has worked really hard. I am delighted to have him with us for next season, he is an important member of our squad."

Fowler has bagged four goals for the Reds in 15 appearances since re-joining the club he began his career with.

A super cup, a world club cup final, FA Cup Final, 82 points and 11 straight wins to finish off shows just how much we're improving. I reckon that within the next two seasons we'll be up there actually challenging Chelsea, if not winning it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Admin

Fernando Morientes has ended his disappointing spell with Liverpool by joining Valencia for an undisclosed fee.

The 30-year-old failed to impress after moving to Anfield from Real Madrid in a £6.3million transfer in January 2005 and netted just 12 goals in 61 games for the Reds.

His poor form saw him make just 20 Premiership starts last season and the lack of first-team action was a factor in his omission from the Spain squad for the World Cup finals.

Although Morientes' time with Liverpool was less than satisfactory it at least ended on a high, as his last appearance came in the dramatic FA Cup final victory against West Ham United.

Thought he'd go, he's been generally shit (not disappointing, just shit) for us since he joined. 'Undisclosed' probably means we've sold him for about 80% less than we got him for, but oh well. I'm sure Valencia have a few players Rafa's been interested in, so this might be a bargaining chip.

Here's confirmation....

Fernando Morientes has agreed personal terms with Valencia and is expected to complete his switch from Liverpool on Tuesday, subject to a medical.

The clubs negotiated a move for an undisclosed fee on Thursday and the 30-year-old will sign a three-year deal with the option of a further year.

Morientes has been at Anfield for 16 months and managed to score just 12 goals in 61 games.

His lack of form saw him left out of Spain's squad for the World Cup.

Morientes moved to Liverpool from Real Madrid for £6.3m in 2005 after he had excelled while on loan at Monaco.

"Everybody at Liverpool would like to wish 'Nando' all the best with his new club in Spain," said a statement on the Liverpool website.

On Tuesday Morientes' agent Gines Carvajal said the striker would not return to Spain and would fulfil the remaining two years of his Liverpool contract.

Morientes made his first division debut with Albacete in 1993 and joined Real Zaragoza two years later where he went on to score 28 league goals in two seasons.

In 1997 Real Zaragoza sold him for £4.5m to Real Madrid.

The striker won three European Cups and two league titles with Real but the arrival of Ronaldo in 2002 limited his chances.

Morientes moved on loan to Monaco, helping the French club reach the Champions League final in 2004, before they were beaten 3-0 by Porto.

He returned to Real Madrid at the start of the 2004-2005 season, but the arrival of Michael Owen again pushed him down the striking pecking order at Real and in January 2005 he joined Liverpool.

Although Morientes will not be going to the World Cup he has an impressive strike rate for Spain, scoring 26 goals in 43 international appearances.

Edited by TheArsenal

Players don't seem to realise that Benitez isn't the type of manager that'll be 'friends' with his players. If you read Guillem Balague's book he says that this was the main problem with Gerrard; he felt unwanted because Benitez doesn't single out players for special attention.

That being said, I hope Cisse goes as well. He's been alright and did well to get back from his injury, but really he's all pace and nothing else.

I was thinking that Benitez might have given Cisse a chance to prove himself next season, and I wondered if he'd have warranted that chance (not that I am questioning Rafa, who is awesome) but now Cisse has come out moaning and gobbing off and obviously the only recourse for a manager like Benitez will be to sell the whiny bitch.

Good.

Would be nice to sign a striker before the World Cup, but it's more important to sign the right players than it is to sign players quickly.

• 3 weeks later...

Liverpool wrap up Bellamy switch

Liverpool have completed the signing of Blackburn striker Craig Bellamy on a four-year contract.

The 26-year-old Welsh international sealed the deal, which is thought to be in the region of £6m, 24 hours after passing a medical.

Bellamy told the Reds website: "The fact that it was Liverpool made it impossible for me to turn them down.

"As I'm a fan, it doesn't matter what club I was at. I could never turn Liverpool down."

Blackburn boss Mark Hughes reluctantly told Bellamy that he could talk to the Anfield club after their offer met contractual conditions.

Bellamy's contract at Ewood Park was thought to include a clause, active until June 30, that allowed him to speak to any club offering £6m.

Liverpool are understood to have offered that amount, paving the way for contract negotiations to begin.

Bellamy scored 17 goals in 26 league and cup starts for Rovers last season.

His signing has been welcomed by Reds striker Robbie Fowler.

He said: "He's an excellent player, who will give an extra dimension to the squad."

Bellamy's arrival will signal competition for places, with England forward Peter Crouch also vying for a starting berth.

But Fowler added: "Craig is quick, a nightmare for defenders to mark, never gives anything up and knows how to score goals.

"If we are going to overhaul Chelsea, we need plenty of competition for places and Craig's arrival will keep us all on our toes."

He was good at Blackburn, he's a decent player but like I said in the transfer thread - the baggage and his attitude could be a problem. Of course he might have put it all behind him, but then he could start moaning as soon as Rafa's rotation policy starts coming into play.